Headphones & Audio Devices

plus, I am a strong believer in having at least 2 diff headphones, since sometimes one suits your mood and not another. Here are my two.

and

Audiophile stuff is my big passion. Some people like fast cars. I like fast audio ;)

edit: the Shure in'ears are amazing, but the sound of the Grado's is really another level

edit 2: I am not meaning to sound like a snob, but you get back when you put in. You have to LOVE listening to music. My youngest brother loves golf. I could not really care much, even though I get it, it is a great way to spend a morning. I played with him, and I could feel his passion, and some of his drives were amazing to watch. What I am saying is, this how it always works. If you love listening to hi-fidelity recording on good equipment, well, trust me, my recs above are golden ;)

If I had to chose one? Grados are built by aliens. Even the cheeeepest ones, the SR 60's, will likely still blow your mind.

But those 325's. And the audioquest USB DAC would have cost you 10k 20 years ago. Ear phones? I am gonna say, try before you buy. Everyones ears ar diff at that scale of closeness.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
OK choice. I would have went with the Corsairs. Better sound much better build quality.

You really think so? I tried the Corsair Void headset and it didn't fit my head. But the sound was for sure worse than I have on these Razers.

I'll return these and get those though to try. I've noticed that the Razers, despite liking them, are so big and heavy that it's uncomfortable after a couple hours of wearing them.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You really think so? I tried the Corsair Void headset and it didn't fit my head. But the sound was for sure worse than I have on these Razers.

I'll return these and get those though to try. I've noticed that the Razers, despite liking them, are so big and heavy that it's uncomfortable after a couple hours of wearing them.

Yah...I own the HS70's. The void are WAY too heavy. Also like you said they didn't have a great fit. Kept slipping off my head.

Not a fan of wireless. Give me 20 feet of landline into a junction box, all fiber. Or just have fun with the copper.

1605545-grado-325-is.jpg

Crone

Welcome to the cool guy club! Not really. But hey!

View attachment 226305
I don't understand how you all have such small fucking heads. Just got home, and tried them on and they don't even come close to fitting over my ears. Lol! Well, that's the 5th pair. About to give up and just stick with my Sennheiser Game One's wired.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I don't understand how you all have such small fucking heads. Just got home, and tried them on and they don't even come close to fitting over my ears. Lol! Well, that's the 5th pair. About to give up and just stick with my Sennheiser Game One's wired.

LOL! My bad man. I honestly have a small peanut head. How big is your damn head broski!!?

Crone

I think I'll buy a hard case for my Sennheiser Game One's, start using those on the road, and do a full Headphone, DAC, mic setup for my home desktop. That sounds like the better option! :)

Umm, I don't wear hats, so I'm not sure, but from all these headphones the common theme is that they don't come down far enough on my head. So I have a very "tall" head.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think I'll buy a hard case for my Sennheiser Game One's, start using those on the road, and do a full Headphone, DAC, mic setup for my home desktop. That sounds like the better option! :)

Umm, I don't wear hats, so I'm not sure, but from all these headphones the common theme is that they don't come down far enough on my head. So I have a very "tall" head.

Easy call on this one.

Crone

It was like Sennheiser heard my frustrations. Literally like 2 days ago this dropped...

Can't wait!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It was like Sennheiser heard my frustrations. Literally like 2 days ago this dropped...

Can't wait!!

Hahahahhaah! Dude. You need flying cars! Go ahead say it!

I will definitely be getting these.

Crone

They are based off the GSP 300's, which if you believe reviews is like #1 headset for under $100 in 2018.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I really like my Bose QC 35 2's, everyone hates on them but its pretty top notch for me when i want to forget the world. I wouldnt upgrade them to whatever Bose just put out but I will be trying something else in a year or two. The bose will just be used for mowing the lawn and stuff and have a better option for in-home.

Obviously you have to put on a mic for gaming if you use the 35s but its been great so far and cant wait to find something better next year.

Its fun and never easy to find something that works for everything. Shit needing to work and soung great from going to a ps4 in the living room main tv to computer to trolling around on a tractor. Sperate mics (antillion), adapters, mixers bles and blus and blops.

Nothing is ever perfect in the real world.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to be wanting a newer wireless headphone set soonish I think. With bluetooth 5.0 and actX available now, true low-latancy is now a thing.

Crone

Back to the drawing board. Paid for overnight shipping because I was so excited about the Sennheiser GSP 370's, and I got them in today and they don't fit. Like many pairs I've tried they are about an inch to inch and a half too short even when fully extended. :(

Clearly creeping up in the dollars now, but shit this is ridiculous. I understand I have a large head, but after getting apparently so lucky with my Game One's, I didn't think it'd be this hard.

• Logitech G935's - Heavy, and got pretty hot, although they did at least fit over my ears
  • Razer Nari - Amazing sound, but were heavy as hell and by the 2 hour mark were uncomfortable to keep wearing
  • Corsair Void Pro - Didn't fit around my ears very well. One of those where the weird cup shape let them barely fit, but just wasn't right.
  • Corsair HS70 - Worst fitting ones of them all. At least a good 2 inches off from covering my ears.
  • Steelseries Arctis 7 - No adjustable headband, and didn't fit. However they were so close to fitting, and I thought they sounded great, and were overall still comfortable that I almost kept them. I kept thinking I can just bend the alluminum headband to make them fit better.
  • Sennheiser GSP 370 - One's I just got in and don't fit. Again, like many, the ear cups don't come to the bottom of my ears.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe try out turtle beach if they have anything you might want, long time ago I got a pair for PS4 and they were to big for me. I have no idea how there headphones would rate these days.