HDTVs

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So I’m planning on buying this 55” TCL P607 TV off amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y6FSV5Q?tag=rtings-tv-bm11b-20&ie=UTF8

Did a double check for pricing before buying it and I found this P605 model at Best Buy for $50 less.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...dynamic-range-roku-tv/5878705.p?skuId=5878705

From what I can see, the only difference between these two is a better remote on the P607. The specs on the TCL website for the two appear to be identical. Is there anything else I’m missing that I should be looking for?

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Did a double check for pricing before buying it and I found this P605 model at Best Buy for $50 less.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...dynamic-range-roku-tv/5878705.p?skuId=5878705

From what I can see, the only difference between these two is a better remote on the P607. The specs on the TCL website for the two appear to be identical. Is there anything else I’m missing that I should be looking for?

Appears you're right but heres a review of the P607 TCL P Series 2017 P607 Review (55P607) and a line from the review... The TCL P605 offers the same performance and picture quality, but has a different remote.

Also, it appears there is an issue with local dimming on both sets until you upgrade the firmware so make sure you do.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Depends on if you want to take a chance with shipping from a LG retailer in New Jersey. A company called Beach Camera will sell you it for $2200.03 out the door, including shipping, no tax. You have to call for this price. You can then price match with a fraudulent website with your credit card (I used chase). The rebate gets sent to you in the mail bringing the total price down to $1700.00.

I’ve done this myself and can report I had no issues and a beautiful TV. I believe at least one or two others have also done this method. Seems sketchy, but is legit. If interested, go back 5-8 pages and you’ll see the entire history of my transaction and our discussion on it.

The 65” B7A is the best tv I’ve ever owned and I paid less than a top of the line 65” LED 3 years ago.

Best of luck, I understand if you wanna go with a local retailer and that makes sense to me, but there is a deal to be had.

Thanks for the reply. Yea, that going to make it a hard choice. I'm just wondering if the extended warranty is needed. I had a Samsung TV die on me a year after purchase so now its something that sits in the back of my mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ortega

Vyemm Raider

I got the P605 last week. I definitely recommend a sound bar at a minimum, but other than that I am very happy. Don't freak when you first get it going because the settings were terrible! Once I changed the video mode and adjusted the settings things were looking much better.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I got the P605 last week. I definitely recommend a sound bar at a minimum, but other than that I am very happy. Don't freak when you first get it going because the settings were terrible! Once I changed the video mode and adjusted the settings things were looking much better.

Yeah, we ended up picking up the 605. You're definitely right in that the sound could use a little help. We fiddled around with the other settings for a bit, but I'll probably look for a calibration guide for it somewhere. We christened it by watching Mad Max Fury Road in 4K glory. Goddamn, it was pretty.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, we ended up picking up the 605. You're definitely right in that the sound could use a little help. We fiddled around with the other settings for a bit, but I'll probably look for a calibration guide for it somewhere. We christened it by watching Mad Max Fury Road in 4K glory. Goddamn, it was pretty.

Super pissed they cancelled the 60+ inch version of this TV; I have heard that your version is the best value TV on the market right now.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If you have a Fry's electronics you can apparently go in and pick up a 55" LG OLED B7A for $1200 and a 65" for $1800, starting today if you have the Fry's promo code for today. Its the price the TVs will be on black friday but I guess they set the price in the systems today
LG OLED 55B7A $1199 or 65B7A $1799 Fry's Black Friday, not "2016 model"
Frys.com Email Campaign 11.24.17!

Fuck me some of the prices on display here - I literally JUST bought the Arlo Pro camera deal for the house, this has 2 cameras and the base for $170!! FUCK!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Looking at some of the Black Friday prices on LG's OLED TV's the discounts are huge. Like really huge. Some are almost half price.

