Hades (Supergiant Games)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there any way to get certain boons, or at least get the system to use rarer ones? Ive seen life per hit once, and Ive played... A lot.... Or, if I wanted to go back to a certain build and try it again. I had shield with a buffed up Q ability with hangover, lightning, and defensives and that build was remarkably strong. Up until Hades at least.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So, the "rare" boons have pre-reqs. There are tiers, which require you already have one or more of the previous tier boons before they show up. The wiki explains this pretty good.

Here is the Artemis list. Prerequisites are listed in the right hand column:

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

The last power of the Mirror has two options: one rerolls chamber rewards, the other rerolls boons/well of charon offerings. Rerolling boons one is actually pretty powerful when going for specific builds or trying to get higher rarity and even legendary ones to show.

You can also cheese the well of charon stuff by buying buffs, pop a reroll, and it refreshes with 3 new ones to buy.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I beat him!!!

Fuck that took a long time and sure was it fun!

Did it with fists in a crazy build. Sturdy when attacking, sturdy when dashing, deflect dash while rocking the 30% damage reduction keepsake . Dionysus attack level 7. Then stacked hp. Did not even use special!

Dot him up and dash away.

This is the best game of the year.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

First time I beat him was with Life Per Hit, Dash Deflect, Damage Reduction and Invulnerability God Power. I only picked up the sword during that run through cause I was farming purple currency. I find it wild that Ill be going through the first floor thinking Ive gotten some crap powers right off the bat, on a weapon I dont care for, only for it to all meld together and I get super far.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I've beaten him with every weapon now except for the bow. I need to power up the bow, because I haven't spent any of my titan blood on it yet (it's my least favorite weapon). I almost got him with the bow when I really powered up my special, but Hades got me before I could get him the whole way down.

As far as the companions, I finally killed Skelly and got his companion, but I haven't been able to get anyone else's yet. I want Achilles', but even after I spoke with Patreclus and returned to talk to Achilles, he still hasn't given me the companion. I also can't seem to give him any more nectar's. Also, I don't know what people on here are talking about but you CAN NOT give Thanatos any nectars. I've only seen him in the palace once, and every time I see him on a run, I can't give him shit. He shows up, kills a bunch of stuff, says "you didn't see me" and disappears. I don't know if it's because I have the Switch version of the game or not, but he absolutely will not take any nectars from me. Same with the Minotaur. I saw Meg in my bedroom, but haven't been able to give her a nectar since. I don't know if I missed my chance to get her companion or not. That's the only part of the game that's getting really frustrating for me.

Daidraco

I've beaten him with every weapon now except for the bow. I need to power up the bow, because I haven't spent any of my titan blood on it yet (it's my least favorite weapon). I almost got him with the bow when I really powered up my special, but Hades got me before I could get him the whole way down.

As far as the companions, I finally killed Skelly and got his companion, but I haven't been able to get anyone else's yet. I want Achilles', but even after I spoke with Patreclus and returned to talk to Achilles, he still hasn't given me the companion. I also can't seem to give him any more nectar's. Also, I don't know what people on here are talking about but you CAN NOT give Thanatos any nectars. I've only seen him in the palace once, and every time I see him on a run, I can't give him shit. He shows up, kills a bunch of stuff, says "you didn't see me" and disappears. I don't know if it's because I have the Switch version of the game or not, but he absolutely will not take any nectars from me. Same with the Minotaur. I saw Meg in my bedroom, but haven't been able to give her a nectar since. I don't know if I missed my chance to get her companion or not. That's the only part of the game that's getting really frustrating for me.

I'm able to give Thanatos Ambrosia anytime I see him. I looked it up for you - and although there are regular challenges, there is a specific "Shade Killing" challenge that you supposedly have to do. I must have done it and didnt even realize it was special. Maegera is right above Thanatos on that website.

Malakriss

Beating Thanatos in the kill challenge gets you an extra +25 health reward (in addition to the chamber reward). When back in the house he'll be on achilles side near the administrative office, be sure to gift nectars before you talk since he has a habit of teleporting off.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Re: Companions and gaining favor, there is a LOT of regular story content and random conversations that will supersede your attempts to give nectar/ambrosia, or will cause a character to disappear for a round or two, and sometimes you just have to keep doing runs when you seem stuck. Somewhat related, I had to do like 20 runs with rail gun and zeus signet to trigger the conversations for the 4th rail gun aspect, because every other character I was gifting nectar triggered some other Zeus conversation bit.

