Ham vs Turkey

What do you prefer to eat for Christmas?

• Total voters

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Not what I said, and not a smart reply. Of course I season my ham. But, once it's cooked, I take a piece of ham by itself, no other trimmings, and eat it and think, "damn, that's delicious." You can't do the same with turkey. Pick up a piece of turkey, put it in your mouth, and you think, "that would be better with cranberry sauce."
So one thing you add before you cook and another after? It's a process to a finished product. Why does how you get there matter?

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not what I said, and not a smart reply. Of course I season my ham. But, once it's cooked, I take a piece of ham by itself, no other trimmings, and eat it and think, "damn, that's delicious." You can't do the same with turkey. Pick up a piece of turkey, put it in your mouth, and you think, "that would be better with cranberry sauce."
That or gravy, that is true unless its smoked turkey of course.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Finally a proper time to use this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So one thing you add before you cook and another after? It's a process to a finished product. Why does how you get there matter?

No. You add things to both to cook them. One, when finished, tastes good on its own. The other needs gravy and cranberry sauce, regardless of how you cook it. How are you this dense? How can you not understand what I'm saying?

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Uh. You absolutely can cool turkey with juice breasts and amazing thighs if you aren't retarded and can measure temperature with a meat thermometer. Just spatchcock the bird and protect the breasts with the thighs so the white meat doesn't overcook. Fucking heathens

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
No. You add things to both to cook them. One, when finished, tastes good on its own. The other needs gravy and cranberry sauce, regardless of how you cook it. How are you this dense? How can you not understand what I'm saying?
So does your ham not need seasoning? 🤔

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So does your ham not need seasoning? 🤔

Are you retarded? Of course it does. Read carefully:

1. cooking turkey: season it, cook it.
2. cooking ham: season it, cook it.

results:

1. turkey needs something to be tasty after being cooked. Serve with cranberry and gravy.
2. ham is fine after being cooked without further accoutrements. Eat it alone, or put it on sandwiches by itself.

• 1Like
  • 1Slow

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Uh. You absolutely can cool turkey with juice breasts and amazing thighs if you aren't retarded and can measure temperature with a meat thermometer. Just spatchcock the bird and protect the breasts with the thighs so the white meat doesn't overcook. Fucking heathens

Yeah, I've done that, too. Know what tastes better? Virtually every other bird you can cook.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
While we always have turkey for Thanksgiving, it was rare to have either for Christmas. Dad is a chef, so he would cook whatever he felt like that year. steak, seafood, Mexican or some classic French most of the time.

This year it's nothing because both he and my mom have bat flu and I'm just trying to keep them from ending up in the hospital again. Despite growing up working in restaurants with dad, I am a pretty lousy cook.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sounds like that is a personal taste preference.

Maybe. But I know I'm not alone. Turkey is a tradition. If the tradition didn't exist likely no one would buy it. You have to work hard, spatchcock or whatever, to make it good. Or you can roast a chicken, goose, or duck and have it come out awesome. People's loyalty to turkey is remarkable.

• 1Like
  • 1Bullshit

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
We are making a bunch of these for Christmas.

I prefer bone in ham with extra spicy German mustard.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Maybe. But I know I'm not alone. Turkey is a tradition. If the tradition didn't exist likely no one would buy it. You have to work hard, spatchcock or whatever, to make it good. Or you can roast a chicken, goose, or duck and have it come out awesome. People's loyalty to turkey is remarkable.
1000% agree. Same shit every time. There are so many better things to eat but there is still that urge to cook that junk near the holidays. We just normally do it a week or two before just to get it over with.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Are you retarded? Of course it does. Read carefully:

1. cooking turkey: season it, cook it.
2. cooking ham: season it, cook it.

results:

1. turkey needs something to be tasty after being cooked. Serve with cranberry and gravy.
2. ham is fine after being cooked without further accoutrements. Eat it alone, or put it on sandwiches by itself.
You're picking out parts of the meal preparation that fit your narrative.

• 1Slow

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shit thought you were asking what I prefer year round on sandwiches.

I am definitely having again a baked Virginia honey ham for xmas.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Duck is kinda canon here. But I love me some turkey.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Literally takes less time to spatchcock and cook it that way then the old roast it whole...so I guess you lied and haven't done it that way. Also it isn't exclusive to turkey, it is the superior way to roast any bird.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users