Gun control

Ben_sl

shitlord
Yes, in case you missed it my post was super sarcastic.
I know, I couldn't resist mate, I was being rather sarcastic myself.
You know all these pansies going around saying we don't need guns because we have the police. If a crime is about to be committed a cop is going to jump out the bushes and make the "bad man go away". There are people who actuallybelievethis!
Why didn't that cop hiding in the closet jump out and arrest Lanza right before he shot his mommy in the face? oh that's right it was the guns fault.
How can anyone have serious conversation with idealists that go skipping around in la la land waving at fairies and unicorns.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The amendment to the SAFE act in New York to allow movies/tv shows to be exempt from illegal guns and magazines might not pass.

And a senior Cuomo administration official involved in the talks said he believes that a special Hollywood carve-out is unlikely to be included in any changes in the gun-control law that might be resolved in the concluding days of budget negotiations.
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...130329776/1026

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
OBEY

rrr_img_19185.jpg

rrr_img_19185.jpg

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw something on the news this morning about one of those shitty small states in the north east wanting to pass a ban on high capacity magazines, and then have a state wide registry for all existing high capacity magazines. Honestly, what kind of fucking retard could think this up? A registry? Oh my god. Whomever wrote that should be fired and castrated.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
People making laws who have no clue what they are talking about.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/03/gu...how-guns-work/

Colorado Rep. Diana DeGette, the lead Democratic sponsor of a federal bill to ban high-capacity magazines, is apparently unaware that such magazines can be reloaded and reused, according to a comment she made at a Denver Post-sponsored forum on gun control on Tuesday.

When asked how limiting the number of bullets in magazines would help reduce violence, she replied: "I will tell you these are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those now, they're going to shoot them. So if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time, because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available."

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
When I saw this video it made me think of the discussion we had here about buying a gun with small children in the house and someone said "just get a shotgun and put it up high where they can't reach." My kids aren't this bad yet, but damn.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think it's probably more effective to educate kids about guns than try to hide them. There was never a time in my childhood when I couldn't have put my hands on a loaded gun if I wanted to. Fear of death both from the gun and from my Dad's reaction to catching me playing with it kept me from touching them.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think it's probably more effective to educate kids about guns than try to hide them. There was never a time in my childhood when I couldn't have put my hands on a loaded gun if I wanted to. Fear of death both from the gun and from my Dad's reaction to catching me playing with it kept me from touching them.
Hah, make liberals heads explode by comparing it to sex education.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, it's also like controlled substances. You need to learn more about what is outlawed or feared to understand why it is so, and if the proscription is appropriate. BTW, the argument against gun legislation is the liberal one.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Education sure, but I don't think ages 0-4 are the ages for that kind of education. I'm sure it works for some people, but yeah, not me.