H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can totally relate to that, I think I've only worked for one company my entire life that I actually cared about, and I did because they treated me like a human being. It wasn't American owned either, the Finns are a classy bunch.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Dipped into PS2 tonight, played for 4 hours. Crashed to desktop once. Had some nasty hitching while moving into a 200+ player battle and was utterly outraged. That aside, had immense amounts of fun blowing stuff up and killing people. Would and will play again A++.

Still smarting a bit from Landmark early access, so will let other people guinea pig H1Z1. Will definitely watch streams and keep an eye on it in the mean time.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm going to skip this for now... would've bought it back when Smed first teased it, but any interest that was sparked half a year ago is long gone. That and right now I have enough games on my plate to fill my gaming time and then some.

Tol_sl

shitlord
After the kind of bait and switches they pulled with landmark (ie- promising early access would keep their resources and upgrades, dumping a ton of time into that, and then having them change their mind), I'm pretty leery about SoE early access at this point. I'm following it though because I love the idea of dayz but it was the buggiest hack-filled game I've seen in a long time.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
All of you folks making claims about "gonna skip it for now" are straight fooling yourselves. If it gets amazing word of mouth after release and you have a few friends babbling about how fun it is, you're gonna buy it.

I have friends like that who don't realize they go through a cycle of entertainment and it certain valleys of absolute boredom they'll buy practically anything given a tiny modicum of justification... as in: ("Hey, my friend says its worth checking out!")

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
All of you folks making claims about "gonna skip it for now" are straight fooling yourselves. If it gets amazing word of mouth after release and you have a few friends babbling about how fun it is, you're gonna buy it.
Well who wouldn't buy it if it got amazing word of mouth? People are saying they will skip it for now based on whatever assumptions they have. Nothing wrong with going back on your statement of skipping it if it actually is a fun game. Personally I don't have any interest in this game, but I haven't really looked in to it. If I know enough people playing the game and it's really fun, I might drop $20 to check it out.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Draegan, I have a handful of friends who made broad claims about particular companies or particular games from a moral high-ground of principle. As in: ("Fuck H1Z1; they burnt me on PS2 and I'll never play a Sony game again.") Then, when H1Z1 launches, it is amazingly fun and friend is like "well what I actually meant was, I'll play it if its a good game, and after four hours of release people sound like they're having fun and that means I'm buying it because I'm bored..."

My point is: we'll all play anything if its a good game in a genre we enjoy, that's all that needs to be said.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I can totally relate to that, I think I've only worked for one company my entire life that I actually cared about, and I did because they treated me like a human being. It wasn't American owned either, the Finns are a classy bunch.
i dunno these H1Z1 guys go out of their way to talk to people. They do this on their vacations. They do podcasts for 2 fucking hours when they have days off or during thanksgiving or xmas break just to talk about the damned game. People who hate where they work or are in a bad working environment dont do that kinda of stuff.

I dont know if its bad or good working for SoE. I never been there, never plan on it, i only see what's out on the interwebs by the actual people and they seem really excited about the game.

All i know is if i hated where im working and i have hated a few places, i would NEVER ever do anything outside of work time for the good of the company. I would just do my 9 to 5 and im out. These guys go the extra mile it seems.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is true, but they could also be trying to make a name for themselves for better options in the future.

I never said I wouldn't play the game, and if the reviews are good I might jump in after a few months. If it is that good then the community will still be there in a few months and stronger than at launch so it's a win win for anyone waiting on the fence.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

I have friends like that who don't realize they go through a cycle of entertainment and it certain valleys of absolute boredom they'll buy practically anything given a tiny modicum of justification... as in: ("Hey, my friend says its worth checking out!")
I did say I'll skip it for now, I'm not declaring SOE to be the devil incarnate. I think you jump to conclusions when you take a few "meh, maybe later" posts and treat that as everyone saying "SOE, never again".

Actually I'm surprised at the negative tone towards them based on PS2 of all things. I played that alot during the first year and found the game fun and the cash shop was not selling any station cash exclusive power-ups back then. At any rate, friends saying "check this out" is the best reason to download the latest F2P crap, certainly moreso then any "gaming" website or advertising.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Personally after Omeed left soe it really makes me think they are going in a direction that we might not like. Just my opinion though.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Why the hate for PS2? Been playing casually for 2 years and enjoy it, have no problems with the pay shop or changes. But then, i've never been one to notice the pangs of "nerfage" that some suffer. I just game. Lucky I guess.

I'll probably try this when it surfaces.
Because people hate it when a company tries to turn a profit on a game.

Oldbased

> Than U
I still plan to get EA when it comes available in 8 days. I didn't play the other survival games but this one has perked my interest.
I can't really be accused to a SoE fan as I have not played a product of theirs short of about 3 hours of Vanguard since 2007.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Personally after Omeed left soe it really makes me think they are going in a direction that we might not like. Just my opinion though.
I've met all the Landmark people including Omeed a bunch of times and I don't understand why people think he had anything to do anything Sony related. He never actually worked for Sony he runs a company called "Dariani consulting group" he just was the PR guy they contracted and ran some streams/content. The dude writes children's fiction for TV shows and runs a PR consulting firm as his job he's not a developer or even a Sony employee in the truest sense.

Take a look at his linkedin

Specialties: Business Development ? Entertainment Strategy ? IP Management ? Corporate Strategy ? Marketing ? Startup Consultation ? Transmedia Development ? Licensing ? Writing ? Creative Development ? PR ? Social Media ? Online Presence ? Content Strategies ? Presentations ? Public Speaking ? Editorial ? Game Design
Minus the obviously BS tacked on "Game Design" he's a just a PR shill. Questioning the future of SOE because Omeed left is the same as if I questioned the future of Starbucks because the dude who makes my vanilla late quit.

He did give me about 50 landmark alpha invites and a Nagafin hat at Pax though so he's pretty cool in my book.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If you have Station Pass will you need to still pay for early access to H1Z1? If so, i'll be beyond ticked. It's the only reason I even kept mine going.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
This is SOE. Do you even have to ask this?
lol, yeah, im sure once it goes Free to play you will get bonuses of something if you have a station pass, but for EA naw. They want them 20 bucks. I dont blame them, i would do the exact same thing. NO one is twisting anyones arm to buy it.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
"You are invited watch some of your favorite Twitch, YouTube and Media personalities try their best at surviving the H1Z1 outbreak!
Join Ellohime, CohhCarnage, ItMeJP, NGTZombies, and many more as they stream H1Z1 LIVE this Fr*iday, Jan*uary 9 from 1*2 P*M PS*T - 6 P*M PS*T.
For the full schedule and roster of players, hit the jump!"