Heads up for all EA games and Ubisoft games going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Been reading the FoH forums since around 2002, believe Utanyan has been here for longer. I can recall many a time where he went on a "this will happen, this is the way things are! Horrible things incoming!" rant against a company, game or executive. Often months to a year+ before it would happen.

Each time, usually from new members, there have been people going against him refusing to believe, asking for "give direct citation!". Which of course will never happen, because the information tied to UTs statements are usually closer tied to boardroom talk, not PR statements. Meaning inside information from either him or people he know.

Most recent example I can think of when he went full UT was against Elder Scrolls Online, Zenimax and the people behind it. For six+ months before launch it is just a rampage of him going off, and some people refusing to believe our outright lying against his claims since if I recall correctly, I think two of his most vocal naysayers ended up being Zenimax employees? Point being though, I can recall UT being right many times, but can't recall him ever being wrong when he went full UT with flat out specific statements. So he has a reputation of going nuts against certain companies and people in the industry, but not a reputation of lying.

I'd take any statement made on the internet with high scepticism, but he isn't a fraud. It's gotten to the point where if I see him rant against I game I hope will be good I go "Oh no....It's going to suck now isn't it?".

PS: He does like to eventually buy the games he rants against though :)

You and I, we have had our differences over the years. But you have been one of my favorite posters now. You tell it like you see it, positive, and negative, for games you play. That's all that's needed. Glad to know you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I would say this is retarded, no disrespect Ut, but honestly the thing is I believe it could be 100% what is going to happen. Most game sales are happening in the first two to three weeks anyways.

Bring on the lootboxes boys

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It will happen. I only say it because in the early onset, wait. You WILL get the game 3 weeks from now at half the price. What's worse? They already have plans (Two companies) to artificially grind it for P2W mobile and make it worse than it already is.

This entire thing has been about conditioning. And trust me, they planned it.

I need to go to bed. Way too early.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Been reading the FoH forums since around 2002, believe Utanyan has been here for longer. I can recall many a time where he went on a "this will happen, this is the way things are! Horrible things incoming!" rant against a company, game or executive. Often months to a year+ before it would happen.

Each time, usually from new members, there have been people going against him refusing to believe, asking for "give direct citation!". Which of course will never happen, because the information tied to UTs statements are usually closer tied to boardroom talk, not PR statements. Meaning inside information from either him or people he know.

Most recent example I can think of when he went full UT was against Elder Scrolls Online, Zenimax and the people behind it. For six+ months before launch it is just a rampage of him going off, and some people refusing to believe our outright lying against his claims since if I recall correctly, I think two of his most vocal naysayers ended up being Zenimax employees? Point being though, I can recall UT being right many times, but can't recall him ever being wrong when he went full UT with flat out specific statements. So he has a reputation of going nuts against certain companies and people in the industry, but not a reputation of lying.

I'd take any statement made on the internet with high scepticism, but he isn't a fraud. It's gotten to the point where if I see him rant against I game I hope will be good I go "Oh no....It's going to suck now isn't it?".

PS: He does like to eventually buy the games he rants against though :)

I can make bold predictions about a company that would almost seem prophetic. It doesn't take much reading into different developers to come out with predictions which will most likely end up being true. I don't believe Utnayan is as important as he thinks he is. I don't even think he has any links to the gaming industry.

Saying that EA is going to cut the price of games shortly after release is simply following marketing trends. They did the exact same thing last year with Star Wars, and they tend to throw out deep discounts near quieter times in the year.

If you make bold claims without proof then expect them to be questioned with scepticism. We live in a world where proof is required and I'm not taking the claims of a lunatic at face value, sorry.

But yes, Utnayan I am here to find out all your juicy details because you truly are a massive threat to the cabal of AAA developers.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Do you know that I was almost tempted to masquerade as an EA employee to see how far into the depths of madness I could push you? Luckily I decided to play Destiny 2 instead.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would say this is retarded, no disrespect Ut, but honestly the thing is I believe it could be 100% what is going to happen. Most game sales are happening in the first two to three weeks anyways.

Bring on the lootboxes boys

Yea, was getting ready to say similar - it seems to me this is likely accurate just because the writing has been on the wall with it for a while now. We keep seeing more and more RMT sneaking into games and reading more and more reports of it generating good extra revenue from late sales/Gamefly/used that wouldn't otherwise exist - plus the entire hatred of used sales which this would fight against, can you imagine Gamestop trying to do their current trade-in values on EA/Ubi stuff to turn around and have to sell most of the copies for $25 because new is $30?

He might be pulling it out of his ass, but all the breadcrumbs leading up to it make sense. I'm sure he'll be correct, although perhaps the timing will be off. (Although as noted, I'm pretty sure they did exactly that with Battlefront last year, didn't they? I know it discounted quickly - almost like a trial run to see the numbers on it....)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Yea, was getting ready to say similar - it seems to me this is likely accurate just because the writing has been on the wall with it for a while now. We keep seeing more and more RMT sneaking into games and reading more and more reports of it generating good extra revenue from late sales/Gamefly/used that wouldn't otherwise exist - plus the entire hatred of used sales which this would fight against, can you imagine Gamestop trying to do their current trade-in values on EA/Ubi stuff to turn around and have to sell most of the copies for $25 because new is $30?

He might be pulling it out of his ass, but all the breadcrumbs leading up to it make sense. I'm sure he'll be correct, although perhaps the timing will be off. (Although as noted, I'm pretty sure they did exactly that with Battlefront last year, didn't they? I know it discounted quickly - almost like a trial run to see the numbers on it....)

Precisely. Just follow marketing trends and you'd notice that this has been the case for ages. There's even plenty of publishers that have tried this already.

xzi

Mouthbreather
EA just bought the Titanfall devs too so RIP that company and game series in 3 years

• 1Solidarity

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Claiming that EA will slash prices in relatively short order after XYZ game releases is a pretty bold prediction.

Also, the Browns will not make the Superbowl this year and one day Donald Trump will say something retarded on Twitter.

Last edited:
  • 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Caliane

yeah, probably.
also we are going into dec/winter sales as well..

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Btw it's the people that actually pay for microtransactions that ruined gaming. I've never spent a cent on it, the only dlc I've ever got has been in game of the year editions for free

Stop supporting stupid shit

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
what an actual fuck is going on in here? No tranny references, no dox threats. This is not even good trolling. @Amod help, I'm confused and afraid.

New guy and Old guy are sniffing each others asses.

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Caliane

Btw it's the people that actually pay for microtransactions that ruined gaming. I've never spent a cent on it, the only dlc I've ever got has been in game of the year editions for free

x0cgCeD.jpg

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Utnayan, not the prophet that we want but the prophet that we deserve.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve bought a few Elder Scrolls expansions and I’m considering buying Horizon Zero Dawn’s dlc. Typically a discerning consumer can tell by the base product if the add on will be worth it.

I get fucking tired of the pre-release purchase shit on Steam only to see the game get abandoned. I rail on my cousin about being a 15year old idiot and buying all pre-release shit. I even railed on PUBG...clearly wrong there!

spronk

FPS noob
I don't doubt this will eventually become true but it seems highly unlikely EA and Ubisoft would both collude together to do this or have a meeting at the same time, especially given both are public companies, Ubisoft is in the middle of a struggle to fight off a (losing) acquisition battle by Vivendi, and these are some laughably specific numbers. These companies happened to have released a few games before black friday, and black friday is providing a few big discounts on a few games - Assassins Creed, COD WW2, South Park, etc. I like to joke that Ubisoft cuts its prices by 50% after a month but its actually not really true, it usually takes a while longer EXCEPT during this holiday period and it can be hard actually getting copies at the discount price. Battlefront 2 is releasing in 2 days and has no black friday sales. Far Cry 5 will release in Feb and I expect it not to go on deep discount for a few months, so I guess that'll be the first Ut test case.

While I like Ut's posts for the most part a lot of times he goes into straight up psycho mode where he will post 10+ posts per page of a thread, ranting and raving, and always claiming insider knowledge like the kid you grew up with who insisted he had an uncle who worked at Nintendo. Insider knowledge isn't that hard to come across but insider knowledge of collusion, price fixing, etc is not something people share across emails or over beers because if you end up caught as the leaker you can literally go to jail.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

Also anybody that pre-orders a digital product should be put in a gas chamber.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, I remember Ut as being one of the fucking cowboys from back in the day when Brad McQuaid was doing his first ever drug induced fuckup. Back on the old site, god I wish I could get to those posts now. I remember just cackling at some of those fucking things. At any rate, you have a point newbie. And your point is that he doesn't have any proof.

Yet.

And that's all that matters. That's fine if you wanna argue the fact that video games are too expensive to make these days. That's the new normal. That's kind'a the point that he's trying to drive home, though. These companies are trying to sell "games as a service" rather than a game that you actually take home and enjoy.

This proves you wrong.

This proves you wrong.

Even this, which was once used to "prove" me wrong, proves you wrong.

From that site...

Tarmack’s conclusion is “Publishers can still be profitable if they go back to making lots of games”. Sure, they can… but that system sucked for us developers and it sucked for publishers.

Suckage isn't a basis for this discussion.

Also of note, and laughable from the site :

Lots of players actually enjoy microtransaction content.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.