HDTVs

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And it's the best looking TV on the market. Beautiful picture. You'll love it forever.

It's a shame that LG no longer offers their OLED with 3D capabilities. Mine looks incredible on any 3D movie.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got the OLED 55B7A myself. Finding a soundbar was the harder part since I didn't want to shell out for an ATMOS one. Went with the Sony CT800; hope it doesn't suck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Ended up getting the 65MU9000 because once I want something, I want it right then.
The B7 looked sexy as fuck but would run €1k more here so I noped out of that one. It's not the time for me to own an OLED I guess.

Had fun shoving that piece of equipment up two flights of stairs on my own (thanks wife!). Set it up, found the wall mount to be too high up for it to fit (it's in a small attic-style corner-thing) because with the previous 40" tv space wasn't a problem.

Had to put it on the stand and watch TV on the floor like some kind of 3rd world country hobo. Adjusted wall mount position while wife was drowsing off on the couch. Got my neighbour to help me lift it up to the wall mount the next day and now we're all set.

Bonus: tonight it's the wife's work christmas party so I have it all to myself and it will be glo-ri-ous.

Even without adjusting colour settings or whatever you have to take a look at after unboxing, I'm amazed. It's sexy as fuck.

Coming from a LE40A759R1M though so everything would be sexy as fuck I guess.

Damn the new one barely fit into the car. Almost had to move my seat forward.
Almost.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Man, Amazon third party sellers kinda suck. Ordered TV on black Friday weekend, still isn't here yet. According to tracking, it's been sitting in a delivery terminal for 10 days.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Man, Amazon third party sellers kinda suck. Ordered TV on black Friday weekend, still isn't here yet. According to tracking, it's been sitting in a delivery terminal for 10 days.

You definitely should have had it by now. When was estimated arrival date according to Amazon?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
December 4th, then changed to 8th. It's third party seller AAAA Universal and some place caled AIT worldwide for shipping. Amazon didn't have tracking info itself, just estimated dates and then name of shipping company and a tracking number. Had to go to the shippers site and track there to find the info. Their customer service (and the CS of the seller) have been completely unhelpful.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That sucks. I would call them up and threaten to charge back unless you get some answers.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
That sucks. I would call them up and threaten to charge back unless you get some answers.

Yeah, I emailed the seller and said I'd give the shipping company til the end of the week or I'd be forced to cancel and chargeback the order. Naturally the shipment tracking updated that night (last night) with a line saying they tried to call me and got no answer; of course no one tried to call me. Got a direct number to the local warehouse that does the delivery so that's the next step.

Taught me to not order big box items from 3rd party sellers through Amazon anymore.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I emailed the seller and said I'd give the shipping company til the end of the week or I'd be forced to cancel and chargeback the order. Naturally the shipment tracking updated that night (last night) with a line saying they tried to call me and got no answer; of course no one tried to call me. Got a direct number to the local warehouse that does the delivery so that's the next step.

Taught me to not order big box items from 3rd party sellers through Amazon anymore.

Yeah. I ended up staying away from online on mine and went to BB and also got the warranty (Which covered burn in) I spent about 1k more I am sure. But I wanted to make sure with this purchase that I had all my ducks in a row for support and accountability should something go wrong. Sorry you are going through that. That company sounds like a real pain in the ass to work with, and I cannot stand it when we are forced to hardball with these people as a consumer.

"Sorry can't help you"
"Sorry.... I'll get back to you"

time goes by.

"Either get back to me now or I am charging back the sale"

Three seconds later 15 miraculous things happen.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
... and that's why I never ever buy anything worth more than $10 from third party sellers on Amazon.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It finally got here today at least, and no damage/missing shit. Now to find a good calibration guide and bask in the 4k OLED glory.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It finally got here today at least, and no damage/missing shit. Now to find a good calibration guide and bask in the 4k OLED glory.
\
Ok so make sure to turn on your HDMI ports number 1. Also remember to see my anti lag guide.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
All I'm using are the built in smart apps. Have a ps4 but it isn't pro and I don't game with it much. I've got a fire TV which does 4k/uhd but it doesn't work with my soundbar unless I go Bluetooth I think, so not using it atm.

What I need to do is find a good game setting/calibration guide for the intent to stream from pc to TV with SteamLink.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have one but I’m super busy this weekend. I’ll send it to you Monday if someone else doesn’t get to it first. I used the settings and it’s great. Or I can just write down what I use and see if you like it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users