Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Key is to churn out years 1-4 fast. 5-7 can slow. Easy to pass a 19 year old as 16-17.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Crazy how popular this still is. 26 years after the first book was published and people still love it. I hadn't been to a Barnes & Noble and I was floored when I saw how much Harry Potter merchandise they have. JK gets a cut of every single thing sold. I don't know what her cut of Hogwarts Legacy is, but it has to be massive. And you know they are working on a sequel, so she's going to make mad cash on that, too.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crazy how popular this still is. 26 years after the first book was published and people still love it. I hadn't been to a Barnes & Noble and I was floored when I saw how much Harry Potter merchandise they have. JK gets a cut of every single thing sold. I don't know what her cut of Hogwarts Legacy is, but it has to be massive. And you know they are working on a sequel, so she's going to make mad cash on that, too.
Wait until you hear about this movie from the 70s called Star Wars..

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm betting on Neville being trans.

Starts out as a male, insecure and clumsy like in the movies, transitions into female and becomes confident and badass by the end.

Perfect arc for wokeism, weak when misgender, powerful when properly gendered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
EW went full crack tranny

main-qimg-92abb48ae4f09afef047f0031c6364e2-lq.jpg

• 3Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
With woke hollywood, there's a 50% chance Harry will transition.
I'm betting on Neville being trans.

Starts out as a male, insecure and clumsy like in the movies, transitions into female and becomes confident and badass by the end.

Perfect arc for wokeism, weak when misgender, powerful when properly gendered.
Yes that 100% seems like something the loudly anti-trans Rowling would do. You guys don't sound retarded at all.

Fadaar

That guy

wait really it's that old? i thought it came out after 2000

edit: well fuck me. movie came out in 2001 even, coulda sworn they didn't start til after i graduated HS (2004).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is she in control?
She's an executive producer and has already dedicated a sizable chunk of her fortune to philanthropic works, including a female-only support group for sexual assault survivors that is run entirely out of her pocket because it's not registered as a charity in Scotland. I don't know if she has as much control over the show as she did over the movies, but she wouldn't sell out and let them shit on her legacy.

Keep in mind her desire to protect real women from dickchoppers doesn't make her some kind of arch-conservative or something, I wouldn't be at all shocked to find her being completely on board with blackwashing the Weasley family as long as they were all portrayed by UK blacks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
They've got red hair, is that part even a question? Of course they're gonna be black

The ONLY problem is that of course they have to black Hermione too, which would mean a non-interracial hetero couple and that kind of racist backwards shit is obviously not permitted.

So most like Ron Weasley is also a black chick, but deaf.

Chris

Potato del Grande
She's an executive producer and has already dedicated a sizable chunk of her fortune to philanthropic works, including a female-only support group for sexual assault survivors that is run entirely out of her pocket because it's not registered as a charity in Scotland. I don't know if she has as much control over the show as she did over the movies, but she wouldn't sell out and let them shit on her legacy.

Keep in mind her desire to protect real women from dickchoppers doesn't make her some kind of arch-conservative or something, I wouldn't be at all shocked to find her being completely on board with blackwashing the Weasley family as long as they were all portrayed by UK blacks.
Hmm... the new WB executive appears to be anti-woke too, or at least cancelling unprofitable woke projects like Batwomen.

I assumed that this was an attempt to "fix" Harry Potter like every other franchise outside of Japan is being "fixed".

Would be funny if David Zaslav called J.K Rowling and said that he wanted an even more faithful adaptation to erase woke Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe from history. Sounds too good to be true.

What they should actually do is do a TV show on Year 1-7 for Harry's son and cover the Cursed Child stuff and some new plot lines. Then you can have original cast cameos or even full time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only casting rumor I’ve read that will rustle your jimmies is Blair Underwood as Dumbledore.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm... the new WB executive appears to be anti-woke too, or at least cancelling unprofitable woke projects like Batwomen.
He's a Hollywood early lifer who cancelled two other Scooby Doo projects but thought nothing was wrong with Velma.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
She's an executive producer and has already dedicated a sizable chunk of her fortune to philanthropic works, including a female-only support group for sexual assault survivors that is run entirely out of her pocket because it's not registered as a charity in Scotland.

Also something post-pandemic, taken from her website:

1681583534451.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only casting rumor I’ve read that will rustle your jimmies is Blair Underwood as Dumbledore.

Tom Felton coming back as Lucius Malfoy is cool anyway. Adam Driver as Snape is great but I'm skeptical he will sign the commitment.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Tom Felton coming back as Lucius Malfoy is cool anyway. Adam Driver as Snape is great but I'm skeptical he will sign the commitment.
Driver looks the part, but does he have Alan Rickman's hateful charisma? Driver is more of a brat, at least thats howhe was in the Disney Star Wars films.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
They should work an extra plot point in like Legend of Zelda being history repeating, or Final Fantasy 7 remake where Sephrioth is aware of it being a remake.

Like the prophecy from Order of the Phoenix is footage of the original movies in memory form, Trelawny tells Dumbledore who is now trying to make changes to get a better outcome.