Gun control

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
When will the terrorists realize that crazy psycho American chicks will fuxk them way better than any Virgin ever would? Is this why we haven't been massively attacked in 12 years? Though to be fair after a week they'll be ready to martyr themselves.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

I know the first plastic 3D gun was already done. Here is the first metal one. So it begins, I suppose. I had no idea alloy printing was this far along. It's going to be exciting to see how this affects manufacturing over the next 30 years.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
"I'm From The Government And I'm Here To Inspect Your Guns"

http://michaelgraham.com/im-from-the...ect-your-guns/

Pic related
toilet-paper-constitution2.jpg

12 gauge shotgun would be best at close range newb. Spraying and praying at it's finest.
mythbusters proved a 12 gauge shotgun is less effective at close range than an axe.

their experiment involved a large circle that jaime and adam stood in while about 75 volunteer zombies approached them.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Can you link the episode? If not, do you recall the shell and/or type of shot they were using? Also, what range were they "shooting" at?

That premise doesn't seem reasonable to me. Do you believe that you can maintain an accurate swing of a6lbs axeto kill 75 zombies in 1 setting without completely gassing out?

Keep in mind boxers throw around 120+ punches, which are a mixture of jabs and power shots, per one 3 minute round with 12oz-16oz ounce gloves. And those men and women are extremely well conditioned athletes.

Yeah, I'll stick to my shotgun.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I think more of the point of the exercise was that shotguns really don't "spray" that much at close range, the grouping of the projectiles from the shell will be very tight at the distances in most of your typical home invasion type scenarios. So you need to be a somewhat accurate shot to effectively stop an assailant with a shotgun and you can't rely on "spray-and-pray."

Goatface

for most shotguns with buckshot generally the spread is 1inch per yard till about 20 yards or so depending on barrel/choke/ammo etc. birdshot is nearly the same but after 3-4 yards it starts to spread out more and more.

still at what i think would be normal range in a house, with buckshot would be looking at an effective 4inx4in pattern.

anyway, love MythBusters but that test was just silly (S14E11 Zombie Special) Adam was using a giant foam axe and was counting just touching them as a kill.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
for most shotguns with buckshot generally the spread is 1inch per yard till about 20 yards or so depending on barrel/choke/ammo etc. birdshot is nearly the same but after 3-4 yards it starts to spread out more and more.

still at what i think would be normal range in a house, with buckshot would be looking at an effective 4inx4in pattern.

anyway, love MythBusters but that test was just silly (S14E11 Zombie Special) Adam was using a giant foam axe and was counting just touching them as a kill.
I like Mythbusters, but the whole tapping them on the head with a giant foam axe was ridiculous. It would generally take more then 1 full force swing with a significantly heavier axe. It would also be a bitch to pull it out between swings.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Another huge advantage to the shotgun is being able to use intervening cover. The zombies are limited to melee attacks... any range allows you to be on the other side of a fence or barrier and still attack. That trumps the ax completely.

Also with a two handed ax, the trick is to follow through each swing; Keeping the ax moving the whole time while preserving as much momentum as possible. Stopping to pull out and swing again would be bad because the moment the ax gets stuck, you're fucked.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, that sounds retarded. What's better, the axe where Zombies can grab you and fuck you? Or the Shotgun you can sit on a roof and kill them with? Hmmmm.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Shotgun is a huge noise source and will draw more and more zombies to your location, eventually overwhelming you. It is the Kobayashi Maru of zombie survival problems.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think the problem is in taking a mythbusters "experiment" as proof of just about anything.

Although I did see them make a super-long barrel air gun and shoot a needle of pine straw into a palm tree once, and that was cool -- but you know what, I don't think that really counts as anything even approximating hurricane conditions.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I actually had to google pushbike. What is wrong with you crazy Brits? Speak American.
i assumed it was these things that the amish use.

amish-scooter-by-gamba-via-tumblr.jpg

so is it a regular bike then? Cause google images showed me stuff ranging from regular bikes to toddler's bikes (no pedals)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
SheJack is just a fucking treasure.Congresswoman Calls On Houston Community To Address Gun Violence

From the article:
"And talking about gun violence also means talking about gun laws. Earlier this year, Jackson Lee introduced two bills dealing with gun safety. H.R. 65 would raise the age of handgun eligibility to 21 and increase penalties for possession of handguns by minors. And H.R. 2665 addresses the requirement of firearms dealers to provide storage devices."

Err ... I had to check the date and this article was from yesterday. But isn't the age to buy a handgun already 21? And aren't dealers already required to provide child locks with guns? Someone tell me what I'm missing. Did she just propose new gun control laws while clearly not knowing what the current laws are? Or are all the dealers in my area just doing those things voluntarily? I've heard 2 or 3 news reports about her little speech, and so far the details of her laws have sounded exactly like (what I thought was) current law, and no one has mentioned it.

Goatface

But isn't the age to buy a handgun already 21? And aren't dealers already required to provide child locks with guns?
21 to buy from ffl dealer, 18 private sale in many states
she probably wants to get to the law where handguns must be stored in a locked box and that would be just one of the stepping stones