Half-Life: Alyx

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a Rift S and while I wish there was more complete games for it I do not regret my decision on purchasing one. I feel like the price point vs quality is just right on it vs a vive or index. For the 300 bucks or whatever it was I have gotten my money's worth in entertainment from it. It's always a blast showing superhot or space pirate trainer or beat saber off to friends that come over too. Once more quality games come out and maybe when I build a new PC I'll consider getting farther into it with the hardware.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This game will have to have Alyx giving you a blow job to make it worth dropping $400 on a headset.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did Metalhead Metalhead just say he invites friends over to play VR and beat their sabers off?

Oh my!
tenor.gif

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I have a Vive and I wish I didn't feel nauseous just looking at it.

I hear they are working on refresh speed apparently helping this, but I am beyond hope. I get the mouth sweats just thinking about the last time I tried to play VR Subnautica. Oh god, excuse me.......

And then my kid gets in there for hours, no adverse affects. Well, he DID do a space walk simulator that made him nauseous so I guess being an astronaut is out.

Edit - anyway, so that means no bueno for me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The game looks awesome, no doubt. I gave my Vive to my brother, because I never used it. I just wish a normal Half Life game was coming out soon...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah same, a traditional game would win me over immediately.

Looks amazing though, too bad I can never play it. I'll watch some gameplays at least just because I'm a fiend for anything half life. Hopefully it shows valve that people actually do still care about that IP.

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty excited for it. I want real developers to make an honest push in to VR so hopefully this leads to more of that. The world doesn't need more traditional shooters and the genre typically pushes tech to that next level. #prayforgabe

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't played a ton of VR stuff, other than some paintball game that was free off Steam (was fucking amazingly fun to play). Wouldn't movement with a little joystick akin to controllers be better than the warp? Or is no joystick due to some technical restraints? I know having both hands open gives additional functionality, especially in this game, but yeah.

edit: nvm, just watched the IGN clip after it and midway through it switched to continuous movement.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't played a ton of VR stuff, other than some paintball game that was free off Steam (was fucking amazingly fun to play). Wouldn't movement with a little joystick akin to controllers be better than the warp? Or is no joystick due to some technical restraints? I know having both hands open gives additional functionality, especially in this game, but yeah.

In most games you can choose either traditional analogue/touchpad movement or you can TP. I would guess that this will be the same.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
All of you buying VR for this are retards.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve played Skyrim and Doom VFR both ways - definitely took a while to get used to continuous movement with a controller in VR, and I’m not typically prone to motion sickness.

• 1Like