Hades (Supergiant Games)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Tell me another weapon like the starting fists or xcal where it doesnt matter what rng you get hit with its still very easy to get a ~25min clear. My bloods are limited, and this is certainly not the case with spears hidden aspect maxed out. Theres def tiers to weapons and I think every spear is prob bottom tier aka SUCKS. FR tho tell me another good weapon besides starting fists and xcal because I feel super burnt spending all those bloods on spear and barely squeeking through if I can even get through at all and this is like heat 2-3 lol. Im breezing through every heat with xcal and those fists tho sub 20min if lvl 5 doesnt frig me

This is an old save and I stopped playing it about 2 days after the fists were released. But... if you think certain weapons are just better it's probably because you're trying to force the same builds for every weapon. Different things work for different weapons + aspects.
Hades.png

Khane

Also, if you're looking specifically for a good spear build I've already talked about Guan Yu builds like 4 different times in the previous pages.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tell me another weapon like the starting fists or xcal where it doesnt matter what rng you get hit with its still very easy to get a ~25min clear. My bloods are limited, and this is certainly not the case with spears hidden aspect maxed out. Theres def tiers to weapons and I think every spear is prob bottom tier aka SUCKS. FR tho tell me another good weapon besides starting fists and xcal because I feel super burnt spending all those bloods on spear and barely squeeking through if I can even get through at all and this is like heat 2-3 lol. Im breezing through every heat with xcal and those fists tho sub 20min if lvl 5 doesnt frig me
The shield is just stupid OP with hangover. You can basically hide in a corner and just let your special do all the work. Its dumb.

Khane

By the way all the speed runners use the rail gun with the Eris aspect currently. Also, a lot of you guys probably don't have all the unlocks yet. This game, like every roguelike or roguelite is pretty RNG, but it's not completely RNG. And if you know how the boon tiers work and know which boons work best with each other you can create builds that will get you past Hades almost 100% of the time, no matter what weapon and aspect you are using. The keepsakes and knowing how to use them and when to switch them in between floors are instrumental in this.

The more you play the more you'll figure out what works. And the more Fated Authority/Fated Persuasion rerolls you will have. Most of what I've seen in this thread is low run count players not having all the keepsakes unlocked or leveled up and using keepsakes that don't guarantee boons. You'll probably never use things like the feather ever again after you have all the specific Olympian keepsakes unlocked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I find the spear to be the best weapon in the game by far. Guan Yu completely powered up is so OP it's ridiculous. My second favorite weapon is probably the rail gun. I can't understand why people don't like that weapon. The game is pants on head retarded easy with the rail gun if you get Delta Chamber and triple bomb. Unlimited ammo paired with Dionysus hangover and power up the bombs and you don't even really get hit. I think my list of favorite to least favorite would be:
1. Spear- Aspect of Guan Yu
2. Rail Gun- Aspect of Eros
3. Sword- Aspect of Zagreus (I thought I liked Excalibur the most, but it's too slow)
4. Fists- Aspect of Talos
5. Shield- Aspect of Beowulf
6. Bow- Aspect of Zagreus (admittedly, I haven't unlocked any of the other aspects of the bow yet)

Also, thanks for the help on how to get the companion from Thanatos. I actually just got Sisyphus' boulder as a companion, and Meg's. I really, really hope they have a DLC for this game soon. This is by far my favorite video game of the year.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s probably just the fact that you have to beat the game like 50+ times to unlock all that stuff that’s coming off like people don’t like it? I’ve beat it like 20 times, have two hidden weapon aspects unlocked and like no Titan blood. Just seems a little grindy to me is all. I’m still having fun, it’s a great game. Going to start trying to go after certain builds when I start playing again, instead of just RNGing.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It’s probably just the fact that you have to beat the game like 50+ times to unlock all that stuff that’s coming off like people don’t like it? I’ve beat it like 20 times, have two hidden weapon aspects unlocked and like no Titan blood. Just seems a little grindy to me is all. I’m still having fun, it’s a great game. Going to start trying to go after certain builds when I start playing again, instead of just RNGing.

I'm at around 110 runs, have all weapons unlocked (but hardly any maxed).

Something like 80 hours of enjoyment were had for € 16.

