Guild Wars 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Harpies are the bane of my existence, they really destroy my ele due to their aggro range. Most times I die before I get even close to them. One even shot me in the ass when I was gliding way up in the air and I fell to my death.

I'm going to go on a Harpy purge this weekend.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Harpies are the bane of my existence, they really destroy my ele due to their aggro range. Most times I die before I get even close to them. One even shot me in the ass when I was gliding way up in the air and I fell to my death.

LOL, yeah harpies are a pain in the ass, their aggro range is large. Often also end up having issue with respawn, by the time I manage to kill all those that aggro on me, they start respawning in an endless cycle.

Some of the Branded give me issues too, mostly when in group because they can stack vulnerability so fast, that even before you can remove them you have 10 stack or more and taking tons of damage.

I still haven't found a build I am 100% satisfied with for my Holosmith, but I know I need better condition clearing. It's about the only problem I have right now. I can destroy everything with ease, but a few mobs that stacks tons of conditions give me trouble sometimes, even if getting out of the forge is removing them all and that's on fairly short cooldown, but it's not enough for some stuff.

Other than this specific issue, I'm loving the Holosmith, I like the heat management on it, it's a fun mechanic I think.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dusted off all my 80s and tested them on HoT content, which I was previously doing with my thief. I got annoyed (or bored) by most of them,warrior included (which I didn't expect), because... reasons. I found Necromancer quite acceptable, but the new elite spec isn't very appealing and I also found the ranger very good, with a question mark about the new elite spec, which on paper sounds very nice.

I'll do some more HoT crap before buying the new xpack, to see if this game can still lure me in, but with the right class, it's certainly more fun.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

That's why I stick to my thief, anytime a situation gets hairy, I can just peace out, but the PoF versions with the PBAoE are still a pain. Certain mobs seem to have double or tripple aggro range, most noticeable is the forged sharpshooter.

Finally got around to finishing the story. It might feel rather abrupt, but it's much better than how the story in vanilla was padded out, every mission is unique and generally flows pretty well. Finally we get a proper final battle instead of bashing a roided out Kermit the frog and the epilogue was a beautiful touch that wrapped the story with a neat bow.

I almost wonder if there wasn't something cut in the process, since some of the story beats seem to come out rather unexpectedly, especially getting the Sorothin at the end. I understand it gave them a lot more room while designing the final fight, but it still felt a bit sudden. The designers still have the weird habit of making your attacks feel like a wet tissue in boss battles, I thought the CD reduction mechanic was there to give you something that's actually powerful, but no, the ultimates were still shitty and you could get stunned while channeling.

I also liked that the cast was reduced to so few people, makes it much easier to focus and there was nobody being retarded/angsty for the sake of the plot. The one who fucked up, the one who gets hit by story developments and the no nonses oneliner dispenser. It also highlighted how good the player character works when you are there just to tip the scales of bigger forces, you aren't all powerful god slaying machine because if it wasn't for you taking one of the biggest armies of Elona, because by chance you found out Joko wasn't leading his forces for a while. And the ending gives you a clear idea of the bigger threat, but you saved the world for now.

Hekotat

I dusted off all my 80s and tested them on HoT content, which I was previously doing with my thief. I got annoyed (or bored) by most of them,warrior included (which I didn't expect), because... reasons. I found Necromancer quite acceptable, but the new elite spec isn't very appealing and I also found the ranger very good, with a question mark about the new elite spec, which on paper sounds very nice.

I'll do some more HoT crap before buying the new xpack, to see if this game can still lure me in, but with the right class, it's certainly more fun.

HoT turned a lot of people off, PoF is leaps and bounds better thus far with the mounts alone.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HoT turned a lot of people off, PoF is leaps and bounds better thus far with the mounts alone.

My main complaint with HoT was the destruction it did to WvW. I didn't mind the PvE and kind of liked the vertical zones. Loved the gliding.

But I spend most of my time in WvW and HoT killed it. Took a long time for ANET to fix that. To ANET's credit WvW is much better now, but HoT lost a lot of WvW players that never came back.

So far I like PoF, but it may be a bit shallow, PvE wise. I'm not a fan of the bounties and so far there doesn't seem to be much to do after the Griffon. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have screwed over WvW.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm

and taking those mounts back to HoT makes everything a whole hell of alot better in those ass zones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
and taking those mounts back to HoT makes everything a whole hell of alot better in those ass zones.
Yeah, I can actually navigate around Tangled Depths now. Dragon's Stand is kinda broken with mounts, they had to slap invisible walls everywhere.

