HDTVs

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
costco will be selling LG C1s starting Oct 27th at a further discounted price. Best Buy and Target match Costco if they are in the same area. Sale goes on till Nov 21st

Sizes:
48" - $1,099.99
55" - $1,299.99
65" - $1,799.99
77" - $2,999.99
83" - $4,999.99

Best Buy is a good one to buy from, since their warranty package (expensive) for 5 years or w/e covers burnin, while the other places do NOT cover burn in.

FWIW my 5 year old B7 finally started developing burn in this year in the last month, after nearly 18k hours being on. Good trade off, I'm going to likely buy a new 77 next month.
Are these going to be the same C1s as everywhere else? I thought I read somewhere that Costco TVs are usually a bit different somehow when I was shopping for a new TV.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Are these going to be the same C1s as everywhere else? I thought I read somewhere that Costco TVs are usually a bit different somehow when I was shopping for a new TV.
My understanding is that they are the same model specs but go by a different code (CJ1 or CJ) simply to differentiate from big box stores and prevent price matching.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just was emailed by Greentoe, they’ve reduced the price on the QN90A 85” to $3149 with the most recent price drop. In case anyone is interested in this Tv.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Pulled the trigger on the 77'' Sony A80J. Comes Sunday. Let's see what it's working with. No professional calibrators over my way, so will have to venture into the forums.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Pulled the trigger on the 77'' Sony A80J. Comes Sunday. Let's see what it's working with. No professional calibrators over my way, so will have to venture into the forums.
Congrats on your purchase. The AVS settings thread for the 80J should be of help. You also have one of the best calibrators in the US active on the forums Dwayne Davis (D-Nice) who really pushes a set to the limit with his settings. Only think he posted settings for the A90J, but I could be wrong. Overall this years A80J/A90J out of box calibration is above the rest, with the exception of Panasonic who is always at the top.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So i picked up the 65 inch A90J yesterday and im pretty blown away. Despite going from a C9 to that in the bedroom and them both being OLED i was surprised by how much better the picture looked. I had pondered getting the C1 for its gaming features since i have a CX in basement for my PC gaming but i kept being told Sony picture quality is superior to LG, and i did not believe it.

Well i am a believer now for sure, first thing i did was fire up Dune and then Infinity War. I placed the Hue Gradient strip on the back and am quite pleased overall with the performance of them both.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
How did you like it? The out of the box color and quality is quite nice - i got mine yesterday and got a TV stand for it since it would naturally be too low for the Sonos Arc as i prefer not to wallmount.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
How did you like it? The out of the box color and quality is quite nice - i got mine yesterday and got a TV stand for it since it would naturally be too low for the Sonos Arc as i prefer not to wallmount.
Will report back, have it in the box presently. Wife is unable to lift anything, so waiting on someone to help me place it on the wall mount. I have a whole philips hue system in the back den area so I'm expecting this to a great upgrade from the B7A.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Will report back, have it in the box presently. Wife is unable to lift anything, so waiting on someone to help me place it on the wall mount. I have a whole philips hue system in the back den area so I'm expecting this to a great upgrade from the B7A.
my wife is so worthless at helping, that this time when i wall mounted the 75, i went and bought the mount that extends 2ft out
5aac42a429d370958c2c627bc2b7f474.png

it was like 1000x easier than using the old style, hang on a rail type
d7cf92b81931d284e83088e8dd6c8352.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
my wife is so worthless at helping, that this time when i wall mounted the 75, i went and bought the mount that extends 2ft out
5aac42a429d370958c2c627bc2b7f474.png

it was like 1000x easier than using the old style, hang on a rail type
d7cf92b81931d284e83088e8dd6c8352.png
The hang type have always sucked

spronk

FPS noob
Costco prices are live now and you can PM them most places, I plan on swapping my 5 year old B7 (donate) for a new 65 C1 today. Have a 77 CX (2 years old) in living room but I'm gonna stick with that, no burnin and the 83 is gonna be at an attractive price in 2 years I think ($5k right now on sale).

