Headphones & Audio Devices

Ryoz

<Donor>
Need suggestions on a good gaming headset for about 50 bones. Was looking at the razer kraken usb and turtle beach z22. Any others you guys can think of?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Love my 598's, and would probably prefer them black as well. I've got those ugly cream colored ones. Great headphones though. Only downside is that they're open, so not great for loud environments or pretending you can't hear the girlfriend bitching about something.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Do the Sennheiser 598s need an extra amp or are they powered just fine from on-board sound on a PC?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I just spent like 2 hours reading forums for that exact same question joeboo and the one Chanur posted seems to be the standard answer arrived at. There were probably 10 or more other suggestions but the E10k came up the most. I'll probably use mine for a couple of months without one and then pick it up.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
For the price and the convenience of them being internal I would definitely choose one over a dedicated external headphone amp.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Help me Rerolled-Wan, you're my only hope. I am looking for recommendations on wireless earbuds that won't kill my budget ($50-80). Earbuds only and not completely over the ear nor noise cancelling. I ride the subway and want to hear when someone is coming up behind me to shiv me for my lunchbox.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Help me Rerolled-Wan, you're my only hope. I am looking for recommendations on wireless earbuds that won't kill my budget ($50-80). Earbuds only and not completely over the ear nor noise cancelling. I ride the subway and want to hear when someone is coming up behind me to shiv me for my lunchbox.
I have a set of bluetooth Mpow Cheetah's that I bought from Amazon last year for something like $30 CAD. I typically find earbuds painfully uncomfortable, and while these aren't my pillowy soft super comfortable Phillips SHP 9500 headphones, I can still handle them for an hour or two at a time. Functionally, they've worked exactly how I'd want them to, and they have more than enough volume for me. The battery life on them is more than good enough as well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
LOL. Reference headphones that state 3db gain on bass for "more powerful sound imaging".

I question the other "design decisions" that go into an expensive headset made for mixing without a flat eq. That's dumb as fuck and sounds like a cheap advertising plot to con rap and hip hop listeners out of money.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
LOL. Reference headphones that state 3db gain on bass for "more powerful sound imaging".

I question the other "design decisions" that go into an expensive headset made for mixing without a flat eq. That's dumb as fuck and sounds like a cheap advertising plot to con rap and hip hop listeners out of money.
Pretty much this. Plus if they fucked with the low end, they probably fucked up the mids somewhere in there. Probably muffled. There has to be a reason for that price drop.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I need a pair of wireless noise cancelling heads phones + mic for my computer. Preferably over the ear design too. Also not the Logitech G930's. I currently have those and managed to accidentally step on them (my subconscious probably said fuck these things).

Wireless is a must as I use it for work calls through Project Fi on the computer and I often have to walk around while I'm on a phone call (both for actual work and the fact that I pace like a nut job when I'm on the phone sometimes). Budget is uh... I dunno $100-200?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Any suggestions on a nice pair of headphones for gaming + music on my pc would be appreciated. Going to treat myself to a pair for Christmas I think since i'm tired of using my earbuds.

The last 2 I bought were headsets and despite them both having tons of good reviews at the time of purchase, both of them crapped out on me within less time than I wanted at the price point (9 months for a pair of Steelseries and 3-4 months for a Corsair pair). By crapped out I mean one of the speakers stopped working and i'd only get sound in 1 ear.

Price range is 100-200ish (could go slightly over if it was really worth it but would prefer not to break 200). AFAIK i'm using onboard sound, I didn't build my current pc. Need to be closed-back/noise cancelling so that people in the room can't hear them and so that I can hear over them/the television/etc. and preferably comfortable enough to wear for like... at least 8 hours for my days off of work.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Any suggestions on a nice pair of headphones for gaming + music on my pc would be appreciated. Going to treat myself to a pair for Christmas I think since i'm tired of using my earbuds.

The last 2 I bought were headsets and despite them both having tons of good reviews at the time of purchase, both of them crapped out on me within less time than I wanted at the price point (9 months for a pair of Steelseries and 3-4 months for a Corsair pair). By crapped out I mean one of the speakers stopped working and i'd only get sound in 1 ear.

Price range is 100-200ish (could go slightly over if it was really worth it but would prefer not to break 200). AFAIK i'm using onboard sound, I didn't build my current pc. Need to be closed-back/noise cancelling so that people in the room can't hear them and so that I can hear over them/the television/etc. and preferably comfortable enough to wear for like... at least 8 hours for my days off of work.
Get this

Amazon.com: FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier (Black): Electronics

Get these.

Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones: Electronics

Less than 200 bucks.