Guild Wars 2

Kasted_sl

shitlord
I've always loved the GW2 april fools patches. This one is great for just being a little asura and running around in circles with the volume cranked up.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
This April's Fool was... weird. Makes the game quite annoying to play after a while, but hell, the first few minutes were quite funny
smile.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yea, connected, did the barest minimum for getting the daily achieve, then disconnected.

Then again, most days, I do that as well.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Agree it was fun for a but but made me stop playing pretty quick since one of my favorite parts of playing is the beautiful environments and I felt like I was missing out due to the sepia tone

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I keep post-processing off because ReShade + mods is vastly superior to the stupid Off/Barely Noticeable/BLOOM_SET_TO_9000 that the in-game settings make you choose from, so I didn't even notice the sepia stuff. Airplane animation/sounds got extremely annoying after about 5 minutes though.

Pretty disappointed that SAB didn't make a return this year. I wanted to see it since I wasn't playing the game in 2013.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess you can turn the sepia off with ctrl + shift + h

I'm using sweet fx what mods or settings are you using vorph?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
April Fool's things like that are cute...if you can turn them off and on at will.

Wasn't that April Fool's day in EQ the same thing, with stick figures? You couldn't fix it unless you copied over model files and started with eqgame instead of the patcher if I recall. Kinda dumb.

I just reinstalled this game a couple of days ago for the first time in a year and a half and I was finally gonna play it today but it's too annoying.

biggrin.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guess you can turn the sepia off with ctrl + shift + h

I'm using sweet fx what mods or settings are you using vorph?
I just switched to using ReShade with MasterEffect instead of GEMFX.

Basicallythiswith some customization because people always oversaturate colors with these mods.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My Girlfriend wanted to get into MMO type of games, so we got GW2 last time it was cheap. It's still a beautiful game, with borderline interesting combat in the open world. I've been mostly just exploring and trying to solo open-world group content on my ranger. I just started playing in some dungeons solo, too, because I have no interest in random groups, and the game just doesn't feel permanent enough to guild up.

Not sure what my point is, but that I really just wish GW2 were single player open world, with limited co-op dungeons and events, online PvP, and/or they added solo versions of everything. Which, considering it's at least kinda a MMO, makes me feel a bit dumb. The game just is NOT fun running around and boom there's a zerg mowing everything down, including giant dragons and events that take little more coordination than spamming number 1 attack.

April Fools stuff was awesome, especially the whiners.

Do people playing long term just play very part time, or just using it as a free chat room to hang out with friends? I'm only at 40% map completion so exploring and trying to solo stuff keeps me going, but long term investment seems nil unless I'm just missing something.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They had regular updates for the first year and a half. Doing some of that mixed with group content and map completion/alts/pvp could keep people busy for a while.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do people playing long term just play very part time, or just using it as a free chat room to hang out with friends? I'm only at 40% map completion so exploring and trying to solo stuff keeps me going, but long term investment seems nil unless I'm just missing something.
Been playing again off and on since the beginning of the year. Guild is mia so mostly solo pve and WvW. Not sure why I'm still logging in, but I think it might be because it's so mindlessly easy and beautiful at the same time (especially on a beast rig). Also, there hasn't been a new MMO out for a while and the only thing coming up seems to be GW2's expansion. So for now, GW2 scratches the itch without making me pay for dinner.

There really isn't anything long term that is necessary once you have exotics at level 80. As someone said before, GW2 is in many ways is just a fashion show. Ascended gear is decent, but quite a bit of work (except for some of the jewelry) and not necessary at all. GW2 just isn't like other mmo's with the constant gear grind. Which is frustrating at first if that's what you are use to. There are things to work for but for the most part they are cosmetic.

My biggest disappointment with the game is with WvW, and is the reason I stopped playing a few months after launch. I don't mind the PvE being mindless, but was hoping that WvW would be more than what it is now, an endless zerg over meaningless objectives. It is still fun in small doses, but the lack of long term goals in WvW is a real problem with the game. Maybe the expansion can fix some of those issues, but I doubt it. Their design focus seems to be totally on the casual.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah, my guild is MIA as well. Like not a single person but one PvPer logging in for over a year, hah. I made it to 40 on two characters before getting discouraged that it wasn't like a typical MMO as everyone just soloed and chatted. It's almost more fun without knowing a soul as there's no expectations at that point.

Caliane

really not impressed with stronghold.

while early talks, sounded more like a moba.

nah. its worse its a fucking 5 man Alterac Valley, run past the other team and dps down the lord first.
like, imagine if Alterac Valley in wow was just to the first lord. Belinda vs Galavanger.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
My Girlfriend wanted to get into MMO type of games, so we got GW2 last time it was cheap. It's still a beautiful game, with borderline interesting combat in the open world. I've been mostly just exploring and trying to solo open-world group content on my ranger. I just started playing in some dungeons solo, too, because I have no interest in random groups, and the game just doesn't feel permanent enough to guild up.

Not sure what my point is, but that I really just wish GW2 were single player open world, with limited co-op dungeons and events, online PvP, and/or they added solo versions of everything. Which, considering it's at least kinda a MMO, makes me feel a bit dumb. The game just is NOT fun running around and boom there's a zerg mowing everything down, including giant dragons and events that take little more coordination than spamming number 1 attack.

April Fools stuff was awesome, especially the whiners.

I'm not very active, even if I login almost on a daily basis, my playing sessions are quite short, but I'm part of a guild that is quite populated and does regular guild events: guild rush, puzzles, bounties, they organize daily fractal or dungeon runs, they do a lot of sPvP or WvW, etc.
We usually have 20 to 40 people online depending on day/hour for guild events.
I play GW2 because in solo it's one of the best games for exploration and it can be *very* challenging. There are areas in Orr and in several other places that are just deadly when tackled alone. Dry top by itself must hold the record for deaths caused by falling damage and even the mobs there are not too friendly.

They are soon changing the personal story to let people go into Arah for the last step by themselves, which makes me think that they may change all dungeon storymodes in the same way, sooner or later. I'd support that for storymodes.

I play all classes (you don't say!) and the playingstyle is very different from one to another so it adds to longevity. I'd prefer tanks and healers, but in the end the game is fun as it is, in a different way. Also b2p. Can't beat that, worth every single cent they got from me (I bought gems a couple times in the past).
Best class? Ahhh... I like them all.

Caliane

No actual number. but they are already betaing it, and did the stronghold teaser. Sooner then later definitely seems like the answer. I'd think July or so.