Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really hard to choose 3-5
I found Cap 1 a total snoozefest as well, but love the fuck out of Winter Soldier. It's probably my favorite MCU film, followed very closely by Infinity War and the first GOTG.
I have Iron Man/WS tied, number 3 is GotG, Ragnorak. I don't know why but Avengers just hasn't stayed on top 5 i think. Civil war I still might put above infinity war

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Even the trailer for Winter Soldier is incredible. The message in that movie is actually very much current day globalism big brother type of stuff. Kind of surprising they were allowed to push that warning message at all.
hah, even the comment section is still going nuts saying its the best MCU film ever.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

I have no issues with Cap civil war being ranked #1 I think Iron Man gets bonus points for launching the marvel universe. They really have made Bucky terrible when he was a fan favorite

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Winter soldier was such a good movie and extended to civil war war tied in Black panther without the wakanda forever stuff. Rip Chadwick, guy went out in class

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I didn't care for Civil War all that much. I don't think it was terrible or bad by any means but it just isn't up there with the IM1s, Winter Soldiers, etc. for me. I probably have it toward the bottom of the "2nd" tier with shit like Ragnarok, Homecoming, Avengers 1, etc.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have no issues with Cap civil war being ranked #1 I think Iron Man gets bonus points for launching the marvel universe. They really have made Bucky terrible when he was a fan favorite
i think my problem with Civil War was it just kept escalating and they could have stopped before it got to the point where Cap and Tony were going all out death match with everyone else losing their shit to attack the other side. it just felt too unreasonable. i guess this is one of my hot takes because if they were reasonable then there wouldnt be a movie. or if somebody says, Bucky killed Tony's parents, Tony was right to lose his shit and forget all reason! even though he fucking knew that Bucky was under mind control and wasnt in control of his own body for 50 years. outside of that, Civ War was an excellent film.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Captain America First Avenger is probably my favorite MCU film that isn't an Avengers ensemble film.

I think they nailed the period and the topic without making it cheesy/corny (considering the source material they had to work with), and there are moments there that hit me right in the feels, like when he jumps on the grenade in boot camp
Same. If you look at the Cap 1 thread I'm probably there somewhere saying how retarded the concept of Captain America is. I didn't go see it.

I saw it by accident on TV and it sold me on the entire MCU which at that point had just started Phase 2 and I'd seen none of it.

I just liked how it respected and adapted the source material and found a way to make it make sense. Captain America is a stupid propaganda hero, so they have that in the movie and address it, amazing.

I think the Captain America trilogy is the best superhero trilogy of all time, each movie is a totally different genre and great in it's own right while still having a continuous story which is actually more about Bucky.

GotG is a step behind as this third one was fine but had too much goofy stuff (counter earth is terrible).

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Same. If you look at the Cap 1 thread I'm probably there somewhere saying how retarded the concept of Captain America is. I didn't go see it.

I saw it by accident on TV and it sold me on the entire MCU which at that point had just started Phase 2 and I'd seen none of it.

I just liked how it respected and adapted the source material and found a way to make it make sense. Captain America is a stupid propaganda hero, so they have that in the movie and address it, amazing.

I think the Captain America trilogy is the best superhero trilogy of all time, each movie is a totally different genre and great in it's own right while still having a continuous story which is actually more about Bucky.

GotG is a step behind as this third one was fine but had too much goofy stuff (counter earth is terrible).

Back when Iron Man hit it big and they started cranking out the origin story films for each avenger, I chuckled at the thought of them trying to adapt Captain America. Easily the worst concept with the worst source material. Here's a guy with a dorky shield, and a giant A on his forehead with little wings on the side of his little hood. Vita rays? Fighting Hitler? LMAO, who's gonna watch this laughable 1940s kiddie comic shit?

But they nailed it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Homsar

Cap trilogy #1 Holland Spiderman #2, GoTG #3. I only enjoyed IM1 and Thor Ragnarok. Out of their 3

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cap trilogy #1 Holland Spiderman #2, GoTG #3. I only enjoyed IM1 and Thor Ragnarok. Out of their 3
The first two Tom Holland films are pretty good and avoid the trap of rehashing the origin and same villians again.

The third one being the trilogy to end the trilogy of spidermen was really something special though.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I guess I'm in the minority that really liked this. I'd stick it up there with Ragnarok and Logan as my faves. It had great style/sets, comedy without being hokey, touching and tense moments, no woke shit, and while the sountrack wasn't my personal cup of tea, it sounded amazing anyways on my new Sonos setup.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
of course i had to throw WInter Soldier on again. what an incredible self contained film.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
One day I will get around to watching it, but I have never cared for Capt. America and found the first movie a real snooze.

Even before the movies, as a kid, I thought Marvel art was lame and Captain America's powers, in particular, were weak. The only comic exposure I had, growing up, was buying Spawn so I could sketch the art from it, in class, and reading through some trading cards with Marvel characters on them, that a friend had.
I 100% agree with your opinion on the 1st Captain America. I'm a huge Marvel nerd, and I fell asleep during the first one, it was so dull. And red skull did nothing for me.
That said, Winter Soldier is a top tier Marvel movie. It's one of the best, right up there with the 1st Guardians and Thor Ragnarok.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There were black hydra henchman in Cap 2.
i just got finished watching that and there were a few on the elevator fighting Cap, but i dont know if that means they were Hydra. when Cap gave the orders that Hydra had compromised SHIELD and to help stop them. wasnt any black Hydra dudes fighting SHIELD and all the brothas were sacrificing their lives to stop the helicarriers from taking off. it makes a lot of sense because Hydra is a Nazi offshoot.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
One day I will get around to watching it, but I have never cared for Capt. America and found the first movie a real snooze.

Even before the movies, as a kid, I thought Marvel art was lame and Captain America's powers, in particular, were weak. The only comic exposure I had, growing up, was buying Spawn so I could sketch the art from it, in class, and reading through some trading cards with Marvel characters on them, that a friend had.
Evans Captain America is great. Origin movies are slow, but even that worked, but the character just got better and better from movie to movie. On the other hand, Ironman started high but stagnated or even slipped. My MCU favorites would be Thor, Cap and Loki. I've always liked the Asgardians though, Cap I could take or leave. Now, he ranks up there.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Evans Captain America is great. Origin movies are slow, but even that worked, but the character just got better and better from movie to movie. On the other hand, Ironman started high but stagnated or even slipped. My MCU favorites would be Thor, Cap and Loki. I've always liked the Asgardians though, Cap I could take or leave. Now, he ranks up there.
Tony shines best in the Avengers films, but he's still great in IM1

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tony shines best in the Avengers films, but he's still great in IM1
Not mentioned much since a back up character but I think Paul Bettany nails the Vision role that I remember from the comics.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Casting was one of many things they did right for phase one MCU. I really cannot go back and think of one main character that might have been cast better.

• 1Like