Guild Wars 2

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Started playing again recently after my oldest nephew talked me into running the HoT storyline with him, of course he hasn't been on since then, lol. I still strongly dislike the zone design of HoT, though honestly only Verdant Brink makes me pissed off.
Just wanted to ask, Verdant Brink pissed you off but Tangled Depths didn't!?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just wanted to ask, Verdant Brink pissed you off but Tangled Depths didn't!?
Verdant Brink was the first zone for HoT, and as such, I spent the most time there trying to find my way around solo. Not fun. My experience in all the other HoT zones were simply for Story, then Meta and HP trains, so it was a much more chill experience. Auric Basic and Tangled Depths have been my favorite zones in HoT, and I might end up getting 100% in them both.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
My super hot, Norn celestial dual staff Mesmer. Pretty ridiculous, can solo just about anything.

ariella.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EoD day 1 nerfs across the board for Ele, including Cata. Then they buffed Cata. Then a couple weeks later they nerfed Cata again. Several weeks ago they then nerfed Staff Ele (Yes seriously) and the Flame Greatsword Elite Skill 5 in WvW (Damage was further nerfed and the max number of targets were reduced from 10 -> 5). The guy in charge of WvW balance for the last year or two who has been shit during this time then left the company.

From what I can tell Weaver is still best damage Ele. Everyones still playing Guardian, Necro, and now the new Engineer the Mechanist and new Mesmer Virtuoso. Catalyst is still dead for all the reasons previously listed unless you get a large hitbox target that stands still and doesn’t move at all or play him as a Quickness Buff support bitch.

I forgot Thief is in the game so I’m not sure what their place in the Meta is currently but I know Warriors and Rangers are getting pretty fed up with their current state.

That said, EoD didn’t bring any real new end game content so you wouldn’t miss out on anything new by playing off-meta. All of the meta events in EoD are pretty easy and consistently completed through the LFG and the new strikes lack enrage or timers so any random group comp can more or less complete them. Challenge Mote EoD Strikes are a different story.

Supposedly ANet is promising a complete overhaul/balance patch in the near future thats directed at every class and every weapon that everyones waiting for, but whatever.
Started playing again couple of weeks ago. Mainly WvW. Revenants must have had a buff. See a lot more than the usual zero.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
G/f wanted to play something I wouldnt sperg out on and quit before she's even max lvl. I played this up to max lvl all the way back at release in 2012 and then stopped playing it, then came back and did the same thing again some time later with Heart of Thorns (iirc, Im not sure whats enabled on this account and whats not.)

I figured this time, I would erase my characters and start off on the same page as her with her playing a F2P account (to make sure she likes it.) I have the GW2 offer for a couple expansions on Amazon to get her up a notch if she likes it. But over all, just something we can play together at the same pace. Never mind that I have no idea / forgot - what does what in the game and whats for what and all the questions that come along with an MMO.

My question revolves what addons should we be using? I see Tac0. But what else?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
If you're just dicking around in the open world, you really don't need anything in terms of add-ons. It's only if you decide to jump into raids and fractals and the like that they'll start feeling more important.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tac0 and similar mods start to get really useful when you decide you want to stop having fun and start completing things.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Need to get path of fire and heart of thorns - anyone have an unused prime discount? Used mine, need one for g/f. Thank you

Thanks Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well got back into this last week, finished the last 3 episodes before the new expansion. Just arrived in Cantha now, place is very colorful.

My engineer is now a condition Mechanist, pretty fun and easy to play. I love the pet.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I unexpectantly won a bid on a used Radeon 6700 XT. Got it for $375 which appears to be a pretty good deal...for now.

Anyway, I eagerly installed the latest AMD drivers for the card and was greeted by some real shit performance. After some experimenting it appears the Adrenaline software is the culprit. It is absolutely murdering GW2 frame rate. I tried turning off all the fancy options you can run with but made no difference. I had to install just the graphics driver and not the Adrenaline crap.

