Hardest Boss Fights (No MMO shit please)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
See the problem with using Crawmerax as an example is that it largely depended on whether or not you were a Siren. The first time I ever tried to solo Crawmerax was on my Siren and after a couple runs to finally get the hang of it, I felt that soloing Crawmerax was easy as hell. Have since tried it as both Roland and Mord, and while I managed a few kills with each, it was such a tremendous pain in the ass even using the exploit spot that I just said fuck it and stopped working at it. Actually had 3 pearlescents on my Siren from solo Craw runs.
I played Brick.

It was absolutely stupid difficult. I gave up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kingdom Hearts 2 Proud Mode was a whole new level of rape. I always thought the second Demyx fight was harder than Xigbar because of how easy it was for shit to fuck up the timing.

Charles_sl

shitlord
the only bosses I remember not beating as a child were the optional weapons in FF7. I don't think I beat emerald or ruby, though I didn't exactly keep at it because they were indeed optional and I've always been kind of a linear player.
This is what I was thinking. I remember I beat one of them, the one that was in the sand I think it was but not the other. I'm sure there must be some strategy to make them simple, or just have a bunch of the good materia I guess.

Also speaking of FF7: I beat the end-game chocobo racing guy with a black chocobo by blocking him from moving past me, I don't remember how I did it but I remember that being pretty tough.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ruby was faceroll easy compared to Emerald. Go into the battle with only one character alive, have that character mime the fuck out out of kotr-hp absorb. Or something like that, it's been years but I remember the easiest way to deal with ruby was having one of your summons linked to hp-absorb. Emerald was a major pita because you had to set up your entire group to chain mime kotr and hope you got enough of them off before he fucked the chain up with air tam storm.

It wasn't hard to win S-class races with a Black Chocobo, it was just faceroll to do it with a Gold Chocobo cause he could sprint through the entire race.

The Boost Guardian in Metroid Prime 2. It made me ragequit the game for awhile. I was actually glad they toned it down a bit for the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Yeah I just looked it up, Ruby Weapon was the one that I killed. I don't remember cheesing it too much though, I think it was more brute force from what I can recall.

As for the chocobo racing, yeah it was easy when you had good chocobos. I beat the guy with the Black Chocobo by blocking him. I don't remember how I did it exactly but I remember it was tricky to repeat, maybe he was pinned against a wall? Either way it wasn't something that was normally done (at least by the people I knew). I have no idea which class it was or what level chocobo I had at the time, lol maybe it wasn't as much of a feat as my 11 year old mind allowed me to believe.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Boba Fett, shadows of the empire. I never got the hang of the jetpack thing, plus I was like 9 when this came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWXLgDRNooo

Oh, and nethack. Have yet to beat that damn game.
There was a way to cheese it. I don't remember ever having to fly around to fight him.

The hardest part of that game was collecting the emblem out of a cog for whatever the hardmode was. (Xizor's Palace)

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Last boss of Demon's Souls. Depending on your weapon / play style, he could be absolutely brutal. He actually kills you AND takes away levels? WTF?
This was the first time I raged the entire game. Didn't have a problem with it until then. You're taking my levels! MOTHERFUCKER!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ornstein/Smough from Dark Souls. I struggle on that fight so much.
I used to say the same - I don't know if they adjusted the difficulty recently, but on my recent (now paused by PS3 failure) return to mess with the DLC I bent them over first try without even breaking a sweat. [And to the person who said Four Kings - I used to consider them the second most difficult right behind Orn and Smough - but again, completely raped them this time without challenge]

Toughest for me would probably be doing the Hellfire Drake in Dark Souls legit though, that was a incredible fight.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Second playthrough 4 kings is the rough one. Its not bad the first time and after the second playthrough you are generally so uberized that you can wail on just about any boss in that game.

And not really a boss fight, but I cannot remember anything more rage inducing than the bike levels in Battletoads.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Emerald weapon for me. Also there was a Shinobi game for playstation that was RETARDED hard. Took me for god damn ever to beat.

I would have to say the hardest and most rage inducing game I ever played though was Rival School on playstation.

That game made me so angry I ripped a controller in half.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Toughest for me would probably be doing the Hellfire Drake in Dark Souls legit though, that was a incredible fight.
It took me a long time to figure out the Hellkite Dragon, but once you do you can kill him 100% of the time at SL1 at 0 risk.

Vaclav

Really James? Talking doing him legit not the snipe him from the far tower and make him suicide nonsense. That was of course laughably easy every time.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, his moveset isn't super deep, it's just super devastating since he isn't affected by boss damage reduction tables or whatever they are. Here's a pretty good cheesy way to do it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEp9xHU3qzo

Btw, didn't they fix the arrow sploit ages back? I don't know.

Vaclav

I take back what I said about Big Red now James - you're absolutely right if you go at him 2H rather than my normals of Sword/Board or Magic builds - he becomes super easy to predict and coax. Aforementioned was with S/B and Magic builds that were VERY complicated to manage him in comparison.

Now Kalameet - just finished platinum on the game, he's still got me stumped. (Restarted a fresh account to Platinum it in "honor" of DS2 being announced)