Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I hope she gets a massive fucking buyout of retard levels of cash and just sells off the IP. Then I hope it gets turned into utter dogshit like Starwars and bombs nonstop.
Bitch has more money than she knows what to do with. I'd rather she just give them the big:
mister rogers middle finger GIF

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bitch has more money than she knows what to do with. I'd rather she just give them the big:
mister rogers middle finger GIF
she does shit no one knows like when biden fucked up afghan pullout, she spent half a million getting women afghan lawyers and family out of there, cuz afghan women, especially lawyers would get super raped

while, who gives a shit about afghans, shes still holding to her values of protecting women, real women.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
As a faithful adaptation of the books, is it just going to retread all of the same material as the movies again then? What's the purpose of that?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only book I felt got butchered in terms of some cool shit for the movies was Half Blood Prince. There were more Voldemort interactions shown there that were kind of neat.

This will be DOA. Harry will be gay and hermione will be a sassy black girl.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
As a faithful adaptation of the books, is it just going to retread all of the same material as the movies again then? What's the purpose of that?
There was very little left out of the movies and the movies were as faithful as an adaptation could reasonably be.

There's just a lot of sitting around in Griffindor Tower, some Quidditch matches and a lot more to most of the Dursley scenes.

Like Caeden said, there may be an extra couple of Voldemort backstory scenes 6 years in lol. But you get Black Hermione and gay Harry in exchange.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The only book I felt got butchered in terms of some cool shit for the movies was Half Blood Prince. There were more Voldemort interactions shown there that were kind of neat.

This will be DOA. Harry will be gay and hermione will be a sassy black girl.
The later into the series you go, the more that gets cut, since they were still being written as the movies were being produced, so if I remember correctly a lot of what was cut was minor things from early books that didnt make the movies, that blossomed into bigger things later in the books, but stayed out of the movies.

Using the same music, visual of the castle, font for the title card, etc, screams that WB paid a lot for these rights, the Fantastic Beasts movies shit the bed, and the OG kids dont want to come back to do the Cursed Child, so we gotta mine the IP back where it all began and hope for the best.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Order Of The Pheonix and Goblet of Fire were ripped to shreds to make those movies. at least half the cool stuff was left on the cutting room floor. they could have made 4 movies from those two. if those kids had stayed young, then they probably would have.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Order Of The Pheonix and Goblet of Fire were ripped to shreds to make those movies. at least half the cool stuff was left on the cutting room floor. they could have made 4 movies from those two. if those kids had stayed young, then they probably would have.
The book sizes doubled like after Azkaban.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A different take on Rings of Power. You had some mega successful movies they're going to carefully retread.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the movies were butchered after Prisoner of Azkaban because the books were huge. An entire season of the latter books will be cool but I imagine the earlier books theyll be struggling to fill in time.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The books got fucking long. There are some scenes that could hit better. Maybe they could get a consistent tone throughout or so. Maybe you get some of the actual backstory acted out. I remember a lot of Order being whiny bullshit.

All in all those movies did a fantastic job at adapting. Maybe it won’t be black hermione and gay Harry. Maybe she learned her lesson. The new WB boss might force it. But then they just released a trailer calling their top licensed draw (Batman) a fascist, so maybe there’s zero hope.

Maybe they’ll just make all the weasley’s black so they can keep up the meme with Ginny.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The books got fucking long. There are some scenes that could hit better. Maybe they could get a consistent tone throughout or so. Maybe you get some of the actual backstory acted out. I remember a lot of Order being whiny bullshit.

All in all those movies did a fantastic job at adapting. Maybe it won’t be black hermione and gay Harry. Maybe she learned her lesson. The new WB boss might force it. But then they just released a trailer calling their top licensed draw (Batman) a fascist, so maybe there’s zero hope.

Maybe they’ll just make all the weasley’s black so they can keep up the meme with Ginny.
they're still going to have the same problems as the movies. if they start with age appropriate children, then they will have to fast track each book into separate seasons without spending a few seasons on just one. possibly they could make enough episodes to cover everything in Phoenix or Goblet. thats going to be interesting to see. these kids are going to be put to the test. even at 14 when Goblet starts filming.

• 1Like