Headphones & Audio Devices

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Back to the drawing board. Paid for overnight shipping because I was so excited about the Sennheiser GSP 370's, and I got them in today and they don't fit. Like many pairs I've tried they are about an inch to inch and a half too short even when fully extended. :(

Clearly creeping up in the dollars now, but shit this is ridiculous. I understand I have a large head, but after getting apparently so lucky with my Game One's, I didn't think it'd be this hard.

• Logitech G935's - Heavy, and got pretty hot, although they did at least fit over my ears
  • Razer Nari - Amazing sound, but were heavy as hell and by the 2 hour mark were uncomfortable to keep wearing
  • Corsair Void Pro - Didn't fit around my ears very well. One of those where the weird cup shape let them barely fit, but just wasn't right.
  • Corsair HS70 - Worst fitting ones of them all. At least a good 2 inches off from covering my ears.
  • Steelseries Arctis 7 - No adjustable headband, and didn't fit. However they were so close to fitting, and I thought they sounded great, and were overall still comfortable that I almost kept them. I kept thinking I can just bend the alluminum headband to make them fit better.
  • Sennheiser GSP 370 - One's I just got in and don't fit. Again, like many, the ear cups don't come to the bottom of my ears.

20191015_191336.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Looking to get a pair of wireless earbuds. Been looking at reviews, looks like either these:
or these:
they're expensive as all fuck but they look like they do everything. In all the reviews of the Klipsch people reference the "Klipsch sound". I'm not an audio guy, what does that mean?

amazon shit not showing up, added links

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looking to get a pair of wireless earbuds. Been looking at reviews, looks like either these:
or these:
they're expensive as all fuck but they look like they do everything. In all the reviews of the Klipsch people reference the "Klipsch sound". I'm not an audio guy, what does that mean?

amazon shit not showing up, added links

Large soundstage.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I snagged Galaxy buds with my Note 10+ they've been awesome so far.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
They're all around sweet, but I REALLY like the wireless charging combined with wireless power share on my Note. It just means one less charger I have to bring with me everywhere.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
got a pair on Cowin E7 Pro, seem ok, a bit snug, but sounds better than the beats i was using,

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I found them boys!!! It took a while, I think 7 or 8 pairs? No surprise it took a seperate headphone + mic setup to get what I wanted.

Headphone:

Mic:

Extremely comfortable. The strap is huge. Works for my head perfectly!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Back to the drawing board. Paid for overnight shipping because I was so excited about the Sennheiser GSP 370's, and I got them in today and they don't fit. Like many pairs I've tried they are about an inch to inch and a half too short even when fully extended. :(

Clearly creeping up in the dollars now, but shit this is ridiculous. I understand I have a large head, but after getting apparently so lucky with my Game One's, I didn't think it'd be this hard.

• Logitech G935's - Heavy, and got pretty hot, although they did at least fit over my ears
  • Razer Nari - Amazing sound, but were heavy as hell and by the 2 hour mark were uncomfortable to keep wearing
  • Corsair Void Pro - Didn't fit around my ears very well. One of those where the weird cup shape let them barely fit, but just wasn't right.
  • Corsair HS70 - Worst fitting ones of them all. At least a good 2 inches off from covering my ears.
  • Steelseries Arctis 7 - No adjustable headband, and didn't fit. However they were so close to fitting, and I thought they sounded great, and were overall still comfortable that I almost kept them. I kept thinking I can just bend the alluminum headband to make them fit better.
  • Sennheiser GSP 370 - One's I just got in and don't fit. Again, like many, the ear cups don't come to the bottom of my ears.
5098312.jpg

but if your head is cone shaped try
Audio-Technica ATHAD700X Audiophile Open Air Dynamic Headphones or any audio technica with that style of mounting, most comfortable.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I found them boys!!! It took a while, I think 7 or 8 pairs? No surprise it took a seperate headphone + mic setup to get what I wanted.

Headphone:

Mic:

Extremely comfortable. The strap is huge. Works for my head perfectly!

Those headphone were all the rage a couple years back if I remember. Sound vs price king. You couldn't buy em at all because they were selling out so fast. Great choice.

Crone

Those headphone were all the rage a couple years back if I remember. Sound vs price king. You couldn't buy em at all because they were selling out so fast. Great choice.
Yea, it was between them or the Massdrop Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee's. Watched a review, and the Philip's are more bass heavy, and I like that, so went with these. No regrets at all. The V-moda boom pro mic sounds great, and I guess my only complaint is that it's omni directional, so it's going to pick up everything around me.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not sure what the technical term would be. I need a headphone or an adapter that will combine left and right inputs to one output. I know it won't be stero but I can only hear in one ear. If you use regular headhones they don't combine both channels to one ear, even using the built in mixer in windows. It just mutes or unmutes one side, not combine.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Look for a stereo to mono adapter in what size jack you need

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That may be the option. I was thinking today any good mixer program would do that but I don't even know where to look. Especially since I have multiple headphones that are USB. Oddly enough my guitar multi effects pedal does it.

Crone

Mic I got for my new headphones was pretty good quality, but was omni directional. I don't really like using push to talk, so it was picking up way too much ambient noise. (Wife yelling at the kids , lol). So went with this new setup, and as an added bonus, it comes with a highly rated DAC Amp!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Mic I got for my new headphones was pretty good quality, but was omni directional. I don't really like using push to talk, so it was picking up way too much ambient noise. (Wife yelling at the kids , lol). So went with this new setup, and as an added bonus, it comes with a highly rated DAC Amp!

Antilion is great and ive used it for the past year!

Crone

Upgrades! First dac amp I've ever had.
20191101_163406.jpg

Edit: Omg! It's so loud! so clear! So amazing!!

Last edited: