Headphones/Headsets

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a pair of jaybird bluebudsxAmazon.com: JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black: Cell Phones Accessoriesthey are pretty good. I've had them for over a year and encountered zero issues. They are quiet expensive. Their are a lot of options now that are cheaper. Mpow makes a quality clone from what I hear.Amazon.com: Mpow Accessories
Those mpow's are on sale now from Amazon. Mixed reviews, even though the average review on Amazon is high. People say it's inflated, but apparently pretty good.

Mpow Swift Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Sport Headphones $26 + Free Shipping - Amazon Deals, Coupons and Promos

The above was sold out for a few moments, and someone recommended these, but the reviews are a bit more questionable? or just true, and Mpow deletes bad reviews.

Amazon.com: SoundBot? SB551 Bluetooth Headphone Sport Active Earbud Multi-point Wireless Headset w/ Built-in Battery for Music Streaming Accessories

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Currently using Astro A10s as my gaming headset and mic.

It is starting to hurt my head to wear them. I have replaced the cushion and yet I am still pretty much feeling like my scalp is bruised for wearing these fucking things.

Any suggestions for a new gaming headset/mic that is of equal quality in sound and microphone?

Looking for somewhere around $60.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Behold! A thing I made!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't have this exact model. But I've had a SteelSeries for a few years now and I really dig it.

Arctis 3 Gaming Headset
I have the Arctis 7's, and they are actually really good, but I only use them if I know I'll need to use voicechat for a game. At all other times I just use Sennheiser 598SE's (which I got due to recommendations from people here, thanks!).

Hekotat

These are the prototypes, think I'm going to make them out of polished Phoenolic or a nice light wood with silver inlays.

I have the Arctis 7's, and they are actually really good, but I only use them if I know I'll need to use voicechat for a game. At all other times I just use Sennheiser 598SE's (which I got due to recommendations from people here, thanks!).

They're pretty nice, I'm actually looking to get into a nice starter set of audio stuff. I can't spend baller amounts of money like others but a Schiit stack and some entry level headphones might be nice.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have any thoughts on Plantronics’ RIG series of headsets? My GameCom 780 is on the verge of death and they don’t make it anymore and this is the comfiest mother fucker I’ve ever worn. Would like to have something as close to it as possible (and as close to the old price of $70 as possible...). Fully enclosed earpieces, noise-cancelling mic and that fake 7.1 surround stuff is what I’m looking for.

Hekotat

I use some super minimalist hangers, mine used the double sided tape to the wall, girlfriend's is screwed onto side of her desk.

I had the disk mounted style, but it was difficult to charge the headphones with and made routing of the cables wonky when using a wired set. I just wanted to make something so I thought why not.

If I can scrounge an actual nice set of cans for music only I'll come up with something interesting for two sets to ride on. I'm hoping we get a 5 axis machine back in house so I can make a vader/stormtrooper helmet for them.