Guild Wars 2

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got my revenant to 80 and am finishing up personal story so I can move on to HoT. What is FOH guild tag? Would love to do a fractal.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Had an intense day of learning yesterday.

I switched from a power sword weaver to a fire condition weaver. ( Open World Domination: Fire Weaver )

and like it much better. It's not as reliant on other players for boons and has more defensive options. Stacking endurance regen and using Evasiva Arcana ( Evasive Arcana - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) ) is a particularly compelling strategy.

Returning to active MMOs after many years is fun because there's just so much stuff stacked on itself to do, though prioritization between the many different paths is overwhelming. Right now I'm mostly focused on map completion and getting mobility options (the new mounts / the rewind gizmo).

I'd like to see all the fractals, so I also want to work on the ascendant gear. Right now I'm working on getting a Warpblade - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) I made the choice to work on that before I learned I had to level my weapon smithing. I generally avoid all crafting in games as much as possible, but I ordered a bunch of stuff from this list Gw2 Weaponsmith Guide and it seems pretty straightforward compared to other games.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Had an intense day of learning yesterday.

I switched from a power sword weaver to a fire condition weaver. ( Open World Domination: Fire Weaver )

and like it much better. It's not as reliant on other players for boons and has more defensive options. Stacking endurance regen and using Evasiva Arcana ( Evasive Arcana - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) ) is a particularly compelling strategy.

Returning to active MMOs after many years is fun because there's just so much stuff stacked on itself to do, though prioritization between the many different paths is overwhelming. Right now I'm mostly focused on map completion and getting mobility options (the new mounts / the rewind gizmo).

I'd like to see all the fractals, so I also want to work on the ascendant gear. Right now I'm working on getting a Warpblade - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) I made the choice to work on that before I learned I had to level my weapon smithing. I generally avoid all crafting in games as much as possible, but I ordered a bunch of stuff from this list Gw2 Weaponsmith Guide and it seems pretty straightforward compared to other games.

I'll be afk crafting most of the day today while I WFH. I'm down for some fractals in the afternoon.

Weaver is my favorite class in the game, it's quite complicated and challenging to play efficiently. It's not meta if you tweak the build a bit you can basically become unkillable.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'll be afk crafting most of the day today while I WFH. I'm down for some fractals in the afternoon.

Weaver is my favorite class in the game, it's quite complicated and challenging to play efficiently. It's not meta if you tweak the build a bit you can basically become unkillable.
Yeah the elementalist is a big reason I came back to the game, I missed playing it and it's one of my all-time favorite caster classes in any game.

It's a little disappointing that, from what I hear, it's significantly outclassed by other classes that are simpler to play. I don't really know if that's true and I try to not let it bother me too much.

Hekotat

Yeah the elementalist is a big reason I came back to the game, I missed playing it and it's one of my all-time favorite caster classes in any game.

It's a little disappointing that, from what I hear, it's significantly outclassed by other classes that are simpler to play. I don't really know if that's true and I try to not let it bother me too much.

Go for what's fun, the majority of this content can be conquered with whatever the fuck build you can come up with. Raiding would be the only area you would need to be bleeding edge and I just don't want to deal with elitist assholes to see the content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Also, any of you guys returning make sure to log onto all your characters. You get a Bday gift for each year on the day your character was created. The older the character the better the gift.

You can get some really nice items from those gifts.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also, any of you guys returning make sure to log onto all your characters. You get a Bday gift for each year on the day your character was created. The older the character the better the gift.

You can get some really nice items from those gifts.
Yeah I spent a while yesterday doing just that. Got some pretty sweet dyes. I got excited when I saw the trader value for the dyes until I saw they were account bound!!!

Hekotat

Yeah I spent a while yesterday doing just that. Got some pretty sweet dyes. I got excited when I saw the trader value for the dyes until I saw they were account bound!!!

