Guild Wars 2

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They are big time savers, but not actually cost effective in terms of copper/use. you'd need to harvest like a million times to make one cost effective. Although could argue time/bagspace savings in there too.
The only one that can be arguably "better" is the one that digs sprockets as well as ore. There's no other tools that allow you to get those.

It's not something major, but still.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I agree with Mist. The copper salvager is a must. The silver one is not so much.
Yea. When salvaging, you're either salvaging for materials (in which case the copper is good) or for augs (in which case the silver is not enough).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
unlimited tools have been around for a long time. no sales, or bundles. I wouldn't expect that to ever happen.
not even a "trade your old ugly one, for a cooler one" or anything.

They are big time savers, but not actually cost effective in terms of copper/use. you'd need to harvest like a million times to make one cost effective. Although could argue time/bagspace savings in there too.
Yeah time saver and peace of mind, I hate having to worry/check on my tools as I play. I just want to chop/pick/gather as I kill shit.

Caliane

yeah, don't get me wrong. totally have a set...

Although I purchased too early. bone pick you suck! ugly AND not the op watchwork pick.
Which as noted. Nearly every other infinite use tool is identical. Except the watchwork pick, with gives watchwork sprockets. these are most needed for the spinal blade back piece item. something like 2s per sprocket. that pick is clearly much better then the rest...Watchwork Sprocket - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)oh 3s45c atm.

there is minor variance with a few of them. very minor. you can animation cancel a few, shaving a couple tenths of a second off the last collection animation on some. but not all...

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Get to 80, get full rares, then work on exotics. After that (and during the leveling process) the world is yours to explore and do shit. Salvage EVERYTHING and deposit it into your bank via the cog symbol on your bags. Crafting is a huge source of XP, and will net you 10 levels every craft you take to 400.

Level 80 - What now?

Caliane

Skip rares. just buy Exotics off the TP. costs on them are lower then karma, dungeon, etc...

Make a mystic salvage kit.
Mystic Salvage Kit - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)
Use this on rares and above.
use a common salvage on whites/greens/blues.

Specifically, salvage all cloth. Salvage all rares/exotics, after checking TP to see if they would sell for more. With exotics, check for valuable sigils/runes. sigil of force, etc. check for salvageable insignia (the ones you can't craft.) black lion kit any that have salvage mats worth more then the exotic itself.
Vendor whites/greens/blues of medium/heavy.

Do not horde things in your back. thats terrible advice. sell everything. get a working supply of gold, start working the TP. hording mats in your bank only is useful when the price of things are going up. they almost never are. They only rise at points of speculation. (admittedly, right now..)

Farm AP. spvp, jumping puzzles, exploring, fractals, Dungeons(must do all dungeon paths once to start farming. make a chart.) Silverwastes.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Any tips for someone getting back into GW2 after not playing since Dec 2013?
Each of your character will have a mail with a account bound consumable Birthday boosters. You get one for each birthday of your characters. Don't waste them. You should log off and not go AFK with the character using it. It's a 24 hours buff.

100% boost to magic find, WvW rank gain, experience from kills, and gold from kills. 10% bonus to reward track progress

Celebration Bonus - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Drop rate quality increase a lot While you use it. I usually get 1-2 ascended items and even got a precursor once while under that buff. (Item you use to craft legendary)

Low to mid tier crafting component are worth quite a lot. Sell it at the AH if you do not plan on using it. Try to not go crazy on buying spree. The price will probably go up on everything tonight.

I expect the server to be hectic tonight.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
May jump back in on this game. Have nothing else to play at the moment. How are the classes looking now a days? What aresime of the stronger classes in PvP?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
100% boost to magic find, WvW rank gain, experience from kills, and gold from kills. 10% bonus to reward track progress

Drop rate quality increase a lot While you use it. I usually get 1-2 ascended items and even got a precursor once while under that buff. (Item you use to craft legendary)
You're just lucky with rng, can get up to around 450% magic find in silverwastes and barely get rares to drop.

And yes every class is changing today, all the meta builds will pretty much be broken, have to give it another week or two for theory crafting and play testing on the strong builds to see where classes sit. A couple classes made out with some good changes, like mesmers, and some not so much, like necromancers. Conditions are changing so expect to see a lot of those builds.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
May jump back in on this game. Have nothing else to play at the moment. How are the classes looking now a days? What aresime of the stronger classes in PvP?
Can't say TBH. People claiming Engi,mesmer going top tier, necro complaining about nerf and the rest getting a some buff. All of this are suppositions... No one will know the real state of the meta for a few time. you need to keep in mind that all of this will lead to the expansion with specialization.

I can't wait to see the new Lion Arch.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm re-downloading now to check this out. Necro's got nerfed? I loved the necro class.
frown.png

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Yeah people complain on forums about necro getting nerfed but I saw some necro streaming wrecking other good players in duel.

I have no idea when patch will hit.