H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Felmega_sl

shitlord
First thing to do is shred your jeans and shirt for the cloth needed to craft a 300 slot satchel. Then craft your bow and 15+ arrows. Grab 20+ berries and then head out!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Vitality was making a stink in the Amod thread about it. Get enough others complaining and I'm sure it can be moved back. I don't know if I consider H1Z1 an MMO but it is defiantly an Online game and I think it fits that forum better.
Why is there so many pussies on this board.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_88396.jpg
OK if it isn't a MMO what is the difference between a "session based persistent online game" compared to a MMORPG like WoW?

Vexil

Trakanon Raider
Probably sarcasm but mmos have leveling and several progression systems be it crafting, gathering, raiding, grouping, and gearing your character. H1Z1 is a dressed up deathmatch game where you log in make a bow and run around pwning nubs for the lawlz. It has some bits of other systems but the core is nub pwining for realz

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
So much loot in the 5 minutes the servers were up.

It's like a new game almost I think. Will make dying not so bad if it stays like this. Sure, might be because of fresh server, but hopefully even half of this loot is avail after servers are up for a while.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
In the 5 minutes it was up, 4 houses gave me a hunting rifle, a 9mm, a combat knife, machete, metal scraps, twine, 3+ peairs of jeans, countless water bottles and food. Along with stuff like cold med, syringes, sugar, salt, ect. No ammo though
frown.png

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Probably sarcasm but mmos have leveling and several progression systems be it crafting, gathering, raiding, grouping, and gearing your character. H1Z1 is a dressed up deathmatch game where you log in make a bow and run around pwning nubs for the lawlz. It has some bits of other systems but the core is nub pwining for realz
So every time you login to play do you start over from scratch in terms of what gear you have? There are no skills/abilities like in MMOs and how well you do in combat is based on how good you are at twitch FPS games?

nate_sl

shitlord
So every time you login to play do you start over from scratch in terms of what gear you have? There are no skills/abilities like in MMOs and how well you do in combat is based on how good you are at twitch FPS games?
It's survival FPS, which is considerably different than twitch FPS. There are no skills/abilities/experience however, so you do not become stronger just by living in the world. You retain your gear/crates if they aren't taken by someone else.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They said in the stream that eventually you will get better at sprinting, and faster at crafting and other things the longer you do those things and stay alive.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this but, I honestly don't want to play on PvP servers any more.

I've been playing as a carebear on Redmoon PvE server and really enjoying it. The zombies and wildlife are enough of a concern/challenge/annoyance for me.

I know that if I'm enjoying PvE this much now during alpha, it will only get better as mob AI improve and Sony addresses concerns players have over "shoot on sight" mentality. There's not much they can do but I think since it's Sony they will not want to kill accessibility for players like me.
I won't knock you for it, but there's no challenge. I have never died from a zombie in over 20 hours of playing. I died once to a wolf the first day I started playing and a bear twice around the same time. Since then no zombie or wildlife has given any type of challenge. Personally I would see myself getting bored a lot quicker from missing out on the "Is this guy a psychopath or cool" or "I'm gonna kill this motherfucker" interactions. You're probably more liable to die from a bad fall or walking off the map than from the pve in it's current state. So far I feel like I've definitely got my $20 worth. It's the most fun I've had in a new game and a while and I see lots of potential, the ball is in their cart to make this thing shine.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I won't knock you for it, but there's no challenge. I have never died from a zombie in over 20 hours of playing.
I don't know how much truth there is to this claim but I have seen tweets from Smedly claiming that the current server lag issues are effecting the AI negatively and once they finally get those issues sorted the Zombies should be quite a bit more dangerous.