Seems to me that's because LG knows competition is going to be entering the market soon and prices will be coming way down.

spronk

FPS noob
Got the Fry's B7 55", couldn't pass at $1200. Awesome thing is in my state Fry's covers the taxes on certain TVs, LG included, so that saved another ~$100. Its a pretty sweet TV especially on Xbox One X, although the remote control and UI feel way more clunky and scattered than Samsung. Now i gotta spend today tweaking settings and calibrating and shit.

And yeah I imagine a whole crop of awesome TVs is gonna hit next year, I go to CES every year and see em up close but most of the time they just highlight shit no one really buys like 8K TVs was big last year but who the fuck has an 8k TV or even content.

The 55" LGB7A model they are selling is a slight variant of the regular B7 and C7, the B7 doesn't have Dolby ATMOS support itself but it passes ATMOS through to receivers and soundbars so if you are using external sound (and who wouldn't?) the difference is non existant. Some people say its also using slightly cheaper components as black friday sales item but I guess we'll see. Not sure if I should get a squaretrade warranty on it, the only times TVs have gone bad on me is after 3 years anyways.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got the Fry's B7 55", couldn't pass at $1200. Awesome thing is in my state Fry's covers the taxes on certain TVs, LG included, so that saved another ~$100. Its a pretty sweet TV especially on Xbox One X, although the remote control and UI feel way more clunky and scattered than Samsung. Now i gotta spend today tweaking settings and calibrating and shit.

And yeah I imagine a whole crop of awesome TVs is gonna hit next year, I go to CES every year and see em up close but most of the time they just highlight shit no one really buys like 8K TVs was big last year but who the fuck has an 8k TV or even content.

The 55" LGB7A model they are selling is a slight variant of the regular B7 and C7, the B7 doesn't have Dolby ATMOS support itself but it passes ATMOS through to receivers and soundbars so if you are using external sound (and who wouldn't?) the difference is non existant. Some people say its also using slightly cheaper components as black friday sales item but I guess we'll see. Not sure if I should get a squaretrade warranty on it, the only times TVs have gone bad on me is after 3 years anyways.
I got the 55" C6A recently from Frys on open box, for about $1200 and I'm extremely happy with it. I imagine the next year's model is even better?

One issue I have is Hulu will start stuttering after a while like there is a memory leak or something. I assume at some point the app will get updated. As for the remote, I LOVE the Wii style remote point feature. Makes shit so easy.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
So this is 2300 for me at best buy. Is this the best bang for the buck right now in the $2k(ish) 65 inch range for this season? Been like 8 years since we've upgraded probably about time.
I read LG added an additional discount to the TV this week which puts it at $2300 until cyber monday. I'm hoping BB will discount it some more for black friday. If theres a Fry's near you, thats going to be the best deal I've seen unless you go the price match route with the credit card company. Theres no Fry's in Florida =(

Funny story... So my wife has been saying why do you we need a TV ours is fine. So i'm trying to explain OLED to her and I just get the deer in the headlights look. I take her to BB to check out the TV and I get "oh wow...I get it now, its impressive."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I read LG added an additional discount to the TV this week which puts it at $2300 until cyber monday. I'm hoping BB will discount it some more for black friday. If theres a Fry's near you, thats going to be the best deal I've seen unless you go the price match route with the credit card company. Theres no Fry's in Florida =(

Funny story... So my wife has been saying why do you we need a TV ours is fine. So i'm trying to explain OLED to her and I just get the deer in the headlights look. I take her to BB to check out the TV and I get "oh wow...I get it now, its impressive."

i'll pay a few hundred more to not deal with black friday nonsense. Will likely wait until early / mid december. Everything i've read says deals around then are as good as if not better then black friday.

Would you say this one is the best bang for the buck right now?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
This is my plan... Go on BB.com click buy/finance and have it delivered to mi casa.

Edit: Yes, Its one of the best deals I've seen for the TV

spronk

FPS noob
LG had a new OLED plant go online a few months ago so you'll probably see deep discounts on their OLED sets next year too as they crank out units.

I bought the Fry's deal today, $1200 out the door for a 55" B7A and it looks great hooked up to consoles and my PC.