Gun control

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I suppose it's a decent opportunity to display responsibility. 900 is a pretty big number for a bunch of dudes walking around together with loaded weapons, especially for the capital. They should smoke some pot to stay loose.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Someone should do this but get a million people to flood the city, and then just start killing everything.
Can someone start a thread giving a description of the forum role-players, and their posting/trolling styles? General Antony is probably one of the best examples of an alt/troll/roleplayer account.

A list would be nice so we could pre-ignore shit posters.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I never understood what kind of man would get another man to plow his wife while he helplessly watched, tied up in the closet or something, but I'm willing to be General Anthony would be one of them

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I never understood what kind of man would get another man to plow his wife while he helplessly watched, tied up in the closet or something, but I'm willing to be General Anthony would be one of them
You fucking knee-benders.

First 3D printed gun debuted this week, Chuck Schumer immediately calls for them to be banned. The fucking politicians only seek to control, and you cravens are their willing victims.

#GodKillThemAll

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
You fucking knee-benders.

First 3D printed gun debuted this week, Chuck Schumer immediately calls for them to be banned. The fucking politicians only seek to control, and you cravens are their willing victims.

#GodKillThemAll
Preach it, bro.

Did you download the blueprints yet?

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Preach it, bro.

Did you download the blueprints yet?
Willing to bet Antony does not own a firearm, let alone know how to really use one.

The 3d printed gun is interesting. Maybe I'll give it a whirl when my printer comes in this summer.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Even if I was an early adopter on 3-D printers I'd be very wary of printing a gun. Guns used be somewhat unpredictable due to poor crafting. Fuck that noise. I don't see the printer company being liable for any harm, so I'm going to sit back and see how many people fail to paint by numbers and print a bad gun.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
The big thing with printed weapon parts is AR lowers, that being the part the ATF considers the "weapon" ie the only part you can't have shipped to your home/the part with the serial number. The fact that you can now fabricate your own "weapon" with open source Cad(or whatever) files and a 3D printer throws shit in the face of the gun regulation establishment. So you could print your own stripped lower and have the rest of the firearm shipped to your door without the ATF knowing shit about shit. I find it interesting. They'res a Vice documentary on the dude who pretty much started the whole printing gun part thing. He's recently printed a complete gun (not that it's worth a shit but the point remains) and he's now working on printed mags.

Plastics aint steel or aluminium and cant stand up to the heat/stress required for the fuction of an AR but it just so happens that the Lower is pretty much the only part that really doesnt have to deal with those factors (it really just holds parts and is what the ATF regulates). That being said the failures of most printed lowers is the...whatever ring that connects the stock to the lower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The big thing with printed weapon parts is AR lowers, that being the part the ATF considers the "weapon" ie the only part you can't have shipped to your home/the part with the serial number. The fact that you can now fabricate your own "weapon" with open source Cad(or whatever) files and a 3D printer throws shit in the face of the gun regulation establishment. So you could print your own stripped lower and have the rest of the firearm shipped to your door without the ATF knowing shit about shit. I find it interesting. They'res a Vice documentary on the dude who pretty much started the whole printing gun part thing. He's recently printed a complete gun (not that it's worth a shit but the point remains) and he's now working on printed mags.

Plastics aint steel or aluminium and cant stand up to the heat/stress required for the fuction of an AR but it just so happens that the Lower is pretty much the only part that really doesnt have to deal with those factors (it really just holds parts and is what the ATF regulates). That being said the failures of most printed lowers is the...whatever ring that connects the stock to the lower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA
I understand that this tech is do it yourself for dummies, download the plans and just 3D print,(3d printers are still expensive) but this never stopped anyone before with getting a billet of aluminum and crafting a lower with milling machines, right? Shit for the price of a 3D printer, im sure you can just commision some fabrication shop to mill you a few lowers. Fuck if youre that gung ho about this, just get yourself a 3 axis milling machine (its about the same price that of a good 3d printer) and go to town, but now with metal. You can even use the same cad data. And at the same time, you can make yourself a set of 20"s for your car.

I just dont understand the fascination with this 3D printing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What is to stop people from manufacturing AR-15 lowers and calling them paperweights and selling them online? The thing is clearly not a gun. You could probably even build a tube with a couple of mirrors in it that threads in and say it's a toy periscope or something.

ar-build-1.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygree...rol-violation/

On Thursday, Defense Distributed founder Cody Wilson received a letter from the State Department Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance demanding that he take down the online blueprints for the 3D-printable "Liberator" handgun that his group released Monday, along with nine other 3D-printable firearms components hosted on the group's website Defcad.org, while it reviews the files for compliance with export control laws for weapons known as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, or ITAR. By uploading the weapons files to the Internet and allowing them to be downloaded abroad, the letter implies Wilson's high-tech gun group may have violated those export controls.
Oh god I bet lawyers are foaming at the mouths to pursue this.