HDTVs

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ffs, just bought a new PC and same weekend my 2016 OLED develops a vertical line of glitched pixels

Probably gonna get a 65" LG G3

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone have experience with a vertical adjustable tv mount? I want to get one for my office and with the setup I have, I want to be able to raise it when I'm at my desk so it's above my monitor/within my field of vision, but lower it when my kids or I are in there playing video games or something.

Something like this that isn't $500

Height Adjustable TV Wall Mount | Glide HD | Ergotron

Maybe this from Amazon but I don't want it to come forwards when I lower it

Curious to see if anyone has a similar setup and has something they like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone have experience with a vertical adjustable tv mount? I want to get one for my office and with the setup I have, I want to be able to raise it when I'm at my desk so it's above my monitor/within my field of vision, but lower it when my kids or I are in there playing video games or something.

Something like this that isn't $500

Height Adjustable TV Wall Mount | Glide HD | Ergotron

Maybe this from Amazon but I don't want it to come forwards when I lower it

Curious to see if anyone has a similar setup and has something they like
Its been a few years since Ive looked at them, and I'll let you know if I can think of the brand - but I saw it at a financial planning office and it was all stainless steel. Moved to the position you wanted it, up, down, tilt to the sides, in and out, could twist the TV in a circle, all without some hinge motion which would extend your tv outward if you moved it in a direction. I just recall looking it up and it was 350-400 and my budget for a TV mount was no where near that. Point of my post is that, though. The nice ones are highway robbery and I doubt they've gotten any cheaper.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its been a few years since Ive looked at them, and I'll let you know if I can think of the brand - but I saw it at a financial planning office and it was all stainless steel. Moved to the position you wanted it, up, down, tilt to the sides, in and out, could twist the TV in a circle, all without some hinge motion which would extend your tv outward if you moved it in a direction. I just recall looking it up and it was 350-400 and my budget for a TV mount was no where near that. Point of my post is that, though. The nice ones are highway robbery and I doubt they've gotten any cheaper.
I’m starting to realize what I want is way too much for a tv mount so might just figure something else out.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I’m starting to realize what I want is way too much for a tv mount so might just figure something else out.
you think about a ceiling mount? i use it for my den above garage, but, that shit ain't moving up or down

• 1Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sony A80L or LG C3 for purely movie watching? I have a solid surround setup so the garbage tv speakers are a non-factor.

I got the A80.

Last edited:

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let us know how it goes. Does the Sony use Google TV for its OS?

Yeah, it’s a Google TV. I haven’t used any of the native apps, but the remote has a Crunchyroll button which seems odd.

So far zero complaints. Calibration was straightforward. It’s a huge step up over my old X900F that died. Dredd, Red Dawn, Live Die Repeat, and Top Gun Maverick were all visually amazing. Battle: Los Angeles upscaled really well.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got the c3 and something feels off. Are there recommended settings, just using it for sports and streaming

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Just got the c3 and something feels off. Are there recommended settings, just using it for sports and streaming
Flowmotion or motion smoothing might be on. Should be able to turn that off fairly easily if you swap to technicolor expert for basically everything. Otherwise poke around in the settings and disable that junk.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So I'm in the market for a new TV as we moved this year and our living room setup is much farther from the TV with more wall space than we had before. I just browsed around Costco thinking that I'd get a 55-65'' LCD, but holy fuck the OLEDs look purdy. I didn't want to triple my budget, though...

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So I'm in the market for a new TV as we moved this year and our living room setup is much farther from the TV with more wall space than we had before. I just browsed around Costco thinking that I'd get a 55-65'' LCD, but holy fuck the OLEDs look purdy. I didn't want to triple my budget, though...

If you value picture quality then get an oled

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What do you do with it? OLEDs are gorgeous, but TBH I don't really see the value for the price jump unless you're actually a cinemaphile or a watch a ton of 4k content and pay for cable/sat or whatever. Animated shows, upscaled stuff, old movies, etc. don't really seem to matter much. We don't do console gaming, sports or modern movies on the TV that much so we passed this last time and got a bigger LCD at 1/3 the cost.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
What do you do with it? OLEDs are gorgeous, but TBH I don't really see the value for the price jump unless you're actually a cinemaphile or a watch a ton of 4k content and pay for cable/sat or whatever. Animated shows, upscaled stuff, old movies, etc. don't really seem to matter much. We don't do console gaming, sports or modern movies on the TV that much so we passed this last time and got a bigger LCD at 1/3 the cost.

We honestly don't use it that much. Some gaming on weekend mornings, movies a couple times a month usually 1080p from my media server. It's definitely not worth the extra money, it was just the first time I saw a non-phone OLED in person and was impressed. Biggest factor would honestly be the viewing angles. I have a wide living room now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
We honestly don't use it that much. Some gaming on weekend mornings, movies a couple times a month usually 1080p from my media server. It's definitely not worth the extra money, it was just the first time I saw a non-phone OLED in person and was impressed.
Yea they are really nice, though in some respects they've made TVs just to play that looping nat geo demo video...

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We honestly don't use it that much. Some gaming on weekend mornings, movies a couple times a month usually 1080p from my media server. It's definitely not worth the extra money, it was just the first time I saw a non-phone OLED in person and was impressed. Biggest factor would honestly be the viewing angles. I have a wide living room now.

How bright is your living room? OLED isn’t as bright as LED, so that might be another consideration. Viewing angle won’t mean much if the OLED is getting washed out by large picture windows.

I went OLED because I have a massive Blu-ray and 4K collection, and my theater room has no windows. In your scenario I’d probably go LED as long as the viewing angle requirements aren’t absurd, but that’s something you can check in a store.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

This is on sale for under 900 right now.
sweats.gif

• 1Worf