Guild Wars 2

bytes

Molten Core Raider
A bit late to do that l feel. As they say, they're turning the trait system into something a bit more like it was in the original Guild Wars (which is good) but at the same time just pissing everyone off who's playing the game since release. If I had all traits available to me before, then I just feel cheated if everythings taken away now. That's like walking up to an aspiring bodybuilder, breaking his arm and then complimenting him on his 'progress' as it heals back, when really he could've trained to become stronger all this time if only his arm wouldn't have been fucked with.

The (probably) abysmal droprates and the fact they're selling the traits in the gemstore is not really surprising, it's just like how they've stopped putting new gear/skins in the game - everything goes to the gemstore.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
A bit late to do that l feel. As they say, they're turning the trait system into something a bit more like it was in the original Guild Wars (which is good) but at the same time just pissing everyone off who's playing the game since release. If I had all traits available to me before, then I just feel cheated if everythings taken away now. That's like walking up to an aspiring bodybuilder, breaking his arm and then complimenting him on his 'progress' as it heals back, when really he could've trained to become stronger all this time if only his arm wouldn't have been fucked with.

The (probably) abysmal droprates and the fact they're selling the traits in the gemstore is not really surprising, it's just like how they've stopped putting new gear/skins in the game - everything goes to the gemstore.
They said in that post that currently-existing characters won't be losing their traits, so this new system will largely be for new characters. Although I imagine current characters will still need to go out and collect the new traits they're adding.

And since the option to buy traits is being done through in-game merchants, rather than the gem store, I would think that they'll be bought with in-game coin, rather than real money, although I'll admit they don't make that explicit.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Lots more info on the April changes. It looks like they're making as much stuff account-wide as they can (skins are account-wide, tints are account-wide, even Legendaries are account-wide now) and dropping casual coin costs (no respec cost, no repair cost).

In before pussyfication cries begin!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just wish they'd get away from a token system for dungeons, kills my desire to play.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
-You can now earn dungeon tokens from spvp through their new reward tracks in there, which will be rotated every two weeks like the living story. Extra tracks will be available based on dungeons, living story, so you can earn mats and items from them. Will make it easier to obtain legendaries and ascended just by spvping.

-Removing repair cost from the game, at the expense of cutting down coin rewards from champion chest.

-Account wide dyes, removing unindentified dyes from drops, you will get unindentified dye for any duplicate dyes you have on your characters.

-Account wide wxp, account wide gear and weapon skins in the new wardrobe system, which you can change through transmutation charges(you will get 3 charges for every stone you had).

-Account bound legendaries, ascended gear.

-40 new grandmaster traits which you earn through doing stuff in the game or buy for gold from vendor, revamping when you get traits tiers unlocked no longer 10 40 60, it's 30 60 80(thanks china). Refunding traits are free and can be done anytime out of combat.

-Runes and sigils getting updated, two handed weapons will be able to use 2 sigils, some on crit sigils changing to on hit instead.

List of the blogs...
Feature Packs | GuildWars2.com

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots more info on the April changes. It looks like they're making as much stuff account-wide as they can (skins are account-wide, tints are account-wide, even Legendaries are account-wide now) and dropping casual coin costs (no respec cost, no repair cost).

In before pussyfication cries begin!
These sound like welcome additions, especially for altaholics. And they really don't effect gameplay.

Gameplay that has always been pussy, except in one of the early betas. GW1 was entertaining for a much longer time.

So, you are in too late, the cries started before the game was released. And rightfully so.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just wish they'd get away from a token system for dungeons, kills my desire to play.
They did everything they could to drive people away, even rabid fans like I am (or I should say "was"). I asked for loot from bosses instead of tokens, ascended gear not tied to that shitty grindfest almost nobody enjoyed, trash not skippable in dungeons, champion trains being ridicolous just by sheer existance, some sort of meaningful player interactions in dungeons that is not only how many stacks of might and vulnerability a group can keep up reliably, more balanced classes in terms of group utility and we could go in details class by class, etc. etc.
Nothing was done in this direction, so I was gone looking for greener pastures.

Consider I played for over 1 year and have 5 chars to 80 (non-ascended, I'm not that insane), and others were on their way to cap before I said "fuck it" and stopped logging in.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone still playing this? The new megaservers(keeps maps full during events, pulling from all servers) thing is both good and bad but AWESOME for casuals like me, as I can login take down a world boss and move on. Good times.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Anyone still playing this? The new megaservers(keeps maps full during events, pulling from all servers) thing is both good and bad but AWESOME for casuals like me, as I can login take down a world boss and move on. Good times.
I started playing again recently with the introduction of megaservers and brought my girlfriend along since it was on sale and we were looking for another game to play together. It certainly has a lot of flaws, but it's super great for casual playing and after playing FFXIV since the relaunch it's nice to have an actual, big world to explore again.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I'm still playing but only for wvw and spvp, no pveing anymore so megaserver doesn't affect me. Good that it has filled up empty feeling zones able to do more events again, but enough bad things to go along that they should have given it more thought before implementation, seems like they don't give a shit anyways and just wanted all this stuff out for china release. Could have at least left cities alone.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I quit after Halloween because the living story temp content is the majority of stuff they put out (that and gem store clothes). I did check back for 2-3 weeks for the finale that wrecked LA two months ago but otherwise I'll stay away until they present plans for their content additions that actually grow the game instead of moving the same circus from zone to zone in a different color.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I quit after Halloween because the living story temp content is the majority of stuff they put out (that and gem store clothes). I did check back for 2-3 weeks for the finale that wrecked LA two months ago but otherwise I'll stay away until they present plans for their content additions that actually grow the game instead of moving the same circus from zone to zone in a different color.
I agree with you about how the Living Story stuff seems a bit shallow, or a distraction. Yet, this past "season" of their Living Story, if looked at in its entirety, wasn't that bad. Really depends on where they go with it, since it introduced a new Elder Dragon (kinda)...if the next Living Story is all about this new dragon, with a new area opened up, that would be great.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is anyone still playing this? I have an MMO-itch and I figure the totally free option is not bad place to try and scratch.

I bought this at launch and played for about 1 month. What is the current state of the game?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is anyone still playing this? I have an MMO-itch and I figure the totally free option is not bad place to try and scratch.

I bought this at launch and played for about 1 month. What is the current state of the game?
I played until I bought wildstar so going to focus on that for now, great game lots of stuff has changed. Check it out.