I 100% the maps and working on griffon and some fucking around with alts and new specs, I like how swiftly you can get the HPs now, they even fixed the progression where you get all the basic traits first so you aren't so gimped with only half the spec unlocked. I kinda dig both Firebrand and Weaver. Bounties are shitty champion trains and for achievement whoring, but the unIDed gear seems to be ridiculously overpriced on AH, you can make it rain if you chain some easy events or exploration. +70 gold in 2 days ain't bad, Flax farm all the way.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That's more than what I have in total :D
I was also selling some crafting stuff I had lying around, gw2efficiency is great for realizing how much money you are actually sitting on, but it's still something you have to focus on, right now I'm rotating 4-5 characters through all 3 HoT flax fields on top of whatever money I scrounge while playing PoF. I think I have like 20 lumps of mithrilium, just buy the rest of the ores and sell the deldrimor ingots for easy money.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finished the story up to Elon Riverlands, and got 100% on first 3 maps, still have 2 mastery points to finish that requires collecting stuff rather just commune.

I'm about 50% completion in The Desolation, man this map is big, pretty densely populated making slightly harder to navigate, but still pretty fun.

Tonight I'll be making ascended gloves, leaving only the helm to do to be in full ascended...well if I go back to dual pistols that is since I don't have an ascended shield and sword. I'm missing 4 pieces for the ascended lightsaber collection for holosmith. I will need to level weaponsmith to 500 I guess to make a shield.

More than any maps so far, The Desolation makes me wish we could switch mount instantly as the zones requires constant changing of mount. It would be much smoother experience if you could be on your raptor, and hit the skimmer key and switch instantly rather then having to dismount the raptor and then mount the skimmer. Not game breaking, but it would be a nice quality of life feature.

Hekotat

I've died so many times to people training mobs over the top of me, I'm unsure if it's on purpose or not but it's frustrating.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've died so many times to people training mobs over the top of me, I'm unsure if it's on purpose or not but it's frustrating.

Aggro is definitely a little different in the new zones, shit aggros from much farther away and seems to follow you alot longer. I would assume that is part of your woes, along with people just running through with mounts. I am sure there are dickish players in GW2 but for the most part people are pretty chill and go out of their way to avoid that stuff or at least stop and help if they do it.

Also, I think the most outrageous thing about this expansion is that so many of us are playing it and there is no forum guild yet? How is that possible?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Also, I think the most outrageous thing about this expansion is that so many of us are playing it and there is no forum guild yet? How is that possible?

There's not that many of us, I think it's only like 4-5 people playing it.

Hekotat

I switched from Sword/Dagger to Dagger/Dagger on the weaver and went with a condi/toughness build. I'm slaying harpies like crazy and the spells seem more cohesive with much more survivability.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Aggro is definitely a little different in the new zones, shit aggros from much farther away and seems to follow you alot longer. I would assume that is part of your woes, along with people just running through with mounts. I am sure there are dickish players in GW2 but for the most part people are pretty chill and go out of their way to avoid that stuff or at least stop and help if they do it.

There used to be one at launch, but for me as a dirty EU it was pretty difficult.

Still the guild system in the game makes alt guilds pretty easy.

Hekotat

Are you guys using that reshade specific for GW2? It made the game look even better than before. I recommend giving it a look if you haven't yet.

You guys can add me. I'm always down to do something since I'm running around solo most the time.

Hekotat.2497

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Are you guys using that reshade specific for GW2? It made the game look even better than before. I recommend giving it a look if you haven't yet.

You guys can add me. I'm always down to do something since I'm running around solo most the time.

Hekotat.2497

I'm Valderen.1843, I'm also running solo most of the time. So if someone needs help or something you can look me up, I'll help if I can.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

Hekotat.2497
TBH PoF has been running like an ass from time to time. The texture/model streaming seems to fall apart randomly where it puts into an area where you can't see half the geometry and it slowly trickles in over the next minute or so, which is pretty annoying when you are chasing events or bounties, but that might be remedied by SSD, even though there's no way I can fit the game on mine. Some places like Temple of Kormir or Amnoon have framerate issues too.

Anyone knows what's the deal with the NPC in menagerie in Vabbi ? I have a few random rare items that point me to him, but there's nothing to talk about besides a drunk norn in one of the cages.

Hekotat

can't help you there, I'm still in the second zone fucking around so I don't even know what you're referring to. I'm really loving the Dwarven abandoned city.