Headphones & Audio Devices

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So I love the speakers already. My Schiit have not even arrived yet. Still using my FiiO. The only comment I would say is if you dont have a big desk consider speaker stands or a smaller version like the YU4. They sound so clear though and being able to add a sub should make anyone happy.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So I love the speakers already. My Schiit have not even arrived yet. Still using my FiiO. The only comment I would say is if you dont have a big desk consider speaker stands or a smaller version like the YU4. They sound so clear though and being able to add a sub should make anyone happy.

That would be my plan, sub and some Schiit amps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
20210114_115248.jpg

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Should have them up on stands a head level regardless

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Should have them up on stands a head level regardless
I have them on angled stands pointing towards my ears. The tweeter is not much below my ear which would be the ideal placement.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Sorry for the ask man, but can you get a pic further out for size?
I deleted the first picture because it had my badge in it. Here is another since you requested it. They are kind of large. Im considering moving them into the bedroom and buying the next size down. But im really enjoying them so maybe not.

20210117_122405_HDR.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I deleted the first picture because it had my badge in it. Here is another since you requested it. They are kind of large. Im considering moving them into the bedroom and buying the next size down. But im really enjoying them so maybe not.

View attachment 329584

Those are pretty big. May have to go with the next size down like you said...

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Those are pretty big. May have to go with the next size down like you said...
If you have a bigger desk or get speaker stands from the floor it wouldn't be an issue.

So could try the YU4 or Yu2 or Vanatoo Zeros which sound good but look like trash in my opinion.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Dedicated headphones + shitty cheap PC microphone FTW. People are always astonished how good i sound on Vent/TS with such a "shitty" mic. They work great.

rrr_img_77116.jpg
A+ on this. I have an old Sennheiser 280 Pro and it STILL sounds amazing almost 2 decades later. The ear pieces have fallen apart and have since been replaced by shitty ones from Amazon, so I'll go to sennheiser's website and buy the "real" ones at some point.

I also have a cheap $15 PC microphone from Radio Shack, and I sound great. People always compliment it when I use it (not very often).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
A+ on this. I have an old Sennheiser 280 Pro and it STILL sounds amazing almost 2 decades later. The ear pieces have fallen apart and have since been replaced by shitty ones from Amazon, so I'll go to sennheiser's website and buy the "real" ones at some point.

I also have a cheap $15 PC microphone from Radio Shack, and I sound great. People always compliment it when I use it (not very often).

Your age is showing...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll be 40 in August. This isn't a young person's forum. EverQuest released during my Senior Year of High School. It makes plenty of sense.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I bought some floor stands and moved my speakers off the desk but kept the big ones. Pretty happy.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The Kanto 2 YU2GR came today. And they are going right back. They sound just as bad as every other bookshelf speakers this size. They are just too small. Hooking a sub up didn't help because the speakers want to still handle the lows, which leads to a bloody mess in sound.

TLDR: Speakers too small.

aaa.jpg

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Wife wants headphones for listening to college and youtube on phone. So I'm assuming no need for mic and I'm assuming wireless would be ideal but unsure if that makes for a big drawback. Anything in the $100 range? She's not a music snob so comfort and longevity matter over the best audio.