And for Thanatos specifically, yes, you have to keep running into him and winning the challenge for him to show up back home.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just got the gun aspect too and it took me like 5 runs with the gun to trigger it. I hate the gun. I want to try to at least power up all the hidden aspect weapons but I dont like half of them

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There are builds for everything that have made them fun, but there also some builds that make them suck. Gun and spear for me are hit or miss on whether I like the build or not. Right build with gun gets hilarious good real quick, but poor build it just sucks. Spear is the only one I haven’t beat the game with, just haven’t figured out a good build with it yet. Beat it with everything else 1-4 times each.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate the spear too. Think I only have 1 or 2 wins with it. The only thing Ive gotten with spear that made me feel OP was the triple dash attack. Only time Ive felt OP with gun is with turning the bombs into rockets and then getting the 5 rocket upgrade. I like the bow, but I have never had a run where the hidden bow aspect was good at all. Whereas I can use the starting fist aspect and its like I have to TRY to lose regardless of whatever hammer upgrades they give. Some weapons just flat out blow

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've beat Hades the most times with the bow. But yeah definitely agree some weapons completely suck without good boons to start with, others you can still make it decently far with mediocre/less than idea upgrades.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Absolutely none of the weapons suck. None. But the weapons have very different playstyles depending on what aspect you're using and what build you're going for and they work much differently making for unique playstyle choices.

I can say with 100% certainty that Supergiant did an amazing job with creating boon and hammer upgrades that completely change the way each weapon works and make it so certain players will always favor certain builds because that's the way they like to play the game. But you will always find at least one weapon aspect enjoyable if you learn the right builds for every single weapon.

This game is really, really well done and nothing actually, in fact, sucks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah not a big fan of the spear either. I do love the bow and the gun though and have finished more runs with the bow specifically. I actually don't have a lot of time in the gauntlets yet, what builds are people using for them that seem pretty effective?

yaph

Molten Core Raider
I hit the credits on my 50th run and all the weapons feel good. The progression on this game is solid. My best timed run was with the gauntlets at 17 minutes. On my first few wins with the gauntlets I had Plume leveled up to about 25% + 15% dodge from blood upgrades. I generally just pick anything that buffs dash attack or regular attacks. Casts and specials will depend on play style. You can never go wrong with the Zeus call either. Main attack deflects is also a winner.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Absolutely none of the weapons suck. None. But the weapons have very different playstyles depending on what aspect you're using and what build you're going for and they work much differently making for unique playstyle choices.

I can say with 100% certainty that Supergiant did an amazing job with creating boon and hammer upgrades that completely change the way each weapon works and make it so certain players will always favor certain builds because that's the way they like to play the game. But you will always find at least one weapon aspect enjoyable if you learn the right builds for every single weapon.

This game is really, really well done and nothing actually, in fact, sucks.
Tell me another weapon like the starting fists or xcal where it doesnt matter what rng you get hit with its still very easy to get a ~25min clear. My bloods are limited, and this is certainly not the case with spears hidden aspect maxed out. Theres def tiers to weapons and I think every spear is prob bottom tier aka SUCKS. FR tho tell me another good weapon besides starting fists and xcal because I feel super burnt spending all those bloods on spear and barely squeeking through if I can even get through at all and this is like heat 2-3 lol. Im breezing through every heat with xcal and those fists tho sub 20min if lvl 5 doesnt frig me

Daidraco

Spear is the only one I haven’t beat the game with, just haven’t figured out a good build with it yet.
I hate the spear too. Think I only have 1 or 2 wins with it. The only thing Ive gotten with spear that made me feel OP was the triple dash attack.
Triple Attack on short range Dash > Extended Spear Length > High Flat Damage/Crit. Add in Dash Deflect and Weapon Deflect, and its game over. Ive gotten those rolls twice now and as soon as I have the first two, I know I've beat the attempt.