HDTVs

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
55 to 65" tv for my shop office area. I already have an oled and projector in the house. What should I get? Viewing distance is short, like 5-7 ft.
Just depends on what you’re after. Do you care about price? If not, go lg oled. If you want cheaper but still nice, get their nanocell. If you want cheap as possible, go TCL.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's a fantastic club, isn't it?
I still LOVE my 2016 55" 3D C6 OLED. It's a shame the 3D technology has gone the way of the dodo bird. Otherwise I'd look at a newer version of the same thing. This TV is still glorious. The only negative is the humidity in Hawaii has made the USB connection faulty at best. It works, then doesn't... then continues to not work, then suddenly works once more. But god damn do movies still look great in 3D.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's a fantastic club, isn't it?
I still LOVE my 2016 55" 3D C6 OLED. It's a shame the 3D technology has gone the way of the dodo bird. Otherwise I'd look at a newer version of the same thing. This TV is still glorious. The only negative is the humidity in Hawaii has made the USB connection faulty at best. It works, then doesn't... then continues to not work, then suddenly works once more. But god damn do movies still look great in 3D.
Fuck i forgot 3D TVs were a think. i had an LG 42SL90 or something a long time ago that had 3D and i rarely ever got to use it but i did enjoy it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also just joined the OLED club with a 55" LG CX. It is so much better than my usual Samsung TV purchases, its crazy.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
OLED is just a different beast, its hard to go back to anything else after.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I also just joined the OLED club with a 55" LG CX. It is so much better than my usual Samsung TV purchases, its crazy.

I was 3 Samsung’s in a row prior to this. The last ones panel is going after 4 years. The older ones are still great. I think my dad is going to buy a OLED after seeing mine lol.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was 3 Samsung’s in a row prior to this. The last ones panel is going after 4 years. The older ones are still great. I think my dad is going to buy a OLED after seeing mine lol.
Same. My first one was bought after I finished grad school and got my first real job in 2008. It lasted like 11 years and was 42”. It cost as much as the CX I just bought.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Have you used any of the higher end QLED Samsungs in the past 2 years like the 80 or 90 series?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Have you used any of the higher end QLED Samsungs in the past 2 years like the 80 or 90 series?
I have a Q90 on my bedroom wall, it's a terrific television but not really comparable even to my "dated" B6 OLED from 5+ years ago.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Joined the oled club, just got a 65" Sony A8H. Looking forward to it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm so used to just streaming shit that I forgot how much better a BluRay looks. It's so night and day

• 1Truth!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If you could quantify the difference in an actual 4k vs a 1080p bluray, how much difference does it make to your viewing experience?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If you could quantify the difference in an actual 4k vs a 1080p bluray, how much difference does it make to your viewing experience?
Pretty big difference. However one of the other huge differences is uncompressed audio in Atmos. It’s night and day.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Pretty big difference. However one of the other huge differences is uncompressed audio in Atmos. It’s night and day.

wat

are you saying that 4K discs have an Atmos audio track that is higher bitrate than their equivalent 1080p bluray disc?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Do regular blu ray and/or streaming even have have a full uncompressed Atmos track? Your receiver could do something with whatever it does have but I wasn’t sure if the 4k versions were the only ones that included the actual Atmos TrueHD whatever lossless blah blah, and the 1080p versions just had some Dolby Digital compressed version to fit on the disk.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
4k versions were the only ones that included the actual Atmos TrueHD whatever lossless blah blah, and the 1080p versions just had some Dolby Digital compressed version to fit on the disk.

To the best of my knowledge that is absolutely not the case, hence why I asked him to clarify what he thought.

Admittedly, I don't buy discs but looking on IPT at the Synder Cut 4k rip vs bluray rip - the bitrate of the atmos track on each disc is the same

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
To the best of my knowledge that is absolutely not the case, hence why I asked him to clarify what he thought.

Admittedly, I don't buy discs but looking on IPT at the Synder Cut 4k rip vs bluray rip - the bitrate of the atmos track on each disc is the same

Lossless on Blu-ray. 1080p or 4K. I do not rip or anything of the sort but I do buy discs from time to time. Was just mentioning the distinct audio quality difference between Netflix Atmos (VBR) and lossless on disc.

Now that I read it I should have stated Blu-Ray and noticed he wasn’t talking about streaming from a service.