Hades (Supergiant Games)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just finished the epilogue. A+ execution the whole way. Really impressed with Supergiant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The VA for Zag sounds like VaatiVidya who does FromSoft videos, keeps tripping me out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
1) Thanks Punko Punko for the gift of the game!
2) I'll try it out over lunch :)
3) Punko Punko just gifted me my first game ever - usually it's me doing it for others - pretty cool bud! :)

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Played a while last night and all morning. Really fun. These guys know how to make a great game even though I give Pyre a hard time.

Still not sure what my favorite build is, and I’m only up to Elysium, but loving the spear.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i have a hard time with the spear, but the gauntlets are amazing. the special attack can get some really great boons that do a TON of damage

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Gauntlets are by far my best weapon. I like aspect of Demeter, Demeter attack, Artemis special, Hermes dodge chance, dodge keepsake. I beat the new extreme measures final boss with all my lives intact.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah gauntlets are just so much better, I had special attack deflect and massive backstab damage was double hitting over and for 3-450 everything else I got was just butter.

Bow is my distant second but requires the right build. Gauntlets just seem strong no matter what.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Bought this game completely blind without reading any reviews or watching any gameplay. Started it up at 9pm and all of a sudden it was midnight. No regrets.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I love the captain America build with the shield toss. That’s my jam.

This game is hard. Only got to the third boss once.

How many bosses/levels are there?

What is your favorite item. I am using the lucky tooth for the extra life.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Switch or PC? Leaning Switch so I can play on the couch. Controller vs. M+KB - how's the controls?

I had the same Struggle. Went pc and stream it to my tv with steam link and a DS4. Works great. Had to dust off the steam link, seems to work better than my last try.

Have you tried the moonlight app? I hear it works well but I gave away my Apple TV.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I love the captain America build with the shield toss. That’s my jam.

This game is hard. Only got to the third boss once.

How many bosses/levels are there?

What is your favorite item. I am using the lucky tooth for the extra life.

I actually did not like the shield but went back to it tonight to get the titan blood and diamond, ended up getting up to the end of Temple of Styx. Think it was a Legendary Special Attack buff for 200% damage, an extra AoE damage when I caught the shield, and a couple other things. Buffs just seemed to either all line up or I’m getting better picking my routes.

Was using Lucky Tooth but switched to Egg for free Chaos portals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just bought this the other day on my Switch. Probably my favorite video game of the year. I can't stop playing it. I just got the gauntlets, though I think so far I like the spear the most. I got the furthest with the spear, but I also got a lot of awesome boons and rarities with it that made me super strong. I also had a few good runs with the shield and the bow. Oddly enough, I think the sword is the weakest weapon in the game. Either that, or I haven't gotten the right build with it yet.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hrmm had to think about it but weapon ranks best to worst is:

Gauntlets
Shield
Bow
Spear
Sword
Cannon

but really it all depends on what upgrades you get, there is a few for the sword that makes it god tier but that can be said about any weapon. I had a cannon build where the special shot hit most of the map multiple times and poisoned on each hit.
This game highs are high where you feel OP as fuck and other times you struggle to kill armored mobs and the lows just feels bad man.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every single weapon has at least one aspect that is S tier. It's all about figuring out what boon/hammer combos work with which different aspects. Poseidon aspect sword for instance works very well with Artemis Cast builds.

They did a really good job with making each weapon unique and powerful in that way.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Every single weapon has at least one aspect that is S tier. It's all about figuring out what boon/hammer combos work with which different aspects. Poseidon aspect sword for instance works very well with Artemis Cast builds.

They did a really good job with making each weapon unique and powerful in that way.

I eagerly await your list of boon & weapon combo rankings.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not sure what you're getting at, you are aware that you can use Titan's Blood to unlock different aspects for each weapon right? For instance, using the Aspect of Guan Yu for the spear and getting Athena deflect boons + Daedalus hammer spin speed and size upgrades makes that weapon braindead easy to use and wipes out entire maps in no time flat while making you nearly invincible.