H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Looooooool are they fucking serious with this? Two different games? Motherfuckers there have been about 0 substantive updates to either game mode since their inception. Unless you count new cash store cosmetics (of which there are plenty)and I think one new vehicle/gun as "updates".

What a fucking trainwreck this has turned in to. I guess I shouldn't be surprised really, as literally every "survival" pvp game is just one kind of disappointment or another, but come on, this is getting crazy.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get the vibe DBG is cash grabbing before the check out. This company isn't going to be around long.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Looooooool are they fucking serious with this? Two different games? Motherfuckers there have been about 0 substantive updates to either game mode since their inception. Unless you count new cash store cosmetics (of which there are plenty)and I think one new vehicle/gun as "updates".

What a fucking trainwreck this has turned in to. I guess I shouldn't be surprised really, as literally every "survival" pvp game is just one kind of disappointment or another, but come on, this is getting crazy.
do you actually play the game or just read up on it casually? they have done alot. They still need alot more no doubt about it. Since the Inception, they have added new player models and females. They redid the whole dam, they added the hospital facility military base (plus the revamp of the military base). Added new guns, New zombie models and a fuckton of new animations. They are currently working on a 2nd version of the map that will make the one they are on now poof like it never existed, Atv's. body armor, head armor. They had finally added a legit anti cheat program. Other small shit as well. Do they need to do alot more? Fuck yes. I talk from someone who actually plays, i think i have about 2400 hours into this game now, both BR and Survival but mostly survival.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, i was going to wait and see how the game continued to flesh out before buying but now i feel kind of compelled to decide whether to buy it now or just pass completely since i don't want to buy 2 games.
its like 14.99 right now, you can get your 15 bucks back by playing battle royal for a few days.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
do you actually play the game or just read up on it casually? they have done alot. They still need alot more no doubt about it. Since the Inception, they have added new player models and females. They redid the whole dam, they added the hospital facility military base (plus the revamp of the military base). Added new guns, New zombie models and a fuckton of new animations. They are currently working on a 2nd version of the map that will make the one they are on now poof like it never existed, Atv's. body armor, head armor. They had finally added a legit anti cheat program. Other small shit as well. Do they need to do alot more? Fuck yes. I talk from someone who actually plays, i think i have about 2400 hours into this game now, both BR and Survival but mostly survival.
Then you sir have a sickness. I've got ~100 hours or so in to it and if you plopped me down in survival today vs a year ago I'd be hard pressed to tell you the difference. There's an ATV I guess? And you can enter the dam for free guns? Oh boy, updates!

If you really think their rate of actual game development/content creation vs how much effort they put in to their crate system and shitty sponsored BR tournament is acceptable, well then, I don't know what to tell you.

That "invitational" alone was enough to make me lose all hope of this game every going anywhere good.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Then you sir have a sickness. I've got ~100 hours or so in to it and if you plopped me down in survival today vs a year ago I'd be hard pressed to tell you the difference. There's an ATV I guess? And you can enter the dam for free guns? Oh boy, updates!

If you really think their rate of actual game development/content creation vs how much effort they put in to their crate system and shitty sponsored BR tournament is acceptable, well then, I don't know what to tell you.

That "invitational" alone was enough to make me lose all hope of this game every going anywhere good.
I said the game needs alot of work, I play it alot with a "clan" or whatever. We find bugs we submit, we play, we raid, we pvp. Its actually pretty fun at the salt that happens inside this game.

The crate system is a fucking basic system that takes little resources to actually implement. The effort into that was minimal at best.

Like i said, this game has a long ways to go, but if people actually pay attention to what's going on and what they are doing and what they have showed they are working on. Its quite a bit.

Some people will play some wont, but i can tell you even with my time in BR i definitely got my 20 bucks worth. Its not like its some 60 dollar game i played and beat in 6 hours to never touch again.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
So, does it mean H1Z1: Just Survive going to be a true MMO (persistent & open-world) ?

Btw, DBG can really breaks game

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I received an email this evening that stated my account was updated to both games and everything would be duplicated to each. I'm still trying to figure out their motive. Why would you not want to make a really rock solid game with multiple game modes and sell it for $24.99 or $29.99 to make you feel like you're getting a deal in one game instead of making potential customers feel like it's a rip off. Seems a little desperate and that they're just trying to split up their assets and sell them off.

Xevy

Log Wizard

I have 1500ish hours. You're wrong. Green Dawn, AK's, ATV's, vehicle improvements, grenades, etc. They make tweaks every month. Some larger than others.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I received an email this evening that stated my account was updated to both games and everything would be duplicated to each. I'm still trying to figure out their motive. Why would you not want to make a really rock solid game with multiple game modes and sell it for $24.99 or $29.99 to make you feel like you're getting a deal in one game instead of making potential customers feel like it's a rip off. Seems a little desperate and that they're just trying to split up their assets and sell them off.
Because people are retarded and reward bad developer behavior. Why produce an actual game with deep and connected content when you can just churn out new skins and rake in the $$$$.

Played it about a month ago after not having played since April or so. Mechanics, look and feel of the game is exactly the same. Aside from every god damn retard running around in pink neon clothing they buy.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The best thing to come about this is they're removing the cancer that is survival nerds. There are infinitely better survival games to play than h1z1. Stop trying to make them deny development to the best thing about this game, Battle Royale, to try and make an up-to-snuff survival game. Play Rust, Arma, Reign of Kings, Minecraft, etc. as they're all ACTUAL survival games with real building engines and communities.

This is like the fucks that complain about campaigns in Call of Duty. Now with the split survival can just die and BR can get the team time it deserves.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Do you not realize H1Z1 was billed as a survival game and everything about it from design to marketing up to its release said it was survival game?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Do you not realize H1Z1 was billed as a survival game and everything about it from design to marketing up to its release said it was survival game?
And I played it. I played at least 200 hours of just survival until BR's came out. It was okay. Then BR's came out and that was the far superior game and product. Why keep trying to polish a turd when you've got a gold nugget that just needs a quick shine?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
And I played it. I played at least 200 hours of just survival until BR's came out. It was okay. Then BR's came out and that was the far superior game and product. Why keep trying to polish a turd when you've got a gold nugget that just needs a quick shine?
Which leads to why keep and charge people for that turd? It was the original game so it's not like they haven't had time and resources to fix that turd. And loads of money from early adapters, some Sony money, etc. You make it seem like they will suddenly get good at making games if they just don't have to worry about that 'survival aspect'. Get real.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If you want to play a shooter you should play a real shooter :s

The games control and feel is so much worse than a game actually designed on a real shooter engine.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Their netcode is complete shit. The billions of fucking East Asians that come out after 11pm EST fucks with all sorts of hit detection. People rubberbanding, firing before they're on screen, etc.

You assume I think this game is perfect. I don't. It's fucked up in a lot of ways, but for myself and 1000s of others, it's still fun. I've played multiple hours every day since January, basically. I know what a 'good' shooter is, I played Destiny, I played Overwatch, I've played all of them. There's no risk in those games. You go into a lobby, you kill people as best you can, you look at scoreboard, you screenshot it to tell your friends, and that's it. This is not a shooter. This is a SURVIVAL shooter. You die, you're out. GG No RE. That's the appeal. If you're looking to run around and try your best to get a 2.0 KD stick to Destiny, Halo, CoD, etc. This is not those games.

That said I have no doubt a company is coming along to make a wayyyy better version of this game. I think DBG knows that. That's why they're purposely refocusing a group. This is their potential winner and any month now some game like ARMA 3 or the new The Culling or some one is going to get it right and H1Z1 will fade away. Until then this is the best in that genre, bugs and all included.