Ham vs Turkey

What do you prefer to eat for Christmas?

• Total voters

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Turkey. Ham is for easter. And I don't do fucking easter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Ham is superior in every way. Better by itself, better on sandwiches.

• 1Solidarity

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Turkey haters are sad broken people. Delicious turkey on Thanksgiving, a delicious turkey pot pie with the leftovers, delicious turkey sandwiches with gravy and cranberry sauce. I don't care if Turkey can "stand on its own" because I'm literally never going to sit down for a meal that's just a fucking plate of plain turkey. What a stupid metric.

Christmas, we don't have a traditional meal. Something different every year depending on where we end up.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 7 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I love turkey, but my parents live nearby and I'm forever alone, so I eat whatever they make on holidays. And they dislike turkey. So I always get fucking ham for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Occasionally they do something like lasagna for Christmas, but I haven't had a fucking turkey in forever. Yes, I could make my own, but even a small turkey is too much for one person to eat all the leftovers. I still like ham, and if they are going to offer free food, I'm not gonna turn it down. It's just that I'm biased now because I never have turkey for the traditional holidays.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Should prime rib have been part of this poll? Didn't think it was very mainstream for Christmas.

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It will be cabbage rolls this Christmas (inlaws), but I prefer Turkey

• 1Barf

Fadaar

That guy
Should prime rib have been part of this poll? Didn't think it was very mainstream for Christmas.

whenever we get together with the family, namely one of my uncles, he makes a killer prime rib. i gorge myself into a coma.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I voted for ham, but the lady asked if I could make Ren/State Fair style turkey legs this year so that is what I am doing. We do have some good ham steaks I got from the butcher that I am curing and will smoke however.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Meh we have Beef Tenderloin or Tamles on xmas day.
I do tamales every Christmas morning. Pork and Red, Chicken and Green and a Cheese Christmas Style. With no family around this year I am only making 4 dozen.

• 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Turkey haters are sad broken people. Delicious turkey on Thanksgiving, a delicious turkey pot pie with the leftovers, delicious turkey sandwiches with gravy and cranberry sauce. I don't care if Turkey can "stand on its own" because I'm literally never going to sit down for a meal that's just a fucking plate of plain turkey. What a stupid metric.

Christmas, we don't have a traditional meal. Something different every year depending on where we end up.
Yeah we don't have a traditional Christmas dinner. Everyone picks something and then brings it to my parents house. This year is Ham, Tamales, Brisket, Chicken fried steak, and biscuits and gravy.

• 1Quality Calories

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I've never liked smoked turkey. Dunno why..

• 1Dislike
  • 1Comrade
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You plebes don't eat roast pheasant for your religious holidays?
We do cornish hens. Prime Rib again for Christmas here though. Only good thing about Covid, we don't have to share.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Just ordered smoked turkey. Will report back.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
cook turkey upside down, keeps the breasts moist

edit to add, I'm having slow roasted leg of lamb this year and a gammon joint for boxing day