H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'd only be interested in this if there was enough PvE to hold my interest. I've tried the other survival games (DayZ, Nether, etc) and it's always 1) Stock up 2)Die to SniperCamperHidingInsideTextures_09. No thanks, I'll stick with PS2 if I wanted PvP with this engine :p

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well they make it seem like you'll have to rely on others to survive, so hopefully the PVE will be pretty deadly. I do hope they'll have some Nemesis type boss baddies somewhere, though.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can dress it up and color it how ever you want.

Add open gank pvp Dayz style, and that becomes your game; Quake deathmatch. Period

You can add as many gimmicks as you like, none of that shit matters. It'll never beat a human player, and they become the meta. You'll be gearing and doing everything to fight other players.

And once again like in every other fucking open pvp game, from Mortal Online, Darkfall, DayZ, you'll have another glorified deathmatch arena.

No thank you. I walk outside and trip over games that provide that already (Planetside 2 included).

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Updates from Smed onh1z1 subreddit.

Paraphrased, unless actually in quote ""s

Monetization
Dota2 style crates, see whats inside then buy a key to open.

There will be durability. Purchased cosmetics always stay with you forever. When you die it leaves a copied consumable version with low durability. F2p whales become cosmetic loot pi?atas.

Character slots

"We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that."
Hunger Games style Air Drops
Players can purchase an airdrop for an area. No specific drop point. Everyone in the area knows its coming.
Smed reaffirms youdrop everything on your corpseif you die.

Zombie Mode is planned(in a response about player corpses reanimating)
oh it's going to be implemented for damn sure. just a question of our priorities at the moment. We will also have Play As Zombie down the road (of course with huge restrictions to handle exploits).

Flight

Molten Core Raider
You can dress it up and color it how ever you want.

Add open gank pvp Dayz style, and that becomes your game; Quake deathmatch. Period

You can add as many gimmicks as you like, none of that shit matters. It'll never beat a human player, and they become the meta. You'll be gearing and doing everything to fight other players.

And once again like in every other fucking open pvp game, from Mortal Online, Darkfall, DayZ, you'll have another glorified deathmatch arena.

No thank you. I walk outside and trip over games that provide that already (Planetside 2 included).
Spot on.

Smed will learn this the hard way.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Refresh my memory. In Quake do you have to search for weapons and ammo for hours before you can shoot someone?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Wow so much hate already. This game will sell easy 500k for the $20 alpha I am betting. If the shit fest we all put up with in dayz sold 1.7 million plus. Smed will make back their 6 month development by the 5 or 6 guys working on this easily and have money to add all they want. Just my opinion.

Besides I don't ever remember even doing basic crafting or base building in a deathmatch type game. If you have played dayz mod with bases and tents the game isn't nearly as shoot on sight like standalone in my experience.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Hunger Games style Air Drops

Players can purchase an airdrop for an area. No specific drop point. Everyone in the area knows its coming.
I think this mode can have the most promise but one thing that can ruin this is voice chat. If they could make two servers (or several like this) it would be pretty awesome.

Since I don't think they should ban voice chat (or could), they need to set this up so that people who would normally be buds cannot get early starts by saying "I'm over at the lighthouse.Guild meet me north of that spot" and then go on some kind of killing rampage with their guild. Without some kind of constraints, this mode quickly just turns into another exciting edition of Zerg Squad.

If it's truly airdrops the people spawn spots should be totally random too so one guild member might end up on one completely different area of the map, even on a different server.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I believe they said in-game voice chat is by proximity.

There's no way to prevent buddies on Ventrilo, however.
Planetside2 has a pretty extensive built-in voice system with channels for just about everything. Unless they said otherwise, it'll probably have a similar setup for H1Z1.

I think the whole point of having the game in MMO-format is to encourage organizing. Lone wolfers would probably have a rough time for this kind of event if there are organized groups around.

imijj_sl

shitlord
As much as I would like to play a good game based on these ideas, it will probably just devolve into an embarrassment on the level of Darkfall.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
My brother is a jaded DayZ bittervet. He enjoys Epoch/Origins and hates standalone. His feeling on H1Z1 is that it will never be competitive with mods.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
How exactly are you competitive in a game like this? I've never played any games like this. Honest question.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Planetside2 has a pretty extensive built-in voice system with channels for just about everything. Unless they said otherwise, it'll probably have a similar setup for H1Z1.

I think the whole point of having the game in MMO-format is to encourage organizing. Lone wolfers would probably have a rough time for this kind of event if there are organized groups around.
I think for 90% of the scenarios, you want buds to be on chat with you, building resources/forts, setting up the power zerg, etc. Have absolutely no problem with that.

My only concern is for the one scenario that I included in my post, the Hunger Games style run. There was also some Japanese movie I saw that was like that... all the kids were in teams of two but mostly solo, random weapons everywhere, but players didn't have a way to communicate over long distances, couldn't tell who was really good/bad and because they couldn't see so it made it very interesting and believable. (intersstingly enough, one group of older kids formed a zerg in the movie mowing down the lone 3rd graders).

Again, the only way I see around this is that all weapons AND players have to be randomly spawned in different spots all over a Hunger Games map and possibly over other random servers of this type (assuming they'd make more than one of these) so that it evens the odds for the lone wolfers or duo pairs (of strangers spawned in the same spot that might decide to group up for a time). Otherwise the map just turns into an interesting fight for all of about the 7 minutes it takes everyone from Guild A to meet up at the watertower and start facerollling.

It would be funny though if they had two/three of these ruleset servers so a guild using Vent or TS would say 'Meet at the river by the dock' and then players on different maps run there only to get killed because they random spawned on a different server than their guild.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Jackdiddio,

For Hunger Games stuff, they need to stick to the book somewhat. Two players per server and, as you mentioned, random spawns for both players and weapons. Have a time limit and random PVE kill conditions that occur to prevent sitting still for long periods. Stuff live environmental destruction, rabid wolf packs, zombie hordes, commando squads, etc would spice things up when there are just a couple squatters left. It should be pretty fun for a while. The GW2 pre-event based off Hunger Games was even pretty fun if not a bit easy.