Heads up for all EA games and Ubisoft games going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
How is that laughable? The people paying for them probably enjoy them and that's a significant amount of people.
Those people are disgusting paypigs that don't know what they want and have no self control. They will buy any shit slopped into the trough in front of them.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Those people are disgusting paypigs that don't know what they want and have no self control. They will buy any shit slopped into the trough in front of them.

That's true, but they still enjoy them. Millions of people like Transformers and Kevin James films. For games with mass appeal, MTX will never go away. Smaller niches have a better chance of resisting since they have to be more careful with their audience.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
@Mario. So what you're saying is that they're perfect customers?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
When will shadows of mordor be 5 bucks asking for a friend

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They already discount shit games hard so it's not a shock they're planning on discounting sw bf2 episode 2 "A new coat of paint" so quickly. Heck I saw ME: A on sale for $12 fucking dollars already. The micro thing is insidious because they're looking for people with gambling addictions and trying to get that lever pulling thing going for fucking 1's and 0's.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I remember when a former coworker spent $300 to buy a Shiny Metallic Robe on EBay. It's 17 years later and we still laugh and call him an asshole for it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Is Utnayan the alt that Scream posts on when he goes on a drunken spree but not in politics thread?

Utnayan Utnayan did you pirate shadow of war yet to teach those evil money grubbers their lesson?

• 2Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is Utnayan the alt that Scream posts on when he goes on a drunken spree but not in politics thread?

Utnayan Utnayan did you pirate shadow of war yet to teach those evil money grubbers their lesson?

I’m not drunk enough (yet) to buy into your bait. Come see me in seven hours.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’ll wrap this up with the phrase oligopoly.

And yes, it exists. And yes, don’t buy games from these publishers until day 22 from here on out. And yes, artificial grinds are coming. It’s all part of the conditioning process. We all know it’s going on right now, but some do not know the end game goal.

Sucks. :(

With that said, know that there are some pretty epic folks fighting against this shit in the higher tier of management.

• 3Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Time to go to the bar. After my wife passes out I will continue this little crusade. In the meantime, we can have some fuckball reddit reject tell you all about how the UK can’t figure out how to use Z in place of S, or why they abuse plural pronouns harder than Walsh fucks the far left for Seattle.

• 1Solidarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
How is that laughable? The people paying for them probably enjoy them and that's a significant amount of people.

It's possible you're correct. I came from a time when games were on shelves of B&M stores, when games actually came with a manual thick enough to beat someone to death with, when if you wanted to patch something you were SOL because there was no internet. I dunno what the new generation thinks or believes. And truthfully, I don't care.

If this is what the newest generation thinks, that MTX are great and games really are too expensive to make nowadays. That the game developers really really really tried hard, and then ran off to their bed rooms to bite pillows. Hey, I'm fine with that. I'll find another hobby.

But don't lump me in. My generation finds that statement laughable.

• 2Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Thing is tactics like this will work for a while and then only lead to a collapse as they lose the majority of their playerbase who doesn't want to wade through the shit and the whales won't stick around without the little minnows to play with.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's possible you're correct. I came from a time when games were on shelves of B&M stores, when games actually came with a manual thick enough to beat someone to death with, when if you wanted to patch something you were SOL because there was no internet. I dunno what the new generation thinks or believes. And truthfully, I don't care.

If this is what the newest generation thinks, that MTX are great and games really are too expensive to make nowadays. That the game developers really really really tried hard, and then ran off to their bed rooms to bite pillows. Hey, I'm fine with that. I'll find another hobby.

But don't lump me in. My generation finds that statement laughable.

I hate your ass and then you post something like this. You’re my very own personal John Nash you know that?

Nostalgia is a good thing. Downloading Comanche on a 2400 baud modem where 4 megs in four separate zips would take 6 hours, and we all used bi-modem so we could at least chat at the same time when downloading. Creating ansi files for our BBS front doors. Celerity, force, and knowing if you dialed up a remote access bbs you fucked up because there was nothing there except the possibility operation overkill or trade wars had a minuscule population.

Yeah. Good times indeed my little Irish Mick.

• 2Worf

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Time to go to the bar. After my wife passes out I will continue this little crusade. In the meantime, we can have some fuckball reddit reject tell you all about how the UK can’t figure out how to use Z in place of S, or why they abuse plural pronouns harder than Walsh fucks the far left for Seattle.

Is your wife ugly?

• 1Picard
Status
Not open for further replies.