Half-Life: Alyx

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I gave my Vive to my brother, because I never use it. Call me when a real Half Life FPS is coming out. VR is cool, no doubt, but I quickly learned that I really don't want to spend a lot of time in a headset. It's really fucking hard to drink beer and VR at the same time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Over/under on the VR being you mostly telling DOG to do shit for you instead doing it yourself

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I gave my Vive to my brother, because I never use it. Call me when a real Half Life FPS is coming out. VR is cool, no doubt, but I quickly learned that I really don't want to spend a lot of time in a headset. It's really fucking hard to drink beer and VR at the same time.

I beg to differ. Daezuel Daezuel and I were able to do it for 3 hours once while commanding the USS Budweiser on our PSVR's for Bridge Commander!

• 2Worf
  • 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been threatening to buy a VR set for a couple of years. This will push me over the edge.

And beer through a straw may not be cool, but if you are in a VR set, who cares?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Been threatening to buy a VR set for a couple of years. This will push me over the edge.

And beer through a straw may not be cool, if you are in a VR set, who cares?

Daezuel Daezuel tried to drink his without a straw - he spilled it - all I heard was, "Damn it my beer!" ... Me: "RED ALERT!"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I beg to differ. Daezuel Daezuel and I were able to do it for 3 hours once while commanding the USS Budweiser on our PSVR's for Bridge Commander!
You're just sitting there, though. Try constantly moving around a 100+ sq ft area and finding your drink repeatedly(straws are basically a necessity).

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Over/under on the VR being you mostly telling DOG to do shit for you instead doing it yourself
Uncomfortably high chance.

Everytime I look into VR they are moving away from seated FPS in VR and toward standing experiences with minimal ingame movement.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Uncomfortably high chance.

Everytime I look into VR they are moving away from seated FPS in VR and toward standing experiences with minimal ingame movement.
It's almost solely due to motion sickness. They need to come up with some tech to really overcome that.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's almost solely due to motion sickness. They need to come up with some tech to really overcome that.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Turning a fan on and letting it blow air on me a bit before playing and during play relieved motion sickness for me. I was skeptical it would work but it did.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
PSVR would make me a little sick cause the tracking was terrible. I've never had a issue with my rift thankfully.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It better not suck... I’ve lost a good bit of faith in Valve after TF2/Dota hats, Artifact and even Underlords to a degree.
I got your fuckin back on this one. Cartoon hat sale simulator was a punch in the stomach after TFC.

Dota2 had it's time, then they added that puss in boots character or whatever it was and tried to be more like league with the jumping earth shaker and shit. Haven't played it since, but it started out in the right direction at least.

• 1Picard

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have yet to see a VR game where player movement as a human on two legs isn't complete shit. Has any game come up with a reasonable mechanic?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have yet to see a VR game where player movement as a human on two legs isn't complete shit. Has any game come up with a reasonable mechanic?

It seemed right to me in Zero Caliber VR but I have nothing else to compare it to.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed Red Matter.
I am not a fan of teleport movement systems, i HATE them actually. Red matter lets you have 2 movement methods:
1) control stick movement, this is fine for me, i'd like something better, but this is good enough
2) since the game takes place in low gravity, you have a jet pack, so you aim like a teleport system, but your guy gently lifts and glides to the new point, you can thrust for faster movement if needed. But this makes the movement feel as natural as possible for a VR game. It even feel pretty neat as you glide over a chasm for example.
some areas i'd walk around, then i'd use my jetpack to move up stairs, or levels, or down from areas.
this made the game not feel disconnected, which i enjoyed.

Fucker

Log Wizard
This game is going to be awesome for the 23 people who own VR sets.

• 2Like
  • 2Salty

Terial

Trakanon Raider
This game is going to be awesome for the 23 people who own VR sets.
Dude, get an oculus quest and be done with it. With the Oculus Link coming out by end of year and the ability to play any vr game from the Oculus or Steam VR library, i don't see the issue if you want VR.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Dude, get an oculus quest and be done with it. With the Oculus Link coming out by end of year and the ability to play any vr game from the Oculus or Steam VR library, i don't see the issue if you want VR.

If I wanted one, I'd have one. I don't want one, just like most other people out there. Steams own hardware survey shows 1% of gamers have VR headsets. Why they are making a VR game that most people won't buy is a really strange decision, and even stranger because people want a game in the HL universe and Valve is basically telling everyone to fuck off.

• 1Salty