Anyone here running a Radeon card and have any thoughts?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So yesterday anet released the preview to the balance patch for next week... the supposed warrior banner and ranger spirit reworks, rework of some of the class uniques into boons, more boon spam... it wasn't received well... Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Also today someone posted a long discussion between the devs and players on balance stuff from their discord, but the highlights are the lead balance dev doesn't know about thieves and rangers, admits to boosting mirage staff because they hate the axe, and gloating over the salt to be generated from the patch... not exactly the perfect person to be balancing a game through their own bias....
The threads are being scrubbed from the official forums and reddit of course

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I unexpectantly won a bid on a used Radeon 6700 XT. Got it for $375 which appears to be a pretty good deal...for now.

Anyway, I eagerly installed the latest AMD drivers for the card and was greeted by some real shit performance. After some experimenting it appears the Adrenaline software is the culprit. It is absolutely murdering GW2 frame rate. I tried turning off all the fancy options you can run with but made no difference. I had to install just the graphics driver and not the Adrenaline crap.

Does Adrenaline have any kind of background recording or overlay features?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I have an 6800XT with current Adrenaline and drivers, and have no issue whatsoever with GW2. I do not play often, however.

I have disabled RSR, Anti-Lag, Sharpening, Enhanced Sync and VBR in the performance tab. The only thing I have set is Radeon Chill to 60 fps, though.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Does Adrenaline have any kind of background recording or overlay features?
I believe it does, but I'm pretty sure I had disabled everything at one point with no affect. It's possible I missed this one, though.

I have an 6800XT with current Adrenaline and drivers, and have no issue whatsoever with GW2. I do not play often, however.

I have disabled RSR, Anti-Lag, Sharpening, Enhanced Sync and VBR in the performance tab. The only thing I have set is Radeon Chill to 60 fps, though.
Like I mentioned above, I'm pretty sure I disabled everything when I was trying to figure out WTF is going on. Also, I have a 165Hz monitor so I'm running the framerate unbound.

Without Adrenaline installed, the game is running much better, but I'm still getting this annoying "hitching". As if the game is buffering in something at points. This is something I never noticed with my previous GTX 1660 Ti. After searching around, I found this post:

Trying this, the game is BUTTER smooth now. Although I did once get some weird artifacting in Orr zones, but later mysteriously disappeared.

Malkav

French Madman
I believe it does, but I'm pretty sure I had disabled everything at one point with no affect. It's possible I missed this one, though.

Like I mentioned above, I'm pretty sure I disabled everything when I was trying to figure out WTF is going on. Also, I have a 165Hz monitor so I'm running the framerate unbound.

Without Adrenaline installed, the game is running much better, but I'm still getting this annoying "hitching". As if the game is buffering in something at points. This is something I never noticed with my previous GTX 1660 Ti. After searching around, I found this post:

Trying this, the game is BUTTER smooth now. Although I did once get some weird artifacting in Orr zones, but later mysteriously disappeared.
Did you enable dx11 rendering in game? Before they added that I used d912y but after they did and I enabled it GW2 finally gave a smooth experience.

It's just the original dx9 rendering that is horrible in this game.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Did you enable dx11 rendering in game? Before they added that I used d912y but after they did and I enabled it GW2 finally gave a smooth experience.

It's just the original dx9 rendering that is horrible in this game.
Yeah, DX11 is on. Without the Radeon "Adrenaline" software installed the game is reasonably smooth, although there is an occasional stutter that's annoying. There's this Vulkan patch thing similar to d912y that actually makes the game silky smooth, but occasionally causes massive visual artifacts. I had to disable it unfortunately.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
For anyone interested, the Steam release is finally happening next week, on August 23rd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The last time I played GW2 was probably 2013-ish. Really enjoyed it but it felt like it lacked the character (more specifically, gear) depth I was used to with other popular MMOs and I eventually let it go.

I know there have been at least a couple of major expansions since then. I'm so desperate for some MMO time that I'm toying with the idea of picking this back up again, although I guess my old accounts are probably gone now.