Guild Wars 2

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Now's the time for my regular post of "Reading this thread makes me want to get back into GW2 but I have an 80 in almost every class I want to play and I haven't liked any of the expansions." Launch GW2 may be my favorite MMO of all time, though.

Molten Core Raider
I need to suck it up and just dive into a fractal. Ive been chipping away at getting ascended gear and plowing through the story stuff since i started playing again (finished Living World season 2 finally and now into HoT) and haven't even looked at fractals. Im still not super confident Im playing my class effectively (mesmer) so Ive been leary of trying group content.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The fractal event is live. To be eligible for the bonus community awards I believe you only need to do a single fractal and/or turn in the "sense of community trophy" you receive after fractal completion. Just do a single fractal from start to completion and turn in your trophies to the merchant outside of the fractal gate before the event ends and you should be good to go. If the entire bonus event is completed by the community (it should be) you'll receive the following in total:

10 Kegs of Liquid Karma
15 Celebration Boosters
500 Fractal Relics

20 Fractal Keys
3 Large Mists Defensive Potions
3 Large Mists Mobility Potions
3 Large Mists Offensive Potions
28 Fractal Research Pages
3 Pristine Fractal Relics
Fractal Weapon Crate (Exotic Weapon)
Fractal Weapon Skin Crate
Gold Fractal Weapon Crate (Exotic Weapon)
Ascended Salvage Tool

Endless Fractal Challenge Mote Tonic (Novelties potion)

Even if you're not interested in fractals the bolded rewards are actually really, really nice for a single fractals worth in rewards. You don't need agony resistance until Fractal 20 so if you're new and you don't know what you're doing it might be easier to just stick to 1 - 19. #4 in particular is probably the fastest, noob friendly one and I'm seeing a few people throw up noob friendly groups for that just to get eligibility for the event out of the way.
thanks. I've put about 10 hours into GW2 since returning but I'll give this a go.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
How long is this event running?

I can also guide newbs through most, there are a few I haven't seen yet or remember but it'll be easy to figure out.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Let's do it, me and my dad will go.
Sounds good. The only real requirement is being level 80 which I assume your father is already.

Just to save some time I'd suggest reading up on breakbars and how to use CC to deal with them if you're not already up to snuff (not dealing with breakbars in fractals results in punishing mechanics)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
One thing I should mention is that I am enjoying the hell out of the jumping puzzles this time around. When I actually find them. Found 3 so far, and 2 of them stumbled on the fast way to the end.
If you haven't already, definitely do Goemm's Lab jumping puzzle in Metrica Province. It's not particularly difficult, but is very cool.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Well was just informed that we have family stuff we are doing tonight, so I guess Im out for this run...Sorry

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm logged in if you need a body for fractals, it says I did up to fractal 32 before and I've got this shiny fractal thing on my back, but that feels like another lifetime ago and I don't remember any of it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm logged in if you need a body for fractals, it says I did up to fractal 32 before and I've got this shiny fractal thing on my back, but that feels like another lifetime ago and I don't remember any of it.
Only seeing this now, but we had a full group. If you're looking to get back into the game you should join up with the guild. It's pretty much just to keep FoH people and some others connected.