Health Care Thread

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Weird, my uncle's cousin's sister's butcher just told me how Obamacare is going to save him $2000 per year.
Obama also moonlights as a butcher?

Didnt even have shitty insurance before let alone work for a shitty company that was fucking him over.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just signed up for health insurance through my new job. $50/week for me and the wife on Tufts with a dental and vision package as well as life insurance.

Do I need to worry about this jabberwocky at all? Will I be struck by a drone soon? Will LA cops come to my house and kill me?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bro just told me Obamacare is going to be costing him an extra $1000 per year.
How common that is cones down to your state, many pages back there was a nice graphic demonstrating it.

NY average policy is down 40% or so, NV is up over 100% on average. So in NV it would be trivial to find someone with those types of stories, NY it would be unheard of.

(Although note the states with really high increases often allowed ridiculously low benefits that are being improved upon drastically in addition to cost)

Vaclav

He can't run a website, what makes you think he can run healthcare?
Cool story bro. Websites that handle millions is clearly never going to have a failing from overloading... I.E. MMOs...

Plus Obama actually micronanages to run it personally.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
"The people in there told me that sinceI didn't have an insurance card, I would be billed for the whole cost of the x-ray,' Galvez said, her young daughter in tow. 'It's not fair ? you know, I signed up last week like I was supposed to."

Derp derp de derp another stupid fucking post and how did my ignore list get reset.

INSURANCE HAS ALWAYS WORKED LIKE THIS

Vaclav

They also have caveats on the website stating that benefits started within the enrollment period can experience delays of up to 6 weeks during which reimbursement can be sent in postpaid instead of prepaid.

So due to her delaying it til the last minute she might have to get reimbursed instead of it prepaying... BOOGODDAMHOO. Its annoying but its how the system already worked.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Got my new bill-thingy and it looks about as estimated. A base $200/month less plus visits and prescriptions are cheaper so should probably be saving the estimated $3000-$4000/year.

Thanks Obama!

Vaclav

True enough, even more fuel for the "should be single payer" fire for damn sure.

Algiz

N00b
That's the funny thing, nothing about how insurance is working is new. Looking things up is pretty godawful. People don't carry their cards, or they carry old cards, or their plan didn't change but the card still has new information. Looking things up in a retail pharmacy is unreliable at best, I imaging looking things up in a hospital is even worse.

That isn't Obamacare, that is insurance. I'm all for making insurance look terrible, though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
"The people in there told me that sinceI didn't have an insurance card, I would be billed for the whole cost of the x-ray,' Galvez said, her young daughter in tow. 'It's not fair - you know, I signed up last week like I was supposed to."

Derp derp de derp another stupid fucking post and how did my ignore list get reset.

INSURANCE HAS ALWAYS WORKED LIKE THIS
No it hasn't, not for the past few years anyway. They've been able to look up your coverage in a big ass database for a while now.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I'm almost always asked for an insurance card and photo ID to prove it's my name on the card whenever I go somewhere they don't know me. Been that way for years.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
People are fucking morons. When i signed up for my plan, i received an email from my insurance carrier and opened up an account on their website. This account had all the information necessary including a temporary insurance card. Fucking idiots are not even bothering to check all information that they can before complaining about shit. I wish i had a virus that could kill stupid people
frown.png

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Don't you people have jobs to get a real plan from? Enjoy your overpriced, high deductible, under-networked, Medicaid-lite, shitsurance.

HAHA

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
self employed making low 6 figures with 100% flexible schedule. Also I am in new york so our plans are just dandy. Thank you for the concern.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
People are fucking morons. When i signed up for my plan, i received an email from my insurance carrier and opened up an account on their website. This account had all the information necessary including a temporary insurance card. Fucking idiots are not even bothering to check all information that they can before complaining about shit. I wish i had a virus that could kill stupid people
frown.png
I called my carrier to make payment and get my paperwork, guy on phone said I had to wait for the hardcopy stuff to arrive, that I could not make a payment over the phone or do anything online yet. Two weeks later it hasn't arrived yet.

Edit: Just tried registering online but they couldn't find my SS.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
edit2: Just called them. Yup, I cannot do anything until I receive the paperwork. Lucky for me, they extended the payment deadline before dropping me because...there are delays in getting people their paperwork.