Hardest Boss Fights (No MMO shit please)

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
For me, the hardest boss ever was the final Dr. Robotnik fight on his spaceship in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. To this day I have never been able to beat him legit.

I could go through the whole game without dying. That fucker absolutely dominated me.

Yes, I'm mad about this.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I got killed a lot in FFX-2 by the end boss of the 100 level dungeon. Fuck that old man.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts was a bitch unless you used a ton of elixirs

tarquinn_sl

shitlord
Ninja Gaiden 2, Jaquio. I've never beaten it legitimately in my life and I've tried many, many times. The only way I beat him was with Save-State option on an Emulator where I tried him about 50 times in a row. I remember the last time I tried as a kid on the NES I got to him without losing any lives and I got him to like 3 life bars left and still full wiped and I got so mad I stomped my foot down on the ground really hard and my Super Mario 3 Cartridge was shattered into pieces.

Hmm I can't remember them all, there's been so much. But there is one fight I remember that busted my balls hardcore. It was in Baldur's Gate 2, and there were many fights in that game which busted my balls, but there was this one big dragon... It took me literally about 15 attempts to finally win. I'm not sure if I was just being a spaz or if maybe I attempted it too early in the game or something, but it was really hard. But I was super determined.

In the end I only won because I did *everything* I possibly could to win. So my rogue I spent like 5 minutes before starting the fight just running around and placing every trap I could place. And then I cast every single buff all my characters could cast, and I popped any potions or wands or whatever else I had that might help. And then when the fight started, I would pause it literally every 1 second, and totally micro manage every movement. I debuffed the dragon with everything I had and then unloaded everything I had on it. Hell of a fight. I couldn't believe it when I finally won, it felt so good, and the mad loots made it even sweeter.

But that was the 90's. You just don't get stuff even close to that anymore. I played all the Mario and Sonic games as a kid, and they were really hard too. Gaming back then was amazing.

p.s. There is also one fight I have never won... There was a game called Best of the Best (also known as Panza Kick Boxing) on PC/SNES/Amiga. I could never beat Andre Panza. He was just such a badass and even when I got all my skills up to his level by beating all the other fighters, that last guy just always won. Frustrating as hell. Best fighting game ever though.

Not hard in the sense that it was terribly difficult to beat, but I remember the final boss of God of War pissing me off. You are forced to use the shitty 2 handed sword that you neglected all game, and all of your awesome powers are gone. It's like reverse Metroid.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts was a bitch unless you used a ton of elixirs
If you had the ultimate weapon it was easy.

Also pro tip that I don't think made it to the interwebs. The spawn's that dropped the pieces needed for the ultimate weapon (the ones you needed to hit with whatever magic was above there heads) the spawn rarity increased whenever you saw one. If you zoned in and killed one then left the zone it would take respawning the zone say two time's to get them to re-appear. Then 4, then 8, then 16 and so on and so on. So farming them normal style made them incredibly long to get. All you had to do was reset your Playstation every time you killed one. I figured this out by complete fluke. I spent days farming those materials, then I figured this out and got the rest in under 30 mins.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you had the ultimate weapon it was easy.

Also pro tip that I don't think made it to the interwebs. The spawn's that dropped the pieces needed for the ultimate weapon (the ones you needed to hit with whatever magic was above there heads) the spawn rarity increased whenever you saw one. If you zoned in and killed one then left the zone it would take respawning the zone say two time's to get them to re-appear. Then 4, then 8, then 16 and so on and so on. So farming them normal style made them incredibly long to get. All you had to do was reset your Playstation every time you killed one. I figured this out by complete fluke. I spent days farming those materials, then I figured this out and got the rest in under 30 mins.
Alternately, you could just cheese him with the fatal crest.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Now I just want to play Kingdom Hearts. WTB new one with Star Wars in it.
frown.png

frown.png

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Mushihime-sama Futari Ultra Mode Last Boss

Yeah, I don't think I will last long enough even to get to this boss

Neki

Molten Core Raider
For me, the hardest boss ever was the final Dr. Robotnik fight on his spaceship in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. To this day I have never been able to beat him legit.

I could go through the whole game without dying. That fucker absolutely dominated me.

Yes, I'm mad about this.
Need more vids

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Jesus watching that video and seeing how fking fast he'd punch after the wink boggles my mind that I beat him at all 20 years ago. Being old sucks.

awfal

Silver Knight of the Realm

This level was a pain in the ass. Most Nintendo games/boss fights were ridiculously difficult, some to the point of being almost impossible to defeat. Games kept getting easier and easier as each next gen console came out.