I believe you used to be able to sell them but I could be misremembering.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Search the wiki for the dye pack and you can put in your api key to see which dye is worth the most. You can't trade them but it will keep you from picking one that's a few gold instead of something that costs far more

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Search the wiki for the dye pack and you can put in your api key to see which dye is worth the most. You can't trade them but it will keep you from picking one that's a few gold instead of something that costs far more
This is actually exactly what I did :D

I got so many dye packs that after getting the whitest white, reddest red and blackest black I just got the expensive ones. the market couldn't be wrong about which colors were best!!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I paid 700g (yes, really) for permafrost dye about 3 years ago and it goes for 215 now, largely thanks to the 6th year birthday gift having it as an option. I wish I had known I would be able to get it in the next gift

• 1Worf

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They introduce new dyes all of the time. What is extremely expensive now will be cheap at a later date and / or will show up in the birthday presents. Good time to buy expensive dyes is when they have a dye pack on sale. For a few weeks the price will drop by huge amounts, sometimes never going back up.

Regarding birthday presents, if you have extra character slots you should fill them up. Even if you don't think you will be playing them or the game later. Took a loong break from the game and have a bunch of characters. Now I'm sitting on almost a hundred 24hr birthday boosters and a bunch of unopened dye packs. I find the birthday boosters are a huge help when playing WvW and trying to gain ranks, which indirectly helps with Legendary armor. Also have most of the dyes in the game, except the latest and most expensive.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Doing some sPvP for shards of glory and it's actually kind of fun. I know that it turnes into a meta-build shitfest at higher ranks, but the early rank stuff is entertaining

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Got my griffon mount this weekend. Up to 56 agony resistance.

Leveling my fractal level is kind of annoying. My exploit is to join a T1 fractal daily group, then at the end I'll pop open the LFG for higher level fractals I normally can't join because my fractal level is too low. Once everyone from my group leaves I can then join some other group. Got into a T2 Sunqua instance, was my first time in it and I didn't know it was Sunqua until I had to look it up to learn the fight between wipes. I almost carried them to victory but they kept dying in the water stage. At the end when they gave up they were like, "How the fuck are you get in here and why is your agony resistance only 36". My last fractal on the pirate ship I did over 60% of the damage in the group. I don't really know how trustworthy those #s are though.

I've thought about joining an organized group but I play so infrequently it's not worth it yet. I'm at fractal level 20 now, so only 5 away from being able to join T2 normally, which will open things up quite a bit.

I switched to this fire condi weaver spec and really love it: Open World Domination: Fire Weaver in fractals I'm usually top DPS (I think one time I lost BIG to a holosmith, what the hell), I've never been beaten by another weaver. In zergs I'm always top 3, sometimes top, but I'm always try-harding so I dunno if that counts. There's a ton of whining in the elementalist community about balance, but I don't really know how I stack up. I want to try another set of fractal runs with @Dom to see if his DPS doesn't totally embarrass mine now.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Tier 2's aren't much more difficult than T1's for the most part, but it's where you start to notice just how much bad/lazy players are a drain on the group. A skilled knowledgeable player with an optimal setup will do somewhere around 20 times the amount as just some random casual (Anet has said as much) and won't jeopardize other players that would be downed by shit they shouldn't be getting hit by. This is also where meta support builds can start carrying a group. The ease that runs go when I'm on my Alacrigade is ridiculous compared to my zerker DH.

You'll want to have figured out which meta build you enjoy by the time you move into T3's, as group comp starts to matter.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh, and this is pretty lulzy, I bought:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088TQXYX2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088WCG7L4

and hooked them up to the 4 attunements. My typical attunement cycle is Fire->Air->Fire->Earth>Fire. I use my left foot for fire attunement and my right foot to switch between water/air/earth.

1604415665689.png

I also use this mouse and have
G12: Weapon 1
G9: Weapon 2
G10: Weapon 3
G11: Weapon 4
G14: Weapon 5
G13: Dodge
Logitech-gaming-mouse-G600-MMO-Wired-mouse-from-logitech-with-8200DPI-Opticali-Genuine-for-overwatch-DOTA.jpg

I was worried it'd be slow and unwieldy but it's actually really smooth, frees up my left hand for WASD / Utility clicks and is really, really fun to hit the pedals and switch attunements.

The biggest problem I'm dealing with now is balancing staring at my abilities to know when they are ready to be used and staring at the boss to hit my dodge. Even though I stack vitality/toughness on all my gear, I still need to hit dodge to stay alive and keep up DPS. The other problem I have is related, I often can't see what the hell the boss is doing because of all the effects I and others are casting. I'd love to edit the GW2 game files and just remove ALL player effects.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users