Gun control

Simas_sl

shitlord
That doesn't work we ban all semi auto pistols? Well I know some guys that can get off 18 shots with a wheel gun faster than a lot of ppl can with an 18rnd mag in a semi.

It's a very slippery slope.
The Constitution is there to stop the slide.

Viktor

Molten Core Raider
One of the fundamental rules of guns, you dont carry or use one if you are not competent or comfortable handing it.
Don't project how you handle guns on others. Crazies do what crazies do. To me it's more or less an equation:

1. crazies + easily available guns + poor mental health care -> Bad shit has an increased chance of happening.
2. crazies + guns that are hard to come by + decent/good mental health care -> Bad shit has lower chance of happening than case 1.

And if you're (not you personally) are so adamant on the right to carry etc. you shouldn't be surprised when bad shit happens.
Also, if principals or teachers are going to be packing there will be events where they go mental and shoot the hell out of people in their school.
/inc "but overall they would have prevented more deaths than caused them!" (back to top)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The mildly amusing thing is before the 1994 ban you rarely saw anyone with an AR at the range or even at gun shows. Even at the countries largest gun show in Tulsa you might see 25 at the entire event. When the ban expired in 2004 it became the single best selling model firearm in the US according to the ATF each and every year since. Now you go to a gunshow and that's all you see. The ban probably contributed to 10x more people owning AR's than not banning them.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
1. crazies + easily available guns + poor mental health care -> Bad shit has an increased chance of happening.
2. crazies + guns that are hard to come by + decent/good mental health care -> Bad shit has lower chance of happening than case 1.
I absolutely agree with this, most sane people will. The problem is we are not going to get to number 2, that ship sailed in 1776. I guarantee that none of the proposed legislation in the weeks/months to come is going to be retroactive. So now we have more laws limiting what we can do with no real gain. Thats what sucks.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Its just mind blotting;

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGWhRAccEuE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGWhRAccEuE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

How the hell do you embed?

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
The mildly amusing thing is before the 1994 ban you rarely saw anyone with an AR at the range or even at gun shows. Even at the countries largest gun show in Tulsa you might see 25 at the entire event. When the ban expired in 2004 it became the single best selling model firearm in the US according to the ATF each and every year since. Now you go to a gunshow and that's all you see. The ban probably contributed to 10x more people owning AR's than not banning them.
Alot of that had to do with certain patents expiring and more importantly, much better machining/manufacturing and metalurgy processes. With CAD design and CNC machines much smaller manufacturers are able to get into the game and have made some truly impressive improvements to the original AR design. Then the competition guys started using the platform and it jusr exploded from there. In 1994 there were 4-5 manufacturers making AR's, now there are a couple of hundred i think.

In 1994 a standard Colt/Bushmaster/Armalite AR15 was a somewhat reliable (when clean), somewhat accurate (3-4" at 100yds) rifle. A decent bolt gun was much more accurate and reliable, so the sporting community really had no use for the AR. Fast forward to today you have a extremely reliable and VERY accurate light weight rifle. A run of the mill off the shelf AR today can easily shoot 1.5-2" groups at 100yds, add a stainless steel match type barrel and you can see that drop to .5" at 100yds. You see more of them because they have none of the disadvantages that they had back in the day. Then you get the airsoft/video game nerd factor of hanging every accessory under the sun off of your rifle, but that is something else for me to bitch about =)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Its just mind blotting;

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGWhRAccEuE?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGWhRAccEuE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

How the hell do you embed?
When you reply hit the "Go advanced" button and then the button that says insert image, don't paste the embed code but rather just the web address for it.

According to one senator from WV today we should ban all weapon designs or architecture that was originally designed for the military. I guess that leaves lever action rifles as single shots, muzzloaders, bolt actions, semi auto and full auto all were developed for the military.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Alot of that had to do with certain patents expiring and more importantly, much better machining/manufacturing and metalurgy processes. With CAD design and CNC machines much smaller manufacturers are able to get into the game and have made some truly impressive improvements to the original AR design. Then the competition guys started using the platform and it jusr exploded from there. In 1994 there were 4-5 manufacturers making AR's, now there are a couple of hundred i think.

