Guild Wars 2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really only skimmed the notes since I've only just started playing again, but aside from some pvp adjustments, that looks like small buffs for everyone

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lol just started playing an Ele, I love ride the lightning. (both the skill and the album) Nerfing fun skills like that takes the fun out of MMO's, I love my movement skills.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Nerfing fun skills like that takes the fun out of MMO's, I love my movement skills.
Yea, I always hated the nerf to fun items with no real gain aside from cosmetic. Like the EQ Dark Elf mask, or a WoW item that turned you into a random race.

Yoke_sl

shitlord
How is anything done to Ele with this patch a buff? They nerfed some of the the most 'fun' part of the class. Instead of just nerfing some OP elements(Cds on some boons, increase attunement swap CDs very very slightly in pvp etc)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like they buffed alot of the worthless shit to hopefully give the class more options. You still get the same cooldown as long as you hit a target and I never used swirling winds since I'm a d/d ele.

I'm not saying it didn't hurt the class and I won't be able to find out til Saturday. Has anyone played since the nerf?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Swirling Winds was instrumental in stopping siege projectiles but outside of that, rather useless.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Looks like they buffed alot of the worthless shit to hopefully give the class more options. You still get the same cooldown as long as you hit a target and I never used swirling winds since I'm a d/d ele.

I'm not saying it didn't hurt the class and I won't be able to find out til Saturday. Has anyone played since the nerf?
The problem with the RTL nerf is that it's just a QoL nerf, you can still use it to get into a fight, then out of a fight, but using it for casual travel sucks.

The big nerf is the Mist Form change (to which I personally take great offense!) The class really needed the ability to heal in Me Form to compensate for the fact that we have the lowest health plus lowest armor of every class.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Is anyone playing this for the PVE aspect anywhere? Perhaps with a casual guild? I was always semi interested in it since I don't just care about more gooder stats but PVE was of course the opposite of PRX's goal. Debating firing it up again but my interest in zerg based WvW is pretty much gone at this point. Maybe it will come back later but I'm doubting it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is anyone playing this for the PVE aspect anywhere? Perhaps with a casual guild? I was always semi interested in it since I don't just care about more gooder stats but PVE was of course the opposite of PRX's goal. Debating firing it up again but my interest in zerg based WvW is pretty much gone at this point. Maybe it will come back later but I'm doubting it.
Fort Aspenwood has a very good pve population. There are also some very good WvW commanders there also like Quenta if you want to do WvW once in awhile. The server also has no chance of moving from T2 to T1 if you are worried about queues.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I second what abefroman said. I have been on Fort Aspenwood since the second week of launch. I always see shouts for dungeons, as well as quite a few pvx guilds recruiting. For wvw, we seem to be pretty steady and locked for t2 now. The only time we seem to get queue is on wvw reset night.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
also use the gw2lfg website, you can get groups instantly cross server for dungeon runs. I do some SPVP but right now I'm concentrating on all of the world I have not seen, I'm still blown away by how incredible it is and don't understand why people don't like it. I have several friends that didn't even make it to level 10 and said it was boring compared to WoW which made me want to kill myself.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I really do enjoy the game. It's a nice no commitment needed casual mmo. However, having played this since launch, I am extremely burnt out. I played this game to death, even obtaining my legendary weapon. Now I find myself only logging on for wvw once or twice a week, and log on at daily reset, bang those out quick, then log off. I tried going back to wow to see what changed since I last played, and I found it extremely boring. After a few hours I logged off and removed the game from my comp.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Like you said its the perfect casual game. Casual includes not OCD'ing the daily even though you dont want to play. You arent getting over your burnout while still forcing yourself to play it for half an hour or more every day.

Buy or DL a single player game you might find interesting and play that for a week or two (Tomb Raider, Skyrim, FTL , Farcry 3 were all good for that in my case).