Hades (Supergiant Games)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Alternatively if it's a boon you can check what the seed rolled and if it has a dash or special that's better for a different god or weapon you can quit, swap, and game it that way.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Beat it on run 27, firs try after unlocking the Aspect of Poseidon on the sword. Dislodging your cast with the special is nuts so I went for the +1 cast from Chaos and then got True Shot. The star of the show was Quick Recovery; did not understand how powerful it was until I started using it.

Oddly enough, I beat the game again on the next run with the shield and really did not think it was going to go anywhere heading into Asphodel.

First win hades.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got my last achievement last night. It took like an extra 10 hours because I never knew that I had to talk to Bouldy to advance Sisyphus storyline. Then even after that, and despite I had every other god at max favor, it still took Nyx and Meg like 20 runs to let me lift his curse or whatever.

My mvp weapon turned out to be the gun with eris. Still think every spear is trash

hadesfinal.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Got my last achievement last night. It took like an extra 10 hours because I never knew that I had to talk to Bouldy to advance Sisyphus storyline. Then even after that, and despite I had every other god at max favor, it still took Nyx and Meg like 20 runs to let me lift his curse or whatever.

My mvp weapon turned out to be the gun with eris. Still think every spear is trash

View attachment 313355

I don't now why you think every spear is trash. Quan Yu is uber powerful with the right build. In fact, it's probably my second favorite weapon behind just the rail gun with Eris.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't now why you think every spear is trash. Quan Yu is uber powerful with the right build. In fact, it's probably my second favorite weapon behind just the rail gun with Eris.

Prob because every spear is way under powered compared to every other weapon

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Prob because every spear is way under powered compared to every other weapon

Then you don't know how to use Guan Yu. I cleared the entire game in under 20 minutes with the spear, faster than any other weapon in the game.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
My fastest was 16minutes with shield fists and on that run it made me do 3 doors in Styx. Prob woulda been sub 15 if just had a 2 door run

Guan Yu sucks because the spear sucks in general and the "bonus" you get from Guan Yu certainly doesnt make up for that fact. Its power is very comparable to every other weapon, you get extremely reduced hp, it takes a shit ton of titan bloods to even make it remotely viable, and the lifesteal is almost insignificant on the more difficult encounters. All of the spears are underwhelming at best

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The weapon mod that makes thrown spears explode is possibly the strongest thing in the game.

Trying to melee with the spear is pretty ass though.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My fastest was 16minutes with shield fists and on that run it made me do 3 doors in Styx. Prob woulda been sub 15 if just had a 2 door run

Guan Yu sucks because the spear sucks in general and the "bonus" you get from Guan Yu certainly doesnt make up for that fact. Its power is very comparable to every other weapon, you get extremely reduced hp, it takes a shit ton of titan bloods to even make it remotely viable, and the lifesteal is almost insignificant on the more difficult encounters. All of the spears are underwhelming at best
They just had a patch a couple days ago that buffed Guan Yu’s attack damage as well as allowing you to dash between strikes. So I don’t think we were the only people that weren’t fans of it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game is pretty tits. I played it not thinking much and fucking 9 hours later...

Games don't usually do that to me these days. Haven't got past Elysium yet. What is the strategy on getting the bull to hit the columns? I tried dashing through them but he just runs around them. Not really sure how to get him off your ass long enough.

I've come to the conclusion that not getting something that shreds armor can pretty much fuck you by the time you get to elysium. It takes way too long otherwise. I do best with the bow, claws, and gun.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This game is pretty tits. I played it not thinking much and fucking 9 hours later...

Games don't usually do that to me these days. Haven't got past Elysium yet. What is the strategy on getting the bull to hit the columns? I tried dashing through them but he just runs around them. Not really sure how to get him off your ass long enough.

I've come to the conclusion that not getting something that shreds armor can pretty much fuck you by the time you get to elysium. It takes way too long otherwise. I do best with the bow, claws, and gun.

