Half-Life: Alyx

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fact is, VR is still expensive and a lot of it feels gimmicky. But, good VR is awesome.

Baby steps, baby steps.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

March 2020

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They could re-create HL1 in VR and it'd be a huge success, who wouldn't want to swing at head crabs in first person?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks awesome, of course. I'll definitely check it out on the Vive. I just hope it doesn't make my dumbass go out and buy an Index.

Hekotat

I'll have to re-buy a Rift S, atleast I have a few months to do that. Maybe they'll go on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I ain't buying no VR headset for this.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
looks like it's using the same Engine/Tech as Boneworks.
I don't want to buy an Index, but eventually i will buy an Index, and this and Boneworks will be top of my buying list when that day comes.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't see anything in that video that screams it needed to be a VR game. They better add mouse/keyboard controls to the game eventually. I want to play it, but I'm not forking out money for a VR set.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Game looks sick but I'm not buying VR for one game. More excited that they're finally releasing Source 2 tools.. but we'll see if they're limited to only this game or not.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

March 2020

Nice

that looks like basic vr, nothing revolutionary

It looks like ALOT of what is now "basic VR" as you say- but put together and...well... I suppose we will have to wait and see... it does all those things well.

You can tell from the trailer they are trying to show you "This VR gimmick" and "That VR gimmick" with the types of puzzles, and the movement, and the shooting and the stalking bla bla etc etc.

But here IS the thing - putting it all together to it seems natural and once your past the tutorial part (such as cup on the desk on the circle indicator etc.)

If it does all the things and puts them all together well - it will be one of the best VR games and would be a "monument" in the steps of VR moving forward to "Star Trek Holodecks" etc. because as it is now, usualy a game will do one of two of those things decent, or one of them really well etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

It did seem alot smoother than the VR titles I played when it came to movement and interaction with objects.

Caliane

Its bundled/free with Valves VR.

I was going to make a post about how they should bundle it, and Microsoft Flightsim 2020, with their VR device, at a large price drop. A VR Orange box as it will. Two killer VR games, along with a reasonably priced VR system. Boom. get a major install base. But, as you see.. its already bundled at a fuck you pricing.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I wanted one, I'd have one. I don't want one, just like most other people out there. Steams own hardware survey shows 1% of gamers have VR headsets. Why they are making a VR game that most people won't buy is a really strange decision, and even stranger because people want a game in the HL universe and Valve is basically telling everyone to fuck off.
I don't have one because there are no games for VR I want to play.

Hekotat

I used the Rift S and had no complaints, I saw it get some poor reviews but I didn't understand why. From my perspective it was a very solid, easy to use and intuitive system. Maybe the Vive is better but I can't imagine it being 700 dollars better.