H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Honestly what's the difference? Robots and pipboys? No zombies? Just pretend bro, maybe one day we will get a fallout mmo til then... Zombies.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Protip; punji sticks are useless for foot traffic but are amazing roadblocks right now, vehicle hitting one going full speed will roll if they hit one.

That is exactly what these games are and ever where. Unless you play on a whitelisted server with strict admins / rpg rules / pve rules.
IMO they need to make it so that discharging firearms is a liability, make it attract a ton of zombies or something because this is a problem. As said before game is all about community and when the community starts to die the game dies fast. No one wants to play a game were they get blasted as soon as they spawn by retards who perma camp the best drops.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think they really just need to make more zombies and make zombies more dangerous. But yes, firearms should definitely attract lots of zombies.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I think they really just need to make more zombies and make zombies more dangerous. But yes, firearms should definitely attract lots of zombies.
I don't know... right now the server can't even handle one zombie out in the middle of nowhere. THIS guy was following me for my entire session on Antidote, I could not do a damn thing about it ;\

H1Z1 Zombie AI, or lack of it. - YouTube

(yeah yeah early access)

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I think Zombie AI is the same AI for Landmark/EQN? It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

Bears seem pretty dangerous if only because they rush and 1shot.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
zombie AI is not broken whats broken is the lag on thier side, they dont recognize you until 2-3 seconds late then when they rush you, they go where you USED to be. They have acknowledged since the game first went into early access.

is what its kinda supposed to be, but yeah, they need work but like i said, they stated that already.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Only time I've experienced lag was when servers came up yesterday after the patch when every server had a queue. Otherwise I haven't seen this zombie lag you're talking about.

If you're hating on SOE for a less than perfect game in alpha... Go play some dayz and come back here and tell me how shit it is, because 2 years into their alpha and they still don't have working zombies or models or scripted events... They just recently put 1 vehicle in and it's even worse than h1z1's.

Oh and they have sold over 3 million copies on steam for a higher price tag, yet still shit all has been done.

If you can't tell I'm salty as fuck over paying for dayz, wish I could get my money back.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game's pretty fun when you run with a goddamn zerg. We had 7 people and we basically locked down Pleasant Valley and just waited for people coming to the Police Station. Got a looooootttt of kills. And a looooottttt of tears.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Game's pretty fun when you run with a goddamn zerg. We had 7 people and we basically locked down Pleasant Valley and just waited for people coming to the Police Station. Got a looooootttt of kills. And a looooottttt of tears.
Typical toxic behavior.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Camping like that is pretty crappy with no chat functionality to warn others of douchebags abound.

Xevy

Log Wizard
zerging ruins games like this
Yes and no. Groups of 3-4 I think are ideal. A lot of skrimishes happen with fairly even numbers. My friends and I drove a cop car around the entire map asking if people needed the police's assistance. We'd help them, unless they ran or attacked us. Then they got lead poisoning.

Once they fix weapon spawns with containers, camping won't be as big an issue. People camping a spot? Get a hunting rifle. Wait. Kill them. Easy peasy. Our sniper was almost taken out by a fucking makeshift bow earlier and I actually got killed by a bow shot while pistoling. People can make their shit bow, kill zombies for random guns/ammmos, and then they're ready to rock. Only thing different than you and a suped up player is the shit he's carrying that doesn't matter in combat, and maybe his motorcycle helmet. Otherwise it's pretty much skill v skill.

Also we play on the hardcorest of server types, so fuck y'all QQing. We even have recipe wipe which serves absolutely no purpose but being incredibly stupid and annoying.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
easier to gear up killing zombies. safer too! I just got a miltary backpack, shotgun 44 shells for it and a weapons repair kit. Other random stuff as well.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Can't tell if Phoenix is trolling or genuinely QQing this robustly.
Not QQing and not trolling. Its just a really shitty thing to do in a game like this that has zero communication to warn others. They really need to implement a chat feature for a 300-400m area around you.

Really though habitual antics like that kill the server and eventually community. Saw it happen countless times on Rust. Assholes would get geared up and just blast every single fresh spawn over and over and over. Within a day the server was dead.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
good thing even fresh spawns in this game get a bow within the first minute or 2 after entering the world. YOu at least have a punchers chance to land a bow shot to the head! I have seen it happen. Usually fresh spawns will help others take down geared up guy01

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
good thing even fresh spawns in this game get a bow within the first minute or 2 after entering the world. YOu at least have a punchers chance to land a bow shot to the head! I have seen it happen. Usually fresh spawns will help others take down geared up guy01
Sure, it's nice to have a chance. But it still gets annoying when 4 dudes rolling around in multiple vehicles just run new spawns down without even acknowledging their existence except to kill them and loot their corpses.

As annoying as it is, I can appreciate guys who befriend me for 30 minutes only to shoot me in the head when I finally take my eye off of them. But just being silently mowed down by people doesn't give you any sort of experience to appreciate or reflect on.