Hades (Supergiant Games)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The weapon is coming in the next update (40 days from now). Yea, it's early access so there is still a bunch missing. I'm guessing they are going to add more areas to clear as well. I can't imagine, based on the story that exists thus far, Zagreus's journey ends at the gates of the Underworld.

I'm 40 hours in and still haven't unlocked a single companion. I need a lot more Titan's Blood to upgrade my weapons as well. I think I have 3 aspects maxed and that's it so far.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm about 20 hours in and this may be my new favorite. I haven't beaten a run yet, but I did get to what I think was the end once but had no HP left so I didnt last long. Is it better to try and stick with certain gods boon's like a all Zeus build, all Poseidon or mix and match depending on your weapon? My worst runs always seem to be ones where I just take whatever random boons from random gods I run across, and my most successful run was like a 80/20 Zeus/Poseidon run with the sword.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Dunno how soon “soon” is but I’ve played at least 20 hours over the past six months between releases. It’s very enjoyable.

Khane

I put over 100 hours into early access and that was 2 updates ago. Game is definitely good, now I'm just waiting for the full release to start a new game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ah thought it'd take a bit longer, guess I'll be playing it soon then that's good. Bought it a while ago on EGS cause it was like 5euros with the stupid EGS sales.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This game is so great, I fucking blow and can’t kill hades after like 25 runs but still having a blast with how crazy diverse builds can be

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This game is so great, I fucking blow and can’t kill hades after like 25 runs but still having a blast with how crazy diverse builds can be
For me the easiest combo to win is shield of chaos with hangover on special. Shield is the only weapon that lets you completely mitigate damage.

The rail is also strong with Artemis attack and quick ramping hammer. If you don’t mind slower kills and kiting you can put hangover on attack but i find I’m not patient enough to make that style work and end up taking a lot of unnecessary damage.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Granted its been a minute since I've played this game, a couple months ago Ares' spinning blades would absolutely wreck bosses if you specced into them for damage and cast speed or whatever.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Granted its been a minute since I've played this game, a couple months ago Ares' spinning blades would absolutely wreck bosses if you specced into them for damage and cast speed or whatever.
Guess I’ll have to try it. I’ve only used ares cast once, maybe twice, and found it to be super weak.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I ended up beating it for the first time last night with a bunch of weird Athena deflects + her legendary passive immune ability lmao

Then I beat it 3 times in a row today in heat 1 when I swapped away from the bow, I just wanted to farm titans blood but ended up winning them all lol

Spear is by far the best weapon it seems
Also the +3 dashes boon makes everything waaaay easier

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m glad this is good, looking forward to picking it up. Supergiant took a huge dump with Pyre. At least that is my memory of it after trying to force myself to keep playing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I’m glad this is good, looking forward to picking it up. Supergiant took a huge dump with Pyre. At least that is my memory of it after trying to force myself to keep playing.
Loved Bastion and Transistor. I've got no problem with the $$$ I spent on Pyre that I ended up playing 15 minutes of because I didn't want to play that kind of game :D

Looking forward to Hades, when do people think this thing is coming out?

Khane

Guess I’ll have to try it. I’ve only used ares cast once, maybe twice, and found it to be super weak.

Ares boons are incredibly weak unless you get all of a particular style (either all the boons that increase Doom or all the boons that increase Blade Rift, including the legendary). If you get his legendary + all his spinning blades boons you will melt absolutely everything. Especially if you have the Blade Rift cast + the Artemis Duo.

The problem is you need to get very lucky in any given run for all of that to align. But my god is it strong. Black Metal + Vicious Cycle + Slicing Shot + Hunting Blades is outrageously powerful. And if you happen to get Hermes' Flurry Cast + Auto Reload it's full lol.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Loved Bastion and Transistor. I've got no problem with the $$$ I spent on Pyre that I ended up playing 15 minutes of because I didn't want to play that kind of game :D

Looking forward to Hades, when do people think this thing is coming out?
Next update, so probably august or september or so.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've played Bastion and have Transistor and Pyre. Have Hades on the wishlist. Are all these games as controller-friendly as Bastion was? Playing that with wireless 360 and steam link was very satisfying.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've played Bastion and have Transistor and Pyre. Have Hades on the wishlist. Are all these games as controller-friendly as Bastion was? Playing that with wireless 360 and steam link was very satisfying.
Hades is more enjoyable with a controller for sure. Maybe could use kb/m for the bow and rail gun but definitely isn't necessary for optimal play.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All of them are built for controller use.

• 1Like