Guild Wars 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The Halloween one is coming up and it is by far the most difficult. There is also one in LA that goes all the way across the map.

Pro Tip: Turn off double tap to dodge unless you like flinging yourself off the edge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Necros also have an ability called Spectral Walk that functions similarly to that. Also gives you a speed boost, which nets you longer jumps.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
There is also one in LA that goes all the way across the map.
I looked that one up -- Troll's Revenge? Too bad you can cheese it now with the Springer mount. But I guess prohibiting mount use for this one wasn't practical. But I'm sure people who got the achievement legitimately were pissed off knowing this.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
One of the best things about this game is that there is no RNG to deal with when it comes to doing things you want to do. You pick something to achieve and there's a set path with clear steps to go through and you never have to hope or pray that the game rolls the right dice for you. Want to collect a dungeon armor set? You can calculate exactly how many runs you need, and don't need to worry about something not dropping for a hundred runs in a row.

Every minute you spend doing anything is progress towards something. Even if you're just fucking around you're earning stuff you can sell towards another goal. Bored and decide to join a Drakkar meta for something to do? It's progress. Compare that to something like WoW where the only reason to join a world boss fight is a one in a thousand chance of some rare mount or some shit.

And even if you crave those super rare drops, like a chakk infusion, they're around to chase after.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I looked that one up -- Troll's Revenge? Too bad you can cheese it now with the Springer mount. But I guess prohibiting mount use for this one wasn't practical. But I'm sure people who got the achievement legitimately were pissed off knowing this.

Yeah, that's the one. We ran it the other day with no mounts just to show a friend that started playing, they really like jumping puzzles.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unlocked the Warclaw. WvW outside of peak hours for my server/link was dead.

Friday night's alright for fighting..

Even tier one servers are slow most other times. If you have a ocx/sea crew then sat mornings can have some action. Events use to bring people in, not sure if people care much anymore, haven't played in a while.

Still have one more set of wvw legendary armor to get, but the grind is pretty rough. Was hoping Alliance changes would be in by now.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Still enjoying the grind on my revenant. I'm going to hit 50 next time I log in. Haven't done any dungeons yet. Running as a power build, but have figured out how stupid I was and stopped that nonsense. Revenant is all about reource management. Dwarf stance has a built in special move that creates whirling hammers around you. Just walk up to something and hit autoattack to generate resources, then hammers on and click f2 when it's up. Heals too if fighting something that might hurt more than you autoheal.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Burned the crystals I got from buying the xpacs on a set of glammed up harvesting tools. They are fucking hilarious. Would buy again!

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Permanent harvesting tools are a must have imo. I'm missing perm logging axes and I tend to go through at least one entire stack a day. If it's a new map and the new map currency is logging related I can easily go through 3-5 a day. It's a shitty feeling having to dedicate 5 or so inventory slots to logging axes and it's an even worse feeling when I go to log a tree and I run out of axes mid harvest. Without perm tools that's a potential shitload of invy spots dedicated to holding harvesting tools, unless you don't mind (and remember to) purchase them.

I wouldn't mind picking up the extended material thing at some point too.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It takes something like 40,000 nodes to break even on most of the unbreakable sets. People like to say they're convenient, but I'm not sure how it's any more convenient than not having to gather at all.

I'd buy a set without hesitation if they were account wide, because remembering to put them in shared inventory everytime I switch characters just isn't going to happen

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
pagsvh1qq2q51.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Wasn't so much the cost of gathering tools for me, it was running out constantly at bad times, and the inv space taken up on all the extra tools I'd carry. I'm pretty OCD about harvesting usually, so they were worthwhile

I have shitloads of unbound magic, I wish I could just upgrade the glyphs to volatile magic or something newer, without buying another set.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My willingness to give $$$ to ArenaNet is so high it doesn't take much motivation for me to throw money at them for these tools. I might change my mind after I get these living world stories though.

• 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just finished up my level 60 quests. I remember doing Claw Island 2 before. 6 years ago on my barb hunter I managed to get knocked in the water and completely lost while the NPCs carried me through the last fight.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The fractal event is live. To be eligible for the bonus community awards I believe you only need to do a single fractal and/or turn in the "sense of community trophy" you receive after fractal completion. Just do a single fractal from start to completion and turn in your trophies to the merchant outside of the fractal gate before the event ends and you should be good to go. If the entire bonus event is completed by the community (it should be) you'll receive the following in total:

10 Kegs of Liquid Karma
15 Celebration Boosters
500 Fractal Relics

20 Fractal Keys
3 Large Mists Defensive Potions
3 Large Mists Mobility Potions
3 Large Mists Offensive Potions
28 Fractal Research Pages
3 Pristine Fractal Relics
Fractal Weapon Crate (Exotic Weapon)
Fractal Weapon Skin Crate
Gold Fractal Weapon Crate (Exotic Weapon)
Ascended Salvage Tool

Endless Fractal Challenge Mote Tonic (Novelties potion)

Even if you're not interested in fractals the bolded rewards are actually really, really nice for a single fractals worth in rewards. You don't need agony resistance until Fractal 20 so if you're new and you don't know what you're doing it might be easier to just stick to 1 - 19. #4 in particular is probably the fastest, noob friendly one and I'm seeing a few people throw up noob friendly groups for that just to get eligibility for the event out of the way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users