Guild Wars 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm not going to pretend like I know the definite outcome, but a lot of this looks like musical chairs, especially the skill acquisition changes. Individual skills seem to be stronger on average.

Pre-purchase for 50$, expansion will be digital only, no release date ? Come on Anet. We have seen 1 zone that wasn't even finished, limited betas, no idea about the size of the expansion. I was hyped when they announced it, but the price tag and the info they released so far took a lot of wind out of those sails. Unless they can convince me otherwise, I'll wait for the release or even sale before picking it up.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can sort of see the price as they don't have a sub but I was expecting like 40 for the intro one. It would really depend how big the expansion zones are I guess or they should throw in some in game fun bucks/character slot for the base one if you already have a copy of the game. 50 bucks would be fine for the combo intro game and expansion but really current owners should get at least some discount off that.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I'm waiting to see how much conditions break the game next week. I feel that it's completely stupid that they're moving to the conditions direction for combat, since the cleanses for some classes, roaming/smaller havok, is not balanced to zerg cleansing which guardians for the most part are responsible for breaking. Also ascended is getting an extra 5% stat boost from the stats re-allocation from trait lines to gear, so now it will be 10% more stats than exotics, start your grinds.

$40 for expansion plus 1 free character slot should have been a package available to current players.
$50 for expansion and base game should have been for new players.
$75 is junk.
$99 package basically you're paying 49 for the game and expansion another 50 for 4000 gems and the junk is the throw in.

They just sold the game on promotions of $10 and now they want to resell the base package again to them?
I still don't see this expansion being as big as a wow one as yet, so I don't even know if it's even worth the $40 price tag.

Anet really has no clue how to treat their veteran players.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Conditions how they were never worked right one or two guys with conditions in a huge group of people could cap them on nearly everybody. Combined with weird overwriting issues where you wound up having better stuff pushed off by gimp random conditions people apply by accident just weird. It will be interesting to see how they manage to balance it out but it should be doable. It will be interesting to see how condition remover stuff works with the new stacking.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
They stated that 1 condi remover remove all the stacks of the same condition. Removing condition will be more logic also. It won't be as random as it was. They explain it in the ready up on the GW2 twitch channel.

As for the price I will probably get the 99$ version. The gems they give is about 500 golds and you can make lots of money from that. I would also like another character slot since I used all mine as a birthday booster farm. =)

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I wish there was an update on how classes are now.

It's there a good site to see all the stuff in front of you like a builder tool? Also ascended classes?

I just started playing this game again less than a week ago.

Talent calculator for the new patch.

Endgame is still weak but it's kinda fun to dick around in. Hard group content is supposedly coming with the expansion. TTK in pvp is super low for my tastes but I just got done playing darkfall (lmao) again 2 months ago, but that's really on the other edge of the spectrum.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Next week everyone will be playing around with builds. It will be a good time to experiment. I expect a tons of condi user since Dire gear price spiked up this week.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Condition removers have always removed the entire stack, to make up for that they ignore toughness and protection boon (meanwhile most condition specs have a ton of toughness making it harder on direct damage users, toughness is always on, conditions cleanses are not even balanced to all classes). My problem with conditions is when condition bombing happens (pirate ship meta about to get even more interesting/annoying?), especially when immobilize is involved. They stick immobilize on you and then throw on another 5-6 conditions on you (engineers the anet pet class at the moment is the master of this), the game doesn't clear the first one on you, it clears from the last condition thrown on you back to the first one which I find idiotic. They've only mentioned that the boon or condition transfer skills will now randomly select them rather than being the last one on.

There is suppose to be a new boon called resistance coming that is suppose to help with conditions, don't know if it's with this patch or the expansion, it better be this patch cause conditions are about to get out of hand.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I mainly play warrior in WvW. Warr just got a hell better at dealing with condition. Our mobility just got buffed to another level with the new warrior sprint and the change to chill/cripple etc VS movement skill.

I expect an increase in the amount of shout/soldier runes warriors. The just added that adrenal healing is now a shout. It can be affected by vigorous shout trait. -20% cooldwon and 1.5 to 2k aoe heal. It also AoE clear a condition if you use soldier runes... It also fill your adrenaline so you get regen from adrenal health.

I'm excited for next week but i'm also a bit scared. I hope it fix the pirate ship meta.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I've been maining a warrior for the past 3 weeks since I transferred my alt account down to Ehmry bay from JQ, after playing necro and mesmer mains the last 3 years. Conditions melt off warriors for the most part, dogged march, -40% food, warhorn conversions, hoelbrek runes, cleansing ire, I still get bombed to death by conditions every once in a while if there's enough people on me using them. Warrior sprint buffed movement abilities, but movement is also getting nerfed with swiftness no longer affecting movement abilities too.

I haven't switched to shouts, been using stances for vigor, immune, and stabos for safe stomps, but I have a feeling I will have to after patch with the fear of the sheer number of people that will be converting to condition specs. Resistance buff is coming this patch too at least, but on what skills. This patch is half breaking my build. le sigh.

Pirate ship meta will not be fixed, because stabos a big part of that becoming popular is not being changed, so if anything pirate ship is being upgraded come patch, ratwells are also becoming more annoyingly popular.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Whats the pirate ship meta?
Basically running an all ranged group and pew pewing from max spell distance.

They made changes to stabilization skills so that they are on stacks for short durations unlike the previous version which lasted for a certain amount of time regardless of how many times you got hit with a cc. So something like guardian "Stand your ground" will give you 5 stacks for 5secs, or warrior elite "Rampage" 3 stacks for 3secs refresh every 3 secs to 20secs.

Coupled with thief venom sharing skills (which share chill immob poison stoneform to everything around them even damn gates), can make the next aoe deadly to a group. They usually share it on wells(ratwells) now since that hits on quick pulses, so every pulse you're getting hit with the chill or poison or immob or stoneform or hell all 4 if the thief is running 4 venom skills. Also works well with ranger longbow skills, ele icebow, anything that hits multiple times quickly. So basically the new stunlock for groups.
An exampleGuild Wars 2: How to 5v30 - YouTube