At the start I just remember doing what you said, dashing through / right around them them when he was on my tail. After a few times and more comfort level my strategy completely changed on fighting him and him running in to the statues was no longer a concern.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Started a new save file finally, haven't played since the demeter patch.

Feels like they changed the ability scaling and difficulty a fuckton. I'm ~30 runs in now and Hades fight is basically still impossible. Even prior to him unless you hit the absolute nuts hammer ugprades you just do basically no damage by elysium and every room is a huge slog to clear through.

• 1Truth!

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Had a 15 run streak going till curiosity of borrowing gold from Charon got the better of me. Lol.. this game is great.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started a new save file finally, haven't played since the demeter patch.

Feels like they changed the ability scaling and difficulty a fuckton. I'm ~30 runs in now and Hades fight is basically still impossible. Even prior to him unless you hit the absolute nuts hammer ugprades you just do basically no damage by elysium and every room is a huge slog to clear through.
I haven't got past Elysium yet. But I fucking hate it.

Everything in Elysium is aids and the fights suck... unless you get excellent hammer upgrades and boons like you said.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Elysium is my least favorite as well. I don’t hate it, I just try to pick stuff that will be useful during it like % damage to armor. Hangover dash is great for killing the little chariots, just keep dashing away while your hangover kills them.

I fucking hate the butterfly mobs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I need to get gud. I love the game but rogue-likes are not in my wheelhouse. I need to really focus on the mechanics of getting a build I like and that works, rather than just going full rando every time and slowly crawling towards mirror upgrades. I barely make it to Elysium occasionally, and I am nearly 60-70 runs in.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I need to get gud. I love the game but rogue-likes are not in my wheelhouse. I need to really focus on the mechanics of getting a build I like and that works, rather than just going full rando every time and slowly crawling towards mirror upgrades. I barely make it to Elysium occasionally, and I am nearly 60-70 runs in.
Try to stick to no more than 2 or 3 gods for your boons. If you spread out too much, you won't be offered any legendary, heroic, or duo boons. You also just need to have a little patience with some of the encounters. For instance, the archers in Elysium always shoot 3 shots, so you can start timing them to improve on getting hit. You can also hide behind a lot of the structures to avoid damage, and also use them to inflict damage. Once you start learning attack patterns, the game is really about just getting the right boons that do the most damage, especially any armor damage bonuses. If you have trouble avoiding incoming damage, try to load up on Athena boons. A lot of her boons can shield you from incoming damage, and also give you some damage resistance. I also really like Hermes boons as well, as the faster you become, the less perfect you have to be on avoiding incoming hits.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m still sticking by the feather is a great trinket. While using it I would get 6-7 streaks, I then switched to the boom trinkets to try to do builds and lost every single time. Sometimes badly. Switched back to feather and back to streaking. Being able to completely dodge 1/3 to 1/2 of the big hits from Hades is just too powerful to pass up for me. Maybe if I was really good at avoiding everyone’s attacks it wouldn’t be so good for me.

• 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Try to stick to no more than 2 or 3 gods for your boons. If you spread out too much, you won't be offered any legendary, heroic, or duo boons. You also just need to have a little patience with some of the encounters. For instance, the archers in Elysium always shoot 3 shots, so you can start timing them to improve on getting hit. You can also hide behind a lot of the structures to avoid damage, and also use them to inflict damage. Once you start learning attack patterns, the game is really about just getting the right boons that do the most damage, especially any armor damage bonuses. If you have trouble avoiding incoming damage, try to load up on Athena boons. A lot of her boons can shield you from incoming damage, and also give you some damage resistance. I also really like Hermes boons as well, as the faster you become, the less perfect you have to be on avoiding incoming hits.
This is good advice and this and what Khane said a page or two back really helped me adjust my playstyle.

Also slowing down and being deliberate and not just playing like a fucking spaz helped me out immensely.

• 2Like