In 1994 a standard Colt/Bushmaster/Armalite AR15 was a somewhat reliable (when clean), somewhat accurate (3-4" at 100yds) rifle. A decent bolt gun was much more accurate and reliable, so the sporting community really had no use for the AR. Fast forward to today you have a extremely reliable and VERY accurate light weight rifle. A run of the mill off the shelf AR today can easily shoot 1.5-2" groups at 100yds, add a stainless steel match type barrel and you can see that drop to .5" at 100yds. You see more of them because they have none of the disadvantages that they had back in the day. Then you get the airsoft/video game nerd factor of hanging every accessory under the sun off of your rifle, but that is something else for me to bitch about =)
Less is more, less is more. I cringe when I see the mall ninja's with 15 lbs of crap on their rifle.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Gun debate flares as funerals begin -BBC News

Two pro-gun US senators have called for changes to firearm laws, as the first victims of the Newtown school shootings were buried in Connecticut.

Democrats Mark Warner and Joe Manchin, who have "A" ratings from the National Rifle Association (NRA), now say action is needed after the massacre.

Noah Pozner and Jack Pinto, both aged six, were buried on Monday after funeral services attended by hundreds.

Despite a long history of pro-gun views, West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin told US network MSNBC on Monday that it was time to "move beyond rhetoric" on gun control.

Mr Manchin, a gun owner and frequent hunter, said: "I don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle."

"It's common sense. It's time to move beyond rhetoric. We need to sit down and have a common sense discussion and move in a reasonable way."

Virginia Senator Mark Warner, another Democrat who has backed gun owner's rights, told reporters outside the Virginia capitol that the "status quo isn't acceptable". He later called for "rational gun control" in an interview with a local news broadcaster.

Mr Warner said he had been approached repeatedly over the weekend as people began to seek answers and solutions.

On Sunday President Barack Obama told residents at a vigil in Newtown the US must do more to protect its children.

"We can't tolerate this any more," Mr Obama said. "These tragedies must end and to end them we must change."

California Senator Dianne Feinstein, a long-time advocate for gun regulations, said on Sunday she would introduce assault weapons ban legislation in the beginning of the next congressional session.

And New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a vocal backer of stricter regulation, called on Mr Obama and Congress to pass several gun regulation proposals, including requiring a criminal background check for all gun sales, making gun trafficking a felony and a ban on assault weapons.

Murder by firearms in 2011
Map of worst 10 states for firearms murder in 2011, by rate.
DC 12.5,
LOUISIANA 8.8,
SOUTH CAROLINA 4.8,
MARYLAND 4.7,
MISSISSIPPI 4.6,
MISSOURI 4.6,
MICHIGAN 4.6,
TENNESSEE 3.8,
GEORGIA 3.8,
ARKANSAS 3.7.

For comparison:
CONNECTICUT 2.6,
USA 2.8

Rate per 100,000 people

Source: FBI Uniform Crime Reports
Strong reactions from Democrats it seems

Yeah not likely dude, 4 more years of the obama economy and the incoming disaster that is obamacare is going to basically assure republicans get to keep the house and win the presidency. BTW Do you honestly think your going to get 99% of the black vote if you run a white woman? And the hispanics are so fickle, all repubs have to do is throw Rubio on the ticket and you can put the hispanic vote at 50/50. In all reality the future looks pretty bright for the republican party. Not so much for the dems, luckily republicans kept the house, and can spend the next 4 years cockblocking obama.
Are you really Dick Morris?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_3805.jpg

rrr_img_3805.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Going to leave this here and in the school thread:

http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.c...thinkable.html

This goes back to my point of telling you all to fuck off about the mom. Even if you know the symptoms and take precautions, rage is rage and you're not stopping some people if they truly are ill.
Congratulations, I think this is now the 5th time it has been linked. Thanks for thinking that nobody else had seen it and inflicting it upon us YET AGAIN.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Last I checked this was written with the intent to whip your grand-daddies' ass with our freedom bullets. If I didn't have my high powered assault machine, the king of England could walk right in here and start pushing me around.

rrr_img_3805.jpg