Hardest Boss Fights (No MMO shit please)

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Cambion twins at the end of Icewind Dale 2. Part of it was that I apparently accidentally skipped an entire side area full of exp; I roll up and they absolutely destroy me. Horrid wilting all over my fucking face, fortitude save for half except they kept casting it on my fucking CLERIC AND DRUID who have the fort saves of level 4 fighters. Down went everyone capable of casting heal spells.

Ended up having to reload an old save, scour the game for areas and monsters I missed, then rolled back in with 2193478239573 scrolls of cure on every character with a decent wis score. Ranger with 15 wisdom? YOU CAN CAST CURE MODERATE, CONGRATULATIONS.

By that point I think my casters were just full of shit like destruction and finger of death, thank christ, and I blew them to little bits. Also, I remember it being super important that I micro-manage every one of those motherfuckers so they were never close to each other for wilting/meteor swarm whatever the fuck else those assholes cast.

Now I want to go play icewind dale again.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Soloed baldurs gate 1+2 as a mage but if you dident know about the scroll of magic immunity then the Demi-Lich would rip your face off even with a entire party

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's funny, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. All the DIFFICULT games I try to think of from my childhood all had tough gameplay, but fairly easy bosses comparatively.

Oh, I've got one. The last boss from Ikari Warriors 2. You disable my infinite lives cheat code and make me use a fucking sword as my weapon? Fuck you dude.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ninja Gaiden 1 - Mostly because if you died, it didn't send you back to the checkpoint...it sent you alllllllll the way back to the beginning of the stage.

Ornstein/Smough from Dark Souls. I struggle on that fight so much.

Szlia

I was going to post about an Actraiser 2 boss that took me and a friend a number of protracted attempts, true battles of attrition, as you have to fight him in a moving field of air-born pyroclasts... but the only video I found was called "a very easy boss" and the guy kills it in 4 seconds flat
frown.png

frown.png

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Four Kings in Dark Souls, especially on the second playthrough. Holy fuck was that fight hard.
The Force Unleashed fight against the star destroyer was pretty fucked, too, but that was serious retardation in design.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I just remembered a couple tough as balls bosses.
Demon's Crest was not easy to finish. I'm not completely sure I ever got the "true ending".

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Probably the hardest fights in gaming for me were in my modded Fallout: New Vegas game. There's a handful of mods that either increase the spawn rate of mobs in the world or add unique armies that travel around and fight each other. I had all of them enabled. Even with a very powerful character you were outgunned and had to be very careful and strategic in your fighting. And when you engaged most forces you needed perfect execution to avoid spending all your resources or dying.

I remember I put the game down and after a few months I tried to play again. I had forgotten so much that it was impossible for me to make any more progress without dying quickly.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I remember the final boss in Double Dragon on the NES was one I never beat. Although I haven't played that game in god knows how long but as a Kid it was one of the NES games I could never beat, no matter how often I made it to the end.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Force Unleashed fight against the star destroyer was pretty fucked, too, but that was serious retardation in design.
I forgot about that one. Annoying as hell. And it really was a design/control issue that made it shitty.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
First boss on the first next gen Ninja Gaiden the first time you fought him. For anyone that finished the game, you probably had a similar experience where he kicked your ass like 20 times but it completely prepared you for the rest of the game and harder difficulties.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Last boss of Demon's Souls. Depending on your weapon / play style, he could be absolutely brutal. He actually kills you AND takes away levels? WTF?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Tyson wasnt bad once you could avoid his rush in the first around.

I still go back every now and again and play it to beat him, but it takes me a while to adjust its a bit harder now days as im 36 and not 13 with insane reactions. I've slowed down some, ok alot.
Yeah this, tyson was hard but pretty sure i was able to beat that game by the time i was 6-8 at 26 i feel old as dirt.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I sucked at console games. I mean, the old, hard ones where you couldn't save. I used to beat the shit out of my NES and SNES, those things are really tough.

The hardest game I ever beat, which I don't think is probably considered particularly difficult, was Bionic Commando. For comparison, I'm not even sure I was ever able to beat the original Mario Brothers, and I couldn't get past maybe the second level of Ninja Gaiden.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I got killed a lot in FFX-2 by the end boss of the 100 level dungeon. Fuck that old man.
Oh, god. I hated that fight, but it only took me a couple tries. Hell, those dragons that randomly pop out at you over the 100 levels killed me more than he did.

Crawmerax in Borderlands, 1 vs 1. Can't even remember how many times I died trying it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, god. I hated that fight, but it only took me a couple tries. Hell, those dragons that randomly pop out at you over the 100 levels killed me more than he did.

Crawmerax in Borderlands, 1 vs 1. Can't even remember how many times I died trying it.
See the problem with using Crawmerax as an example is that it largely depended on whether or not you were a Siren. The first time I ever tried to solo Crawmerax was on my Siren and after a couple runs to finally get the hang of it, I felt that soloing Crawmerax was easy as hell. Have since tried it as both Roland and Mord, and while I managed a few kills with each, it was such a tremendous pain in the ass even using the exploit spot that I just said fuck it and stopped working at it. Actually had 3 pearlescents on my Siren from solo Craw runs.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
From Kingdom Hearts 2. No idea why but it took me forever to figure that shit out.

TMNT 1 on NES. The entire fucking game was "A Boss"