The 65 price is pretty nuts, $1800 and includes 5 year warranty (no burnin), and some extra crap like free wireless buds, $100 in HBO max credit, and $100 in ?something else? credit.

be interesting to hear long term experiences for those with the Sony OLED, I considered it but the few brief notes I read said the Sony OLED sucks for console gaming, lots of problems with VRR, crushed blacks, Dolby Vision.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Best Buy is coming to look at the burn in for my 65 Friday. Hoping I get a C1 out of the deal :) B7A from 2017 and I bought the 5 year warranty. Being the price for the C1 is 1899 I am hoping they replace it with that since I paid 2299 for the B7A back then. New OLED, HDMI 2.1 - woot. If they stick me with the A1 that will suck, or replace the panel lol that would really suck.

If that happens though and I get a C1, I am going to need to upgrade my receiver to HDMI 2.1 or run eArc which I do not want to do. HDMI 2.1 receivers still seem hard to find.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Costco prices are live now and you can PM them most places, I plan on swapping my 5 year old B7 (donate) for a new 65 C1 today. Have a 77 CX (2 years old) in living room but I'm gonna stick with that, no burnin and the 83 is gonna be at an attractive price in 2 years I think ($5k right now on sale).

The 65 price is pretty nuts, $1800 and includes 5 year warranty (no burnin), and some extra crap like free wireless buds, $100 in HBO max credit, and $100 in ?something else? credit.

be interesting to hear long term experiences for those with the Sony OLED, I considered it but the few brief notes I read said the Sony OLED sucks for console gaming, lots of problems with VRR, crushed blacks, Dolby Vision.
LG makes the panels for both the C1 and the A80/90J which is pretty hilarious. Kroenen made some fabulous posts a little earlier in the thread, I think for gaming the C1 is the easily the right selection. I've gotten away from gaming on my big screen (apart from the switch) and have found the Sony to be an excellent TV. It does come out of the box in excellent shape. I have an amazingly hilarious story about my 77'' i'll hopefully be able to tell here in a week or so (want to clear the issues with my big box retailer first).

• 1Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum

Wrote about it a couple of pages back, it's the mediateck chipset that fucks it up for Sony and Panasonic OLED's, if you are into full VRR gaming. So if you are a gamer and wants an OLED the LG should be your choice!

• 1Truth!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

LG is good for the gaming but for pure entertainment the Sony is better and cost the same as the C1 - since i have totaltech i got free(ish!) 2year coverage with my A90J - the A80J cost same as the C1 tho and its hard to imagine better picture than the LG but Sony manages it still

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Do you guys get burn in from gaming or just normal tv/movie watching?
My understanding is that 3-5 years ago it was a much bigger issue. I tried to search all over for some sort of proof of burn-in from a recent OLED and couldn't find anything that made it a concern for me. My 2016-2017 B7A developed horrible banding, but never had burn-in and I used it as a PC monitor for a full year.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
My understanding is that 3-5 years ago it was a much bigger issue. I tried to search all over for some sort of proof of burn-in from a recent OLED and couldn't find anything that made it a concern for me. My 2016-2017 B7A developed horrible banding, but never had burn-in and I used it as a PC monitor for a full year.

Both Linus at LinusTech and Wendell at Level1Techs are starting to have problems with their CX units used as desktop displays.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Both Linus at LinusTech and Wendell at Level1Techs are starting to have problems with their CX units used as desktop displays.

Their use case is special - i have no burn in on my CX48 i use for gaming but i also dont keep much static images sitting around either. Webpages stay on my second screen and only the game remains on the primary. I also dont do long gaming sessions anymore beyond perhaps the 3hr mark.

Basically using an OLED on a PC means you need to approach how you use the display more cautiously. I also make sure i turn off the screen if im going to be away from it longer than 10 min.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users