H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
They should have invited a few people from opposing "teams" of that gamergate bullshit... put them all on the same vchat.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
The damn stream is live now. all afternoon into the evening stream. should be interesting. That crazy america's model chick is going to be streaming as well. The one that married that brady bunch dude. haha

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Stream sucks. Just some dudes talking. Where is the gameplay?
Its coming at 1pm pst. This is just them expalining whats going to happen for Early Access and whats changed lately. They are streaming from 1pm until 6pm.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's 1pm PST right now. I swear people don't know how to do presentations. They are talking about stew right now. If you need to bullshit, just play over video or actual live gameplay.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
well there is about to be 10-15 channels of H1Z1 going on in a few min. the 2nd one is up already!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It looks a lot better than it did the last time I looked at it. Still not sure if its my cup of tea but still showing pretty good improvement.

Oldbased

> Than U
Watched about a hour of the PC Gaming stream. It meets my expectations for a alpha/early testing. Particularly fond of the ambient sounds and how it warns you danger is about from both animals and Z's.
Didn't see him interact with another player so not sure how much sound a player makes in a foggy/dark setting.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Technically you have 500 player max servers in rust. I stopped hosting about a year ago I think, but at the time if you went over 120 it started getting really shitty. And the map could not support 100+ very well unless the spawn rate was cranked super high. I have no idea how its doing now with all the engine improvements and map changes.

Dayz standalone was originally shooting for 150 per server, but I dont think they ever got past 50. 40ish was the max for the MOD I believe. But I stopped following that game a year ago as well.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is that a lot for this kind of game? How many players is Rust?
Rust was good for around 75-100, past 100 or so and servers started going to shit.

As long as the world is built to accommodate that many people it shouldnt be a problem. Half the problem with 100+ people in Rust was the world then wasnt very large and resources quickly became an issue like Valos mentions.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Rust was good for around 75-100, past 100 or so and servers started going to shit.

As long as the world is built to accommodate that many people it shouldnt be a problem. Half the problem with 100+ people in Rust was the world then wasnt very large and resources quickly became an issue like Valos mentions.
WE all now that this wont happen with H1Z1, SoE has plenty of testing with PS2.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
WE all now that this wont happen with H1Z1, SoE has plenty of testing with PS2.
I hadn't played around in it much before the holidays due to workload, but did some testing the past couple days, and the progress is pretty damned impressive. The world itself is big. There's a lot of real estate to work with. Even with 200 people, it won't be like a deathmatch map in any way. It's survival, and surviving is hard!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
You don't want to have a ton on a game like this but DayZ always needed more than 40 as you could go for miles and see no one and then hit a hot spot with 5 snipers scoped on your forehead. This has a lot of potential for some fun but it's one of those things that can easily go either way.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Call me back when they manage 2000 players per server. You know like EQ did. Not everyone needs as much space as Smed does.

Oldbased

> Than U
Call me back when they manage 2000 players per server. You know like EQ did. Not everyone needs as much space as Smed does.
I am not convinced 200 per sever is server ability but size per person cap.
I think the point of 200 per server with the current map was to prevent it from being a instant death match.

Tol_sl

shitlord
200 would be ok as long as it's a suitable size for their map. The biggest buzzkill for dayz for me was that 95% of the game was empty space, and the other 5% was getting sniped by a guy you never saw who geared up on a 3-person server or killed by cheaters who turned you into a goat first.