Guild Wars 2

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yep, I believe that patch drops on Monday.

Edit: or, at least, I think the Orr changes are coming on the Monday patch, but maybe I'm misremembering that.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Maybe I'm strange but i like that the current Orr requires you to be careful when you cross the zones alone and greatly encourages to go as a duo instead. Its certainly better then blindly rushing from ori mine to ori mine with no regard to the world around around you, then they might as well put those down in LA instead to spare me the loading times.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The problem with Orr isn't the difficulty and Mob density or events. It's the stupid ass DR. Players go where the loot, money and karma is. Orr isn't the best for anything except maybe the Grenth event. If they want Orr to stop being a ghost town then they need to make it worth it.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Patch is up.

Nothing really unexpected that I noticed other than some legendary weapons getting some visual improvements (which is great), some class tooltip revamps/balances, and uncommon/rare loot will now appear in a "chest" rather than in a small loot bag or off a corpse (which I also like). Really surprised at the dungeon changes as I thought they were all going to be nerfed to shit but surprisingly they seem mostly untouched. There is also some type of reskinning thing they added which I think allows sPvP players to use their reward skins on PvE gear?

Lots and lots of bug/exploit fixes which is always good. including many to WvW. Have to play the game and fool around for a while to see what was fixed and what wasn't though.

Not really sure what these Orr changes are and will have to fool around with the zone again to see first hand. Just seems like some minor changes/nerfs and added music to some of the events, some depopulated risen areas, and the locked WP's. Didn't see anything about rewards and DR which like Abe said, is a large part of the problem. Some new merchants too.

The Rich Ori Vein got removed and replaced with a regular which seems to be their answer to exploiting through guesting and all the farming people have been doing by leaving 5+ lvl 1 alts there with black picks and walking away with 250+ Ori a day.

It feels like a step in the right direction, but the majority of the content patch really is a shit ton of bug fixes which they could have rolled out some time ago. Still good and needed.

Edit: Have to test the culling out in WvW, but in PvE when I zoned into LA everything poped up immediately, which was shocking and a really pleasant surprise.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Lots of polish, but the only thing that could make me log in are probably the daily achievements.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well Orr mobs seem to be shitting out T6 mats which is nice. Did the wizard event and got ALL GREENS!..... Nerfed the zone pretty hard with mob density which makes it super easy to walk around.

The karma boxes you can buy in Orr now give some pretty nice rewards.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I went to check out Orr, but there are these stupid statue things all over the place. I only saw two, but 1 kept me poisoned permanently, and the other prevented out of combat healing and halved my healing. Was this supposed to be 'fun' ?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
What are the rewards for the karma boxes?
Various karma reward jugs and merchant trash (200 I think = 1 gold) seems to be the common.
Obsidian Shard and random lodestones (including worthless essences) seem to be the uncommon-rare
A yellow named mini pet (Risen Priest of Balthazar - Account Bound) and 4 different permanent elemental tonics (warm for fire, cold for ice, ect) seem to be the rares-really rare.

As for Orr, did a bunch of temple events with the zerg today to see if the rewards changed and got all blues. With the exception of many mobs that are missing and some random statues that I'm pretty sure weren't there before the update that are now just randomly there to annoy you, Orr seems the same.

Tral_sl

shitlord
Culling changes seem to be reasonably effective. Still got some mystery targets but in general it seemed like I saw a lot more people and from further away.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
30 daily laurels for ascended gear, you can't even rush it on multiple characters...

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah 1 laurel for one daily is retarded. If you only do the PVE Daily and Monthly, that's 40 Laurels per month or so. It would take 3 months to get the two rings and amulet and that's if you don't miss anything.

Then the two laurel equipment box is level 70-80 gear. Not even guaranteed level 80 stuff. Each daily achievement should be a laurel.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They've said the laurels are only for dailies/monthlies initially. Eventually other achievements will be added that reward them, as well as some of the older ones rewarding them retroactively.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The whole update is incomplete though. The dailies are going to turn into an option type system, but right now there isn't an option yet. Laurels are achievement rewards but they are only on dailies right now. It's kind of silly.

I guess it's good to release content as it's finished, but the systems are fully integrated yet. I guess you can earn some extra laurels in the mean time.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The daily achievements cycle already though, I saw: kill 25 mobs underwater, craft 10 items, ress 10 people so far.

Does the January monthly give laurels already ? If yes, I'm pretty happy I waited with finishing it, but there's going to be a lot of bitching.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The dailies do cycle, but I believe they are going to make it so you only have to do 4 our of 6 or something like that. They want to give you choices rather than 100% laundry lists.

Kasted_sl

shitlord
I think the amounts of laurels for the necklaces are fine. And for the rings, you can still do the fractal daily and get a ring every 10 days.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dailies and instanced dungeon grinds.... so far from what we were promised. I'll log in to this game again when it actually doesn't copy WoW. For now, GW1 is better.