I'm sure I'll pick it up again later, especially if a DLC comes out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm at around 110 runs, have all weapons unlocked (but hardly any maxed).

Something like 80 hours of enjoyment were had for € 16.

I'm sure I'll pick it up again later, especially if a DLC comes out.
Yeah, it has been well worth the money. Fantastic game and I really hope it gets some DLC in the future cause I would love even more content and variety. I don’t think this company has done that in past titles but still hoping for it. From memory they’ve just released a very polished, complete game then moved on to another genre.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By the way all the speed runners use the rail gun with the Eris aspect currently. Also, a lot of you guys probably don't have all the unlocks yet. This game, like every roguelike or roguelite is pretty RNG, but it's not completely RNG. And if you know how the boon tiers work and know which boons work best with each other you can create builds that will get you past Hades almost 100% of the time, no matter what weapon and aspect you are using. The keepsakes and knowing how to use them and when to switch them in between floors are instrumental in this.

The more you play the more you'll figure out what works. And the more Fated Authority/Fated Persuasion rerolls you will have. Most of what I've seen in this thread is low run count players not having all the keepsakes unlocked or leveled up and using keepsakes that don't guarantee boons. You'll probably never use things like the feather ever again after you have all the specific Olympian keepsakes unlocked.
So I started leveling up all the keepsakes for specific boons and trying them out. Did a shield run with Zeus keepsake and absolutely owned. Special hits 7 targets or whatever it’s called + lightning bolt on special + 50% chance for lightning bolt to hit twice + special does 200% damage when you dash.

I did actually switch keepsakes midway through as well, started with Dionysus so I could get some hangover on hit then switched to zeus.

I’m also hoarding blood, can’t commit to leveling something even though I have like 24 now.

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Aspect of Hestia (Rail) is super fun when maxed out. You need to re-map the reload to something reasonable like LT or LB, but then you just get into a groove of Shoot -> Reload -> Dash with the occasional Special and just zip around 1-shotting all the minor enemies. Great with big Attack damage (Aphrodite) or Attack+Knockback (Poseidon), and the Ricochet hammer boon.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is this kinda like Dead Cells but isometric?
No not really. The only similarity is starting over when you die, getting more powerful the more you play.

There aren’t branches like dead cells, no platforming at all, not as RNG as dead cells. There’s a lot more comboing, builds, and strategy in Hades.

Having played, enjoyed and beat both, they’re both really good. Just not very comparable even though Steam lumps them together as similar. Hades is a much deeper and better game imo

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Hades has an entire "in between" game that you play after a run that is really well done. After you die, you go back to Hades' palace, where you interact with a bunch of characters, upgrade your weapons, unlock perks, unravel the story, etc... It's just incredible how much detail they put into the game. This is 100% my pick for game of the year.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
First successful run was number 19 with the spear. I don't know what it is, but I don't love any weapon's full attack set. Well, maybe the shield. All the others have something annoying to me.

Still love the game, though, and like grinding it.

Tips for getting good with the bow? I really dislike it's move set and seem to stall hard in Elysium on bow runs due to so many enemies that close distance very fast.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my two best bow runs were rapid with a bunch of lightning buffs and one where a i had the special buffed like crazy. Chill, extra damage, bonus for each consecutive hit. I was just special one shorting everything.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I finally beat the game tonight. The ending (even though the games continues) is pretty awesome. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it's really well done. I also finally beat him with the bow with the rapid shot (makes the bow a pretty damn good weapon). I also beat him again with Guan Yu, and I set a personal best on a speed run with the fists. I had all kinds of legendary boons and upgrades from Poseidon, Demeter, and Dionysus that I was just a wave of water and fists. Did the entire run in just around 19 minutes. I will probably keep grinding the game for awhile still, although I'm kinda bummed that I'm near the ending. I still haven't gotten Achilles' companion, nor Thanatos', so I will probably keep going until I do. I can also keep upgrading my weapons. Damn, I wish there was an expansion pack planned for this game.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
saw this in youtube comments, haven't tried it;

You can quit after buying anvil in Styx to undo the purchase. What you get is seeded, but will reroll Dae. boons gained/lost if you ”do” something else first (